Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Ok.

I'm done with it now with dick heads like this.

Thats the last bit of info your getting from me.

Just enjoy the window 

58 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Don't need it. I'm fairly confident my own legitimate link will let me know, probs before Sunday. Might keep it to myself though.

Christ, pass me an interventions injection of football, any football, a friendly will do. This place isn't strong enough to go cold turkey!

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Ok.

I'm done with it now with dick heads like this.

Thats the last bit of info your getting from me.

Just enjoy the window 

Dont take it so personally 

I'm sure people will survive with out the info either way

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

As a replacement for Wes - fine.  We now need to sign a younger more mobile CB - hang on we have one.  Let us hope with Wes no longer being Chairman of the Selectors, Armatey is given a chance for an extended run in the team.

What is this obsession some of you have with playing Amartey at CB? At no point in his career had he played there at the sort of level we're trying to reach. He hasn't ever looked top half prem quality in any position. Fair enough he's a useful utility option but a starter? Behave.

Just now, Steve Earle said:

I don’t know you, you don’t know me. I’ll give you the benefit though. That was intended to be humorous, right?

No, that was deadly serious; you shouldn't be on a forum if you get pissed off from a few words x

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t know you, you don’t know me. I’ll give you the benefit though. That was intended to be humorous, right?

He didn't reply to you.... now he has lol

Edited by Babylon

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

No-one on here knows me from Adam (sorry, no personal reference intended!), nor would give a damn if I left the forum. I have a life, a job etc, and don’t live on the internet.

I’ve enjoyed logging on to Foxes Talk over the years, a few times a day, posting the odd thought. 

I left another forum years ago (they wouldn’t remember me, I don’t remember them) when it got to the stage that every little post of mine brought forth abuse of one kind or another (what do you know?,etc), such that the only sane thing to do was get out.

I hope we’re not heading in that direction here, but it does seem to me that every poster who might know anything of interest to most readers is now almost automatically subject to (at least) interrogation or (at worst) abuse or ridicule. 

I’m sure there are some posters on this forum for egocentric reasons, but surely we’d want this forum to be an environment in which people with some/a little knowledge would be happy to share that, without fear of abuse or recrimination?

In short, could we lay off both the ITKs and those that wish they were? It’s only a chat forum, after all.

Which is all grand, but there are people on here who bet good money on the back of some absolute bullshitters making stuff up. I think it's wrong to pass yourself off as something you are not, and if I think they are then I'll continue to call them out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which is all grand, but there are people on here who bet good money on the back of some absolute bullshitters making stuff up. I think it's wrong to pass yourself off as something you are not, and if I think they are then I'll continue to call them out.

You can call people out all you want; doesn’t mean they lied or were bullshitters. Things are ever evolving in the transfer world. I don’t know that we have too many con artists lurking here. 

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Maybe the fault should lie with people that bet on rumours from a internet forum, as opposed to jumping on people that potentially pass info on regardless how creditable it seems.

You do seem to have hangups with people passing on info as "ITK" didnt you used to dig Bert out?

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone who uses this forum as research based evidence when betting

deserve to lose everything !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

You can call people out all you want; doesn’t mean they lied or were bullshitters. Things are ever evolving in the transfer world. I don’t know that we have too many con artists lurking here. 

When they are posting information minutes after it appears on twitter I think it's pretty obvious what they are doing.

Someone spends a day stressing we won't sign anyone this week.... Evans news appears on twitter.... oh we could be signing Evans this week. I mean come on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

'kinell Babylon, that's a bit embarrassing mate. I hope those straws weren't plastic.

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

No-one on here knows me from Adam (sorry, no personal reference intended!), nor would give a damn if I left the forum. I have a life, a job etc, and don’t live on the internet.

I’ve enjoyed logging on to Foxes Talk over the years, a few times a day, posting the odd thought. 

I left another forum years ago (they wouldn’t remember me, I don’t remember them) when it got to the stage that every little post of mine brought forth abuse of one kind or another (what do you know?,etc), such that the only sane thing to do was get out.

I hope we’re not heading in that direction here, but it does seem to me that every poster who might know anything of interest to most readers is now almost automatically subject to (at least) interrogation or (at worst) abuse or ridicule. 

I’m sure there are some posters on this forum for egocentric reasons, but surely we’d want this forum to be an environment in which people with some/a little knowledge would be happy to share that, without fear of abuse or recrimination?

In short, could we lay off both the ITKs and those that wish they were? It’s only a chat forum, after all.

That’s our dose of sensibility done . Back to the bullshit lads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

'kinell Babylon, that's a bit embarrassing mate. I hope those straws weren't plastic.

I don't like to see people taken in by these con men, why is that embarrassing?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

This. I don't mind people passing on things that they hear, it makes things interesting. However the masses of people suddenly betting on Maddison off the back of one post the other day, on the assumption the info was definitely confirmed, really bothered me. I bet pretty heavily on transfers and the odds they were taking were pretty crap in relation to the available information. I don't call out anyone on here as bullshitters because the truth of the matter is that I am not ITK and therefore don't know if their info is any good or not. The Twitter fake agents are another matter... I do, however, keep a rough track record in my head for various FT posters and newspaper journos and sort them into reliability tiers that way lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

No, that was deadly serious; you shouldn't be on a forum if you get pissed off from a few words x

Christ alive. 

There’s nothing anyone on here could say that would piss me off. Bore me rigid, sure. Exasperate me sure. Make me slightly ashamed to support the same club as some on here - certainly!

But I guess you’d rather score childish points than reflect on a vaguely serious post.

• Like 1