Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I think you are either deliberately missing the point or really fail to understand business.

Agents are working all year round, working on deals, working on new contracts. This isn't 1980 where they can't make phone calls, can't send emails. I can sit on a beach working and someone wouldn't even know I was away from my desk. If something was urgent, I could fly home in about the same time it'd take me to drive from London to Newcastle. So I'd suggest it's you who doesn't understand business in the modern age. Our DOF was pictured sat on a beach this time last year with laptop and phone.

Do people think agents aren't going to be away from the desk off in Russia for weeks at at a time this summer? Many agents are international ones anyway, you can have premier league stars with Italian and Spanish agents, who jet around the world to see their clients and do deals.

The idea that an agent can't move from his desk just because the transfer window opens is laughable. If it's the end of the window, then sure it'd be moronic to be too far away, but it isn't, so it's not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's not exactly "going on holidays" in classical terms, is it?

Agents can't afford real holidays, anyway. Not if they're serious about their job.

As far as DoF and HoR are concerned, they usually have a deputy in place for the time being.

And if we've learnt anything, transfer dealings aren't done exclusively in the summer transfer period, either - they come with a history. For instance, the Pereira deal was initiated as early as last January.

That's what holidays are for most people in any high level sort of business. I disagree with the person saying that signings aren't happening because agents away, for the reasons I've outlined. But I also disagree that agents don't go away in the summer, they do. They are just available for work all the time, like most businessmen are if needed.

If deals aren't getting done, there are far more likely things than an agent being on a beach. So I'm agreeing with you in a way. :D

Edited by Babylon

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Agents are working all year round, working on deals, working on new contracts. This isn't 1980 where they can't make phone calls, can't send emails. I can sit on a beach working and someone wouldn't even know I was away from my desk. If something was urgent, I could fly home in about the same time it'd take me to drive from London to Newcastle. So I'd suggest it's you who doesn't understand business in the modern age. Our DOF was pictured sat on a beach this time last year with laptop and phone.

Do people think agents aren't going to be away from the desk off in Russia for weeks at at a time this summer? Many agents are international ones anyway, you can have premier league stars with Italian and Spanish agents, who jet around the world to see their clients and do deals.

The idea that an agent can't move from his desk just because the transfer window opens is laughable. If it's the end of the window, then sure it'd be moronic to be too far away, but it isn't, so it's not.

It was me arguing that they work all the year round you disagreed saying (or at least agreeing with) "they can't work because they are on holiday". Sometimes you are very idiot in a discussion or seem to argue just to argue. Perhaps read through the discussion between me and ST.A before getting involved.

20 minutes ago, FIF said:

It was me arguing that they work all the year round you disagreed saying (or at least agreeing with) "they can't work because they are on holiday". Sometimes you are very idiot in a discussion or seem to argue just to argue. Perhaps read through the discussion between me and ST.A before getting involved.

I didn't disagree with you, I hadn't even replied to you. I disagreed with someone saying it was irresponsible to go away during the summer, I argued that it wasn't... then you jumped on me!!!!!!!

Just now, Babylon said:

I didn't disagree with you, I hadn't even replied to you. I disagreed with someone saying it was irresponsible to go away during the summer, I argued that it wasn't... then you jumped on me!!!!!!!

okay. Sorry if that's the case. My bad.

Everyone is missunderstanding everyone - par for the course on here I guess!

transfers will usually be announced when medicals have taken place (unless there is a rush to announce for other reasons - ‘ subject to medical’)

this early in the window there is no rush to get things ‘over the line’ if all is agreed between clubs/players reps.

Many players are away on int duty 

i doubt the club want to complete and announce any deals while the DOF is away - there is no reason to do so. 

Agents are also away - but that makes less difference unless the player concerned is unhappy to complete any move without having his agent with him. 

The point is - people are on holiday or int duty - it’s no surprise things aren’t being announced or concluded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Everyone is missunderstanding everyone - par for the course on here I guess!

transfers will usually be announced when medicals have taken place (unless there is a rush to announce for other reasons - ‘ subject to medical’)

this early in the window there is no rush to get things ‘over the line’ if all is agreed between clubs/players reps.

Many players are away on int duty 

i doubt the club want to complete and announce any deals while the DOF is away - there is no reason to do so. 

Agents are also away - but that makes less difference unless the player concerned is unhappy to complete any move without having his agent with him. 

The point is - people are on holiday or int duty - it’s no surprise things aren’t being announced or concluded.

Or simply a matter of negotiations slumping, subject to a constant back-and-forth between all parties involved. Being "on holidays" during the summer transfer window hasn't hindered anyone from concluding a deal, especially not in the day and age of internet, E-Mails and mobile phones.

And that's particularly not the case when you look at a player such as Jonny Evans, who now has the whole summer to himself after two pre-World Cup friendlies. No doubt, he'll be in regular touch with his agent during these sunny May and June days now.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Or simply a case of the negotiations slumping on, subject to a constant back-and-forth between all parties involved. Being "on holidays" during the summer transfer window hasn't hindered anyone from concluding a deal, especially not in the day and age of internet, E-Mails and mobile phones.

I think he's just saying things can just slow down a bit, with potentially so many different parties all around the world, on business, or holidays or international football etc. The details might be there as they can all tick things along whilst being sat on the beach, but it's one of them where the i's won't be dotted until everyone is in the same room.

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Could be guess work but he does have a good track record regardless.

That tweet was on the day he was announced, when everyone knew it was a done deal for about a week.

From my experience LCFC HQ know FA. 

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Ricey said:

That tweet was on the day he was announced, when everyone knew it was a done deal for about a week.

From my experience LCFC HQ know FA. 

The FA know FA

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Could be guess work but he does have a good track record regardless.

I've followed him for two years, he's full of BS. Used to at least be a good news aggregator, posting stuff within minutes of Percy breaking info etc, now he's just resorted to making up stuff and prefacing everything with "I've been told".

This thread will be closed soon.................. dare i say Sunday deadline, could be all wrapped up.

Evans is not a signing i wanted at first but everyone has made me see a different light to him.

Could be good.

also we are not the only club that has offered evans a deal or triggered his release clause 5 other clubs 4 are from the premier league.

but from what is said we have offered the best package wages bonuses etc.

No i dont know what the wages are there info is hard to come acrooss

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

This thread will be closed soon.................. dare i say Sunday deadline, could be all wrapped up.

Evans is not a signing i wanted at first but everyone has made me see a different light to him.

Could be good.

also we are not the only club that has offered evans a deal or triggered his release clause 5 other clubs 4 are from the premier league.

but from what is said we have offered the best package wages bonuses etc.

No i dont know what the wages are there info is hard to come acrooss

That’s good stuff mate :)