Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

IF Morgan is happy to stay as third choice it would be great to still have him about for one more season.  Really happy with this signing.  Hopefully we look to the future and make sure we have a replacement once needed.  Would like to see a youngish CB come in with the aim of bringing into the team in a couple of years.

Didn't Wes threaten to leave if he wasn't first choice when Craig was in charge? Sounds rubbish as I'm sure we'd have let him leave if he said that. lol

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Didn't Wes threaten to leave if he wasn't first choice when Craig was in charge? Sounds rubbish as I'm sure we'd have let him leave if he said that. lol

Not sure? I hope he can be rational and realise he is probably past his best.  He could probably move down a division and play which I would understand but be nice if he finished off his career here and as a third choice CB I'd be happy to have him.

Guest Col city fan

Very shrewd signing. So far we look to have done some great business this summer. As important though, IMO, is to offload some of the shite.

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I'm sure one of the ITK's said recently that he was happy to stay as a squad player but the club wanted him out

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm sure one of the ITK's said recently that he was happy to stay as a squad player but the club wanted him out

Fair enough. I just remember seeing that he kicked up a fuss at the start of last season in terms of being first choice. 

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not sure? I hope he can be rational and realise he is probably past his best.  He could probably move down a division and play which I would understand but be nice if he finished off his career here and as a third choice CB I'd be happy to have him.

If Moore comes in and has a decent pre season I can see him being 3rd choice and replacing Wes on the bench. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I hate all the piss-taking / bile aimed at Wes. The guy is an absolute ****ing club legend and deserves a lot more respect. Those people ripping him over his weight and / or calling for him to be binned off immediately should have a word with themselves.

Not saying he's beyond criticism, not saying he's worthy of a starting place- I'm saying people shouldn't be so dismissive of one of our best ever signings.

:appl:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Kasper

Chillwell..Maguire..Evans..Pereira

Ndidi...........Silva

That' a really good base to start with. It' the three that play in ront of them (being vardy) that are the big question mark just now but I always agree with building from the back and we've addressed the weakest points RB and CB. 

So we'll be playing our full/wing backs on the wrong flanks?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

IF Morgan is happy to stay as third choice it would be great to still have him about for one more season.  Really happy with this signing.  Hopefully we look to the future and make sure we have a replacement once needed.  Would like to see a youngish CB come in with the aim of bringing into the team in a couple of years.

The problem with having someone who is in their mid 30s as a back up in the Premier league is that They can very easily become Rusty and if you put them into the team They will not be match fit and  can be a liability And they can become very slow very easily

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'm not so sure it would. 3rd choice can quickly become our starting CB for a pro-longed part of the season, if we have just one injury to Maguire or Evans. 

I think he will probably stay, due to his high wages, but I would feel much more comfortable with him as 4th choice and we sign another CB.

A legend yes, but on a rapid decline now and doesn't suit this new style of play at all. 3rd choice would concern me. 

• Like 3

Absolute steal at £3.5million. That also in two instalments lol

Upgrade on what we have already with plenty of experience. Him and Maguire could become a solid unit at the back, something we've been lacking over the past couple of seasons.

22 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I hate all the piss-taking / bile aimed at Wes. The guy is an absolute club legend and deserves a lot more respect. Those people ripping him over his weight and / or calling for him to be binned off immediately should have a word with themselves.

Not saying he's beyond criticism, not saying he's worthy of a starting place- I'm saying people shouldn't be so dismissive of one of our best ever signings. Some people have incredibly short memories.

100% with you on this. Its time to move on for the first 11, but, our Premiership winning captain (and he was an absolute monster that season) deserves our respect always.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I hate all the piss-taking / bile aimed at Wes. The guy is an absolute club legend and deserves a lot more respect. Those people ripping him over his weight and / or calling for him to be binned off immediately should have a word with themselves.

Not saying he's beyond criticism, not saying he's worthy of a starting place- I'm saying people shouldn't be so dismissive of one of our best ever signings. Some people have incredibly short memories.

:appl:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

So we'll be playing our full/wing backs on the wrong flanks?

Yeah, I planned to put Kasper under the line of defence then realised that, that is ridiculous so put him before but forgot to swap the fullbacks..... It's a fuching nightmare.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I don't want him close to playing first eleven football if he was happy to be 4th choice I'd be happier.

55 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

And players have incredibly short careers, his unfortunately is coming to a close. Thank hi for all he's achieved with the club but you can't be sentimental.

40 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'm not so sure it would. 3rd choice can quickly become our starting CB for a pro-longed part of the season, if we have just one injury to Maguire or Evans. 

I think he will probably stay, due to his high wages, but I would feel much more comfortable with him as 4th choice and we sign another CB.

A legend yes, but on a rapid decline now and doesn't suit this new style of play at all. 3rd choice would concern me. 

Spot on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Very shrewd signing. So far we look to have done some great business this summer. As important though, IMO, is to offload some of the shite.

This is exactly what i thought earlier, we haven't got rid of anyone yet have we? Not really seen many 'rumours' of any of our players we want rid of being scouted. Perhaps Slim and then the dubious link with Shinji. 

Would be great if we could at least unload a couple... Mainly M&M .. (Musa and Mendy) these 2 do not leave a sweet taste in your mouth :S 

(dont want Shinji to go, would rather it be Ulloa tbh)

Edited by Suzie the Fox
shinji part
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

True although in my opinion Huth was a better signing, and actually made Morgan a better player.

• Like 1

l was abit sceptical of Evans cos he really wanted to go to Man City, but considering we had a offer of 23m rejected last summer, I think we must have the deal of the century!