Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

43 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Evans would be great signing. Anyone saying otherwise needs a reality check.

I need a reality check. 

• Like 4

It baffles me that people have an issue with this. A 30 year old international CB and leader with over 200 PL appearances, 3 winners medals and 2 cup winners medals...... for 7m.

He may have played a minimum part in that Utd team but he was there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It baffles me that people have an issue with this. A 30 year old international CB and leader with over 200 PL appearances, 3 winners medals and 2 cup winners medals...... for 7m.

He may have played a minimum part in that Utd team but he was there.

That’s the positive 

what about the negative side

His team just got relegated, they actually played better with out him towards the end of the season.

Dropped because he was playing poorly or showed signs of throwing a strop after not getting January move?

100k a week 

will probably want 3 or 4 year deal to end career at top level.

if his crap after a year or two, nobody’s coming in for him on them wages.

• Like 2

If we give in and give his agent 4 mill or even 2 mill just for Evans to sign then all the agents will want the same.

Absolute joke agents ruin the bloody game and there should be a block on how much they get.

Say all agents can earn is 10% of the fee paid bloody greedy shits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If we give in and give his agent 4 mill or even 2 mill just for Evans to sign then all the agents will want the same.

Absolute joke agents ruin the bloody game and there should be a block on how much they get.

Say all agents can earn is 10% of the fee paid bloody greedy shits

Different contexts mean different fees but the fact remains that we don’t pay big agents fees so we won’t do so on this deal - imagine the accountants are busy finding a way for us to pay most of it as a s/o fee and for the tax implications to be mitigated somehow 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s the positive 

what about the negative side

His team just got relegated, they actually played better with out him towards the end of the season.

Dropped because he was playing poorly or showed signs of throwing a strop after not getting January move?

100k a week 

will probably want 3 or 4 year deal to end career at top level.

if his crap after a year or two, nobody’s coming in for him on them wages.

I take your point but what I would say is.....

Our POTY was signed from a relegated team. It's a non issue. 

Players get their head turned, it' part and parcel of it. Mahrez done the same and I'm betting, like me you would headbutt your maw if he promised to stay. 

100k a week is steep but even if you factored that in with his pricetag and three year contract, it's probably STILL gonna work out better than any other CB that would improve us...  

West From fans say their team was better without him at the start of the season and better without him at the end of the season. 

Can't see why some here want him, he's well past his best, West Brom fans can't wait till to get rid of him, cos hecthinks he's bigger than the club, and with stealing that taxi what type of example is that when your team is at the bottom of EPL.

• Like 1

I just don't think we should sign him.

We would be much better with mawson or gibson to partner harry maguire long term.

Hes to old to sell for a decent fee he will be on to much of high wages to put clubs off if it doesn't turn out right.

Bad move for me. 

Gibson or mawson just makes more sense 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I just don't think we should sign him.

We would be much better with mawson or gibson to partner harry maguire long term.

Hes to old to sell for a decent fee he will be on to much of high wages to put clubs off if it doesn't turn out right.

Bad move for me. 

Gibson or mawson just makes more sense 

Some peoplw you buy for the fact they are dirt cheap, have great leadership skills and are very good players, not for their sell on value.

Gibson and Mawson might have a sell-on value if they progress ( Musa and slimani havnt progressed and likely do not have a sell on value)  but can they offer right now What Evans can?

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Some peoplw yoy buy for the fact they are dirt cheap, have great leadership skills and are very good players, not for their sell on value.

Gibson and Mawson might have a sell-on value if they progress ( Musa and slimani havnt progressed and likely do not have a sell on value)  but can they offer right now What Evans can?

I've been digging into Evans amd this last season and the only thing by sounds of it he can offer is giving up his position after 5 games to wes morgan because we would of bought shite again.

We need to stay clear of this get young blood in. 

And build a team to gel together.

Not have someone who thinks he's Billy big bollucks and think there above our club

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I've been digging into Evans amd this last season and the only thing by sounds of it he can offer is giving up his position after 5 games to wes morgan because we would of bought shite again.

We need to stay clear of this get young blood in. 

And build a team to gel together.

Not have someone who thinks he's Billy big bollucks and think there above our club

If he thought he was great he wouldn’t of gone from Man United to West Brom.

i get the building a team.. I really do, but Not to the extent of compromising the teams ability for the up coming season... that’s what makes no sense..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

If he thought he was great he wouldn’t of gone from Man United to West Brom.

i get the building a team.. I really do, but Not to the extent of compromising the teams ability for the up coming season... that’s what makes no sense..

Yes but what yourself and others are thinking is he will instantly make our team stronger.

The question is will he?

I'm not convinced until proved otherwise there is much better out there at younger, yes more expensive but worthwhile.

Hes demanding silly money for final years of his career 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

So it turns out quite a lot of us aren't "street" enough to know what Doug means. I'm baffled personally. :dunno:

Does it or does it not involve a clenched fist ?? thats my understanding of it..........but im a deviant......