Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A lot of West Brom fans are happy to see the back and are saying he’s rapidly declining. Apparently the first thing Darren Moore did when taking over was to drop Evans an results instantly picked up. 

Hopefully they are just being bitter about him leaving and this isn’t another Matt Mills situation. 

For 3.5m I would say it's certainly worth the risk.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A lot of West Brom fans are happy to see the back and are saying he’s rapidly declining. Apparently the first thing Darren Moore did when taking over was to drop Evans an results instantly picked up. 

Hopefully they are just being bitter about him leaving and this isn’t another Matt Mills situation. 

Evans probably just stopped being arsed in the end because he was playing with a load of shit. 

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Chuffed about this, shades of when we signed Huth and that vastly improved our squad. 

Thought the same. Has that feel about it and hopefully he can really shine here in his prime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

http://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=15470

Not as complimentary as Porto were about Ricardo, unsurprisingly.

Any team relegated are going to slate their players, especially after the taxi incident and also this ridiculously cheap get out clause! 

They were raving about him when first joined and no doubt still would be if they had managed to stay up! 

9 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I think he was pissed off not to get his move last summer, and that affected his performance last season. 

So far so good.  Nice to see us signing quality players for positions we really need.  I hope the fans give credit where it is due and if things start slowly I hope we remember that most of use are behind the signings made so far.  Bar the Mahrez conundrum I think we are assembling a very good squad.  X

• Like 1

Just now, brucey said:

This deal is 10-15m cheaper than Drago even with extortionate agent fee, it's no wonder we weren't massively keen on the latter

still think we need to add another CB, but perhaps Drago wanted 1st team guarantees which is fair enough.

I still don't like the idea of going into the season with Wes as our 3rd choice. Any injury to our starting two and we have Wes! :sweating:

Hopefully we are looking at signing a young up and coming prospect to be our 3rd choice. Also interested to see Amartey get a few cup games at CB

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Really loving that we are going for our targets early on.

Who is down to this this season..Puel stamping his authority? Owners cracking thw whip?...dare I say Rudders??

Leicester as a club with our current owners learn their lessons. 

Sousa

Sven

15/16 transfer window debacle

Adrien Silva fiasco

These things have all happened, but we've clearly improved on all fronts. Changing the way we do things, getting in a Head of Scouting with European experience, doing our business early to avoid another Silva situation. Bringing in better quality players to align with our goal of getting into Europe.

We don't learn as quickly as I would like, but when you look at the madness that's happening just up the road at Villa, it makes me pretty happy to have people in charge that recognise when things go wrong and proactively try to sort it.

• Like 4

I like the fact we've signed another captain. Always a bonus when there's leaders in the team.

Morgan - yeah he won't play as much but you can guarantee his experience in the squad will be huge for younger players
Maguire - previousy captain at Hull, good leadership skills in general anyway
Iborra - previously captain at Sevilla, helped them in their Europa League success I think?
Schmeichel - has previously been captain for us as well as Denmark I believe in the past.
Vardy - my choice for captain next year; again experience of his time here let alone in his career will help massively. 
Adrien Silva - captain at Sporting, obviously has that experience there and expect him to perform better with less controversy this season.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So far so good.  Nice to see us signing quality players for positions we really need.  I hope the fans give credit where it is due and if things start slowly I hope we remember that most of use are behind the signings made so far.  Bar the Mahrez conundrum I think we are assembling a very good squad.  X

I was thinking the same Rumble. The club copped some deserved stick for the dreadful signings in the summer of 2016 but since then our business* has been decent (with the exception of the Silva **** up). 

In:

Evans- £3m

Pereira- £15m

Iheanacho - £25m

Silva - £22m

Iborra - £11m

Maguire - £11m

Diabete - £2m

Dragovic- loan

Jakupovic - free

Out:

Drinky - £35m ( lol )

Zieler - £4m

Lawrence- £5m

Hernandez- £1m

Jazzy Jeff- £12m

Jury is still out on Silva and Nacho (I think they'll come good) but otherwise, that's a respectable recent record imho.

* figure are purely from memory...and I have a shite memory.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I like the fact we've signed another captain. Always a bonus when there's leaders in the team.

Morgan - yeah he won't play as much but you can guarantee his experience in the squad will be huge for younger players
Maguire - previousy captain at Hull, good leadership skills in general anyway
Iborra - previously captain at Sevilla, helped them in their Europa League success I think?
Schmeichel - has previously been captain for us as well as Denmark I believe in the past.
Vardy - my choice for captain next year; again experience of his time here let alone in his career will help massively. 
Adrien Silva - captain at Sporting, obviously has that experience there and expect him to perform better with less controversy this season.

Actually think Evans will be the best leader we have. Probably rub other players the wrong way to give him the Captaincy straight away, but I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes it after a season.