Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Evans

People slagging off Wes should remember how formidable him and Huth were.

Still time waits for no man and the time for change has arrived.

Still like Dragovic as well in a back three but can't see this happening.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO

8 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

People slagging of Wes should remember how formidable him and Huth were.

Still time waits for no man and the time for change has arrived.

Still like Dragovic as well in a back three but can't see this happening.

I wouldn’t kick any of our title winning team out. For me, they could all see out their contracts, be part of the first 11, in some cases, or be on the bench. They all earned that right imo.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I wouldn’t kick any of our title winning team out. For me, they could all see out their contracts, be part of the first 11, in some cases, or be on the bench. They all earned that right imo.

That said, Wes’ legs appear to be going, so it’s bench for him.

10 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Sky Sports are reporting we're paying the £3.5m fee in two installments...

Are we taking the piss or what?! lollol

It has to be clause related. IE the relegation clause is activated for 1.5m with the remainder due 12 months later. 

Either way it does seem like a complete piss take!

8 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Sky Sports are reporting we're paying the £3.5m fee in two installments...

Are we taking the piss or what?! lollol

Believe it or not, it's part of his relegation release clause. It does strike me as a Rudkin move, though. Well, either that or he'd attempt to pay entirely in Freddos.

As I consider this move, what I keep coming back around to thinking about is the price. We've got an awful lot of money in our transfer kitty left to spend, and more £ to (potentially) bring in via sales. We've already addressed two glaring needs, and have done so rather cheaply. Great work by the powers that be.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 2

My wba supporting mate is glad to see the back of him ..says he's slow and always makes a mistake that leads to a goal ,not sure how true but he said he was dropped for quite a few wba games because hegazi and the other lad were simply much much better ...although they went down which he blamed on poor strikers and rondon who they see as our akinbiyi ??

1 minute ago, dorsetboy said:

My wba supporting mate is glad to see the back of him ..says he's slow and always makes a mistake that leads to a goal ,not sure how true but he said he was dropped for quite a few wba games because hegazi and the other lad were simply much much better ...although they went down which he blamed on poor strikers and rondon who they see as our akinbiyi ??

Goes against the general consensus that he was their best player for 2 of the 3 seasons he has been there. Dropped off this season due to having his head turned by City/Arsenal. Think they are being a bit salty..  At 3.5million.. absolute bargain anyway! 

4 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Yet they would not sell him for £20 odd million.

Strange one that, MMMMMMMmmmmmm

On 02/05/2018 at 12:38, STUHILL said:

I think the links to Man City and Arsenal have flattered him some what. He was only going there to be a competent back up or quick fix for them.

Is he overrated right now? Yes. Was he underrated before? Yes.

If he wants regular football, then he would be foolish to go to anyone bigger than ourselves. Perhaps only Everton would be a better place for him right now as they should be on the up next season with a new manager and further investment, and he would still be considered a starter there.

I'd take him as a replacement to Big Wes, but I wouldn't be that bothered if we missed out on him. There are a number of decent CB's we could go after. We have one at the club already in Dragovic. 

Seems like the voice of reason.

But he'll undoubtedly be a upgrade on Morgan.

And in a team of 21 to 24 year olds, having an experienced 30 year old former captain would be great.

• Like 2

Evans and Maguire at CB?  Brilliant news.  If only we were in for Drag too, even with Wes as backup (let's be honest he's getting no younger the legend that he is) we certainly need to sign another CB or do we think we'll be promoting someone from the development squad to the bench next year?  I only caught a few of the U23 games this year so no idea who's been impressing in that area.

• Like 1