Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Wenger out

A Premier League legend for sure. 

22 years is incredible and unbelievable

Shame he didn't make this decision a couple of years ago.

Things just went stale in the end, but he leaves them with a good squad that has clear areas that need change and still a great youth set up.

Will be at PSG in a few months im sure. 

• Like 3

Like him or not he's defined an era of English football history. Some of the football his teams have produced over the years was sensational. 

To go an entire season unbeaten at any point in time is incredible, and I could've watched the likes of Henry and Bergkamp all day long.

I for one will kinda miss the miserable old curmudgeon. 

Tuchel odds on favourite to succeed him? Vieira or Ancelotti maybe?

• Like 4

Some may disagree, but I think the lack of thought that went into their stadium move killed Arsenal.

The football on display at Highbury around the invincible season is the best I've ever seen

They left a compact stadium with an incredibly narrow pitch and moved to a modern style stadium with a much larger pitch.

The system just didn't work as well after the move for me, and it's been going downhill ever since... they're a lot more direct now because they have to be.

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

What a manager he was!  Changed the face of the game in England, and outlasted almost everyone who followed him in.  Time to move on now, I rather hope Arsenal get the next appointment right.  Bergkamp?  Viera?

Are you throwing your hat into the ring, Jon? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Changed the face of the game in England

Indeed he did. In a number of ways. Think back to what the game was like back then.

Off the field, the disciplines he introduced are common place in the modern game. On the field, he changed the way football was played. Such is his legacy. 

Annoyed me massively over the years with his "selective" eyesight but 22 years is absolutely incredible, people harp on about about Man City but that team he moulded around the late 90's, early 00's was something else......deserves one heck of a send off.

Very rare things stand out to me that aren't Leicester related but a couple from Arsene's time, Tony Adams late goal against Everton at Highbury for their first premier league win was one of those "You could not have scripted it any better" moments, and seem to remember an away champions league match against a very decent Inter Milan team and think they ripped them apart 5 or 6 in the end.