Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

no apology needed just been working that is all and seen John Percy part.

In theory if evans does sign end of this week then our transfer window has been very active so far.

what was peoples thoughts on how many players needed before the window i was thinking 4 or 5.

we would have 2 in by end of the week so its looking good thus far.

I thought 8 out 8 in ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

no apology needed just been working that is all and seen John Percy part.

In theory if evans does sign end of this week then our transfer window has been very active so far.

what was peoples thoughts on how many players needed before the window i was thinking 4 or 5.

we would have 2 in by end of the week so its looking good thus far.

Maddison incoming too? 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maddison incoming too? 

Think he means Ricardo Pereira going off the rest of his post, Adam's been quite dismissive of Maddison rumours in the last week I think

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The general consensus from West Brom fans isn't he's declining (he's only 30 which is prime for a centre half) but that he was rubbish last season after having his head turned by Man City.  They'll tell you he was outstanding the first two years there as will Alex Ferguson only have good things to say about him in his Man Utd days.

Whilst it's not defendable for him to have a downturn in form since his Man City interest was rebuffed by the Baggies it is understandable. 

It's a new club foe Evans and I wouldn't expect him to come here on anything but a high and a new chapter and if we see the real Jonny Evans we'll be gushing at what a steal he was a couple of months into the season.

Man City was a big chance for him to win silverware again but their ludicrous spending would mean he'd rarely get a game. Better if he comes here and helps us win silverware where it's not really expected of him, and helps us progress into a top club.

7 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Think he means Ricardo Pereira going off the rest of his post, Adam's been quite dismissive of Maddison rumours in the last week I think

I can only think the issue would be is that Maddison is currently injured with ligament damage expected to be fit around the end of July 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, plenty. There's a reason I get repped, and it's not through being unpleasant. And I'd not survive in my job by being nasty either. But thanks for chipping in constructively. 

Amazing what you get by making a general observation that touches nerves. 

Just pulling your leg bud ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think this is the end of Dragovic. The players are very similar in stature and their styles. Interesting to see if this is the only CB we get in or whether Wes stays as back up. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see some u23 players getting some time eg in the  cups - I think Hughes is highly regarded by puel and the club 

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maddison incoming too? 

Maddison is not going to be straight forward many clubs want to sign him.

However what I do know is we are trying hard for this signing. And from I was told it he would be the next signing through the door. Him being close to his family is key thou. No bid been made for Maddison as of yet

I've not heard anything concrete about grealish thou.Much of those stories are paper talk.

But I don't know every player we are going for.

The interest in that Turkish lad is real and lcfc real want that kid. This is being mentioned alot more than greleash 

Edited by adamlcfcbevo85
  • Thanks 2

Looks like I'm in the minority then, I'd really prefer it if we didn't make this Evans signing. The few games where I've really taken notice of his contribution he was caught out of position quite a few times where he was tardy getting back, and looked a bit half ar$ed. Just hope that we are doing the right thing, his fee may be low, but his wages won't be.

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

Looks like I'm in the minority then, I'd really prefer it if we didn't make this Evans signing. The few games where I've really taken notice of his contribution he was caught out of position quite a few times where he was tardy getting back, and looked a bit half ar$ed. Just hope that we are doing the right thing, his fee may be low, but his wages won't be.

Hopefully we can get him fit, the issue he's had most of his career has been missing months a season through injuries.

Man U's best defender in the 14/15 season; they fell apart after he went off 21/9/14

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

So the release clause is £3m but we're gonna pay two instalments of £1.75m?

Why not just pay what the release clause is i.e. £3m?

Only Rudders could negotiate a deal that good.  lol lol 

18 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Is this based upon his entire career or last season in an awful West Brom side managed by Pardew?

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I was thinking the same Rumble. The club copped some deserved stick for the dreadful signings in the summer of 2016 but since then our business* has been decent (with the exception of the Silva **** up). 

In:

Evans- £3m

Pereira- £15m

Iheanacho - £25m

Silva - £22m

Iborra - £11m

Maguire - £11m

Diabete - £2m

Dragovic- loan

Jakupovic - free

Out:

Drinky - £35m ( lol )

Zieler - £4m

Lawrence- £5m

Hernandez- £1m

Jazzy Jeff- £12m

Jury is still out on Silva and Nacho (I think they'll come good) but otherwise, that's a respectable recent record imho.

* figure are purely from memory...and I have a shite memory.

Aye, I doubt many other team's business looks massively better than that and I bet lots look worse.

Are we massive yet?

28 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'm with you here. £3m is cheap but I always question weather its right to sign a relegated player especially defenders. As somebody said earlier he was dropped by WBA and look how well they ended the season. I'm holding out until I see him play next season. 

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Really? So it's nothing to do with his business interests then.

Ahh yes his business intrests, (junior coaching) that he has had since his time at Norwich.

Yes sylo it's only to do with his business interests. Got nothing to do with his family he hates his family who am I kidding lol