Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

Nice to be signing someone with some PL experience. We all get very excited by the 19 year olds that have no experience in the PL but every so often you need this type of signings that you can pretty much predict what you're going to get. 3.5M is pocket change nowadays too. 

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Can everybody please queue up and issue Adam with an apology?

Welcome back btw

no apology needed just been working that is all and seen John Percy part.

In theory if evans does sign end of this week then our transfer window has been very active so far.

what was peoples thoughts on how many players needed before the window i was thinking 4 or 5.

we would have 2 in by end of the week so its looking good thus far.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This will be announced today between 3pm and 5pm. 

I'm as ITK as you can get. 

Last night, Rudkin visited me in a dream and told me so. He was dressed like the weird naked Indian from Wayne's world 2 so it' defo legit. 

Between 2pm and 5pm. Bet your MRS on it. 

Nailed it.  Keep dreaming Foxy lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Interesting. I wonder what becomes of Wes.... particularly if we sign Drago/another CB.

This could truly be the start of a new era.

Wes will always be a legend, but he has no business being in the first team now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

no apology needed just been working that is all and seen John Percy part.

In theory if evans does sign end of this week then our transfer window has been very active so far.

what was peoples thoughts on how many players needed before the window i was thinking 4 or 5.

we would have 2 in by end of the week so its looking good thus far.

In my mind it was a minimum of RB, CB, RW and an attacking midfielder. We've been linked with all of those so it's looking good.

• Like 1

Brilliant business by us if this comes off. A player who was wanted by Man City and Arsenal less than a year a go and who West Brom turned down £23m bids for.

With our really young side a centre back who is 30 and at his peak will offer much needed experience to our Maguire and our young defence and team in general. We've replaced the two players who weren't suited to "Puelball" the most in Simpson and Morgan and replaced them with top quality for us.

If we can get Grealish and Maddison in then I will be absolutely delighted by our window.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let’s be clear - activating the release clause isnt the trick here, it’s convincing the player to come and paying him enough 

That will have already been done before activating it. Terms will already have been agreed and the only danger to this deal is someone gazumping us at the last minute.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

In my mind it was a minimum of RB, CB, RW and an attacking midfielder. We've been linked with all of those so it's looking good.

yea i agree i can also seeing a new striker come in aswel dependant on outgoing transfers.

but if Ulloa and Silimani and Okazaki all leave this window id expect maybe 2 X strikers unless lads from the under 23s get there chance which i think they should.

23 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Jonny Evans: West Brom captain close to joining Leicester

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Sharethis page
Jonny Evans
Evans made 30 appearances for West Brom last season

West Brom captain Jonny Evans is on the brink of joining Leicester City for £3.5m after terms were agreed with the Premier League side.

Foxes manager Claude Puel is a long-time admirer of the 30-year-old Northern Ireland defender.

The Frenchman has been told he will remain as boss despite speculation over his future at the end of last term.

Evans has spent three years with the Baggies but was close to leaving during the last two transfer windows.

It is understood the fee, contained in a relegation clause in former Manchester United defender Evans' contract, is payable in two instalments of £1.75m.

Amazingly poor business from West Brom!!

We should be extra dickish and pay in tuppences. :pearson:

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

yea i agree i can also seeing a new striker come in aswel dependant on outgoing transfers.

but if Ulloa and Silimani and Okazaki all leave this window id expect maybe 2 X strikers unless lads from the under 23s get there chance which i think they should.

For sure, we can't depend on Vardy and Iheanacho alone to cover two positions.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That will have already been done before activating it. Terms will already have been agreed and the only danger to this deal is someone gazumping us at the last minute.

...and the BBC have just reported personal terms have been agreed. Take with a pinch of salt obviously but does seem quite a specific detail and all the rumours are suggesting this is very close! Buzzing!

• Like 1