Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Touché

We’ll address the defensive issues with the signing of Pereira & Evans. Beyond that I think we’ll replace Mahrez with Roberts and hopefully as you say a class no10 and we are absolutely in business for top 6. 

Positive about Mahrez going to Man City is that on last season they can’t improve much, they’ll be winning the league again regardless. If we sold him to a shithouse like Arsenal they might actually prevent us from taking 6th, as a loose example.

If we replace Mahrez with Roberts we are in big trouble, a experienced PL player who be involved in scoring or assisting 20 goals, for a kid who had one decent season in a backwater league and has struggled with injuries.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we replace Mahrez with Roberts we are in big trouble, a experienced PL player who be involved in scoring or assisting 20 goals, for a kid who had one decent season in a backwater league and has struggled with injuries.

Couple Roberts with an overall superior and less reliant team on Mahrez and we will be fine :) more than fine. 

I would absolutely be on board with us getting Evans, so long as we are not spending much at all on him, would be a great player to sit next to Maguire, even if for just a season or 2.

I'd love for us to sign Mawson as well/instead of Evans, but I think there will be clubs (like Everton springs to mind) who are willing to blow a fortune on him.

Equally I think it would be great to get Drago permanently, but after how little he's been played this season, I don't think he will be too interested.

It's time to say goodbye to Wes as a starting 11 CB though and people are seriously sniffing around Maguire. So maybe we should be in the market for 2 CB's, at least.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

I read the West Brom forum about him. They weren't over excited about signing a Man utd "reject" but they thought he was the best player at the club for his first two years. Last year they thought he was a shitehawk for throwing his rattle out the pram for not getting his move to Man City. No question about his quality though.

This is the thread from when he first started playing for them.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=17079.175

Brilliant. Just what this squad's been lacking.

• Haha 4

I hear the arguments against the signing but thinking about it for about two seconds....7m for a guy who will walk into our first team whether we play two or three CBs sounds like pretty damn good business to me. Who else is realistically available and a certifiably a better option and who won’t cost at least 4x as much? And if there is someone, well, buy them too. We still need em. I’d like us to sign Dragovic, ideally, in addition to good Evans. 

I understand he’s a right here right now solution but that’s what we need. 

Edited by Wizerud

14 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Some people are against it as he was in the West Brom squad that got relegated.

Wonder if they thought the same when we signed Harry.

I am more against it because he was more interested stealing a taxi and acting like a child than keeping his team up! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Some people are against it as he was in the West Brom squad that got relegated.

Wonder if they thought the same when we signed Harry.

Harry is younger and his Agent did not try to take our trousers down.   Stay clear.

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I am more against it because he was more interested stealing a taxi and acting like a child than keeping his team up! 

That is assuming we are being told the absolute truth of this by our lovely press. Which I somehow doubt.

• Like 1

can't see this happening unless the agent reduces his fee. Which I doubt will happen.

Not even sure we'll pay the £100k/w Evans wants either. All well and good having a small release clause but unless he wants to take a wage cut, he ain't coming here.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

can't see this happening unless the agent reduces his fee. Which I doubt will happen.

Not even sure we'll pay the £100k/w Evans wants either. All well and good having a small release clause but unless he wants to take a wage cut, he ain't coming here.

As the baggies Captain you would have expected him to have been a better off the pitch leader than he showed last season and also went missing a bit at times.

Despite him being a quality player I am not sure the club should be paying the ridiculous agent fee and also a 3 or 4 year deal worth £15m- £20m - I think we can do better!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

That is assuming we are being told the absolute truth of this by our lovely press. Which I somehow doubt.

They admitted to it though and apologised for it so I can’t see how the press made more out of it! 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/west-brom-taxi-stolen-spain-14302050

Just now, chapero82 said:

They admitted to it though and apologised for it so I can’t see how the press made more out of it! 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/west-brom-taxi-stolen-spain-14302050

Aye - just boys/men being boys I guess. I'm strangely unconcerned about this sort of nonsense if they put their all in on the field - I don't expect footballers to be saints, I'm not sure why people are surprised at this sort of thing. We have a weird collective set of morals concerning 'unimportant' people in the public eye.