Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which is all grand, but there are people on here who bet good money on the back of some absolute bullshitters making stuff up. I think it's wrong to pass yourself off as something you are not, and if I think they are then I'll continue to call them out.

Well those people need professional help then. Search for Gamble aware.

• Haha 2

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Christ alive. 

There’s nothing anyone on here could say that would piss me off. Bore me rigid, sure. Exasperate me sure. Make me slightly ashamed to support the same club as some on here - certainly!

But I guess you’d rather score childish points than reflect on a vaguely serious post.

Hi, 

Quite frankly you lost me when you started referring to people replies as "Interrogation, abuse or ridicule" you're on a forum, expect discussion and expect a few words thrown at you, so what they're words get over it or close your computer as there is so many worse things in the world to complain about than you're feelings being hurt from people being (rightly) sceptical about ITK knowledge. 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Well those people need professional help then. Search for Gamble aware.

They probably do yes, but it doesn't stop me being left aback when I see people saying they've put £100 on the back of someone with a sketchy history saying something is "done".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hi, 

Quite frankly you lost me when you started referring to people replies as "Interrogation, abuse or ridicule" you're on a forum, expect discussion and expect a few words thrown at you, so what they're words get over it or close your computer as there is so many worse things in the world to complain about than you're feelings being hurt from people being (rightly) sceptical about ITK knowledge. 

Can I just say how refreshing to see the correct use of ‘they’re’ used in the proper context 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hi, 

So you didn’t read my post. Hey ho.

Lest anyone should think I’m thin skinned, please do so (read my post that is). To my knowledge no-one has had any kind of pop at me on here.

My post wasn’t (drum roll...introduces whacky concept) about me, but about the tone of debate on here.

Which I can’t control, but was trying in a polite and respectful way to influence. Just a bit. 

Night.

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So you didn’t read my post. Hey ho.

Lest anyone should think I’m thin skinned, please do so (read my post that is). To my knowledge no-one has had any kind of pop at me on here.

My post wasn’t (drum roll...introduces whacky concept) about me, but about the tone of debate on here.

Which I can’t control, but was trying in a polite and respectful way to influence. Just a bit. 

Night.

i'm very well aware it was about Adam and I was talking about people in general no one in particular, just felt the right moment to say it. 

Edited by lcfc sheff

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They probably do yes, but it doesn't stop me being left aback when I see people saying they've put £100 on the back of someone with a sketchy history saying something is "done".

It's fine to not be ok with it but as somebody who has written gambling policies, dealt with vulnerable people/problem gamers etc, I sympathise but don't think you can really place the blame at the door of a stranger on the internet. Are any of these 'ITK's' getting anything out of making people lose on a bet? Don't think so but maybe they are?

Bottom line is, take it all with a pinch of salt. Plenty of these guys are just attention seeking and it's not hard to start rumours. I did it when I was about 15 linking us with Matt Jarvis and that one caught wind. If people's lives are so dull they get great pleasure in winding up randomers on the internet, then good for them I guess. I'll just pity them.

Lets all get back to the main topic please.

Looks like Evans had his heart set on Man City, but they are not interested now, so he's not particularly keen on coming to Leicester.

Maybe this is the hold up lol

Fake taxi driver sets fire to front door after trying to get into woman’s home

By Jeff Reines|Jun. 5th, 2018

A fake cabbie tried to get into a frightened young woman's house after driving "like a maniac" and then set fire to her doorstep in Cornwall.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Which is all grand, but there are people on here who bet good money on the back of some absolute bullshitters making stuff up. I think it's wrong to pass yourself off as something you are not, and if I think they are then I'll continue to call them out.

If people are making bets based on what they read here then they have serious problems. Don't blame the poster, blame the punter.

• Like 2