Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Wenger out

You'd have to think they won't make the same mistake as United and go down the route of a Moyes style appointment.

I expect to see Ancelotti or the Monaco manager or at least someone of that ilk, but on the other hand the LA Rams, Kroenke's NFL team, appointed a young head coach last year and had their best season for ages, so he might be inclined to down that route.

It will probably depend on how much say Wenger has on who it is.

I've always been a closet fan of Wenger to be honest. It's been sad to see him become a parody figure in recent years, in reality he should have quit a few years ago.

Him going seems an end of an era for the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Arsenal fan TV income has just gone down now

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arsenal Fam TV RIP

Hardly, next season when the next manager isn't Wenger and they aren't challenging again, it will be back to moaning and saying the new manager isn't the right choice ect.

An end to an Era, don't think we'll ever see a manager in charge of a club for similar periods for Wenger and Fergie in the Premier League. Will be weird seeing Arsenal with a manager who isn't Wenger, as he's been the manager longer than I've been alive!  

48 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If Sean Dyche was called Juan Diaz he would probably be linked.

No idea who they should go for given the demands of the fans for attacking, pleasing to watch football.

Dyche is on the list at most bookies I've looked at.

Can't see them going for him with his style of play though.

52 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If Sean Dyche was called Juan Diaz he would probably be linked.

No idea who they should go for given the demands of the fans for attacking, pleasing to watch football.

Sean Dyche wouldn't be on Arsenal's radar. They're after someone who plays that brand of football.

Personally I think Brendan Rodgers would be a great appointment for them, let him have the reigns for another 20 years. Why not?

Edited by AKCJ

I imagine a certain Mr Edward Howe will be putting his application in! 

I guess Arsenal will be looking for someone young and long term, it's not like someone has got to come in and match recent success, finishing top 4 would be seen as an achievement for the new manager and that's doable for most on the shortlist!

If they were looking for someone to steady the ship for a couple of years before someone they have in mind comes in... i'd look no further than Benitez!

Sometimes, he came across as bland and slightly arrogant and his accent in interviews was/still is rather amusing, but when you look at the piece the BBC have put online again:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43834283

there's simply few bad words you can say about Arsène. You can't but like and respect him for what he's achieved.

Look at how well-prepared he came to the press conference back in 1996, how eloquently he spoke, how patient he was with the media. After all, he's a very likable person, rarely throwing tantrums in public, well-mannered, elegant, classy.

22 years at Arsenal is an incredible feat and the amount of top players he could mould in his image and the ones he gave a headstart is sheer endless.

A true professor of football, academic, yet still very tangible. His influence on football and football in England in particular with regards to training and dieting should never be underestimated.

I'd love to see him at least one more title this season, lifting that Europa League trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Hilarious how all the tributes are coming in now, like everybody hasn’t been slating him for 10 years.

Why? He was a fantastic manager some time ago and changed a lot in this country. He's also been too stubborn for his own good and offered nothing for a good few years now. Should have left years ago. 

It's more than possible to praise someone for the work they've done in the past but also want someone new. 

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He built the best side I’ve seen in the PL. Late 90s to about 2005 they were brilliant. But it’s about time he left now.

Agree.

Wenger built the best PL side in my lifetime. Arsenal's football from 1998 to 2004 was absolutely outstanding. Truly phenomenal. It's a shame the game passed him by. Should have left at least 5 years ago. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

Be interesting to know what type of manager they expect, there no longer top four force they used to be. I know some of the fans on the radio the other talking Dyche! doubt that would happen though I wouldn't think he'd be a bad choice for them but he wouldn't be given the time to build them. I don't think some of the big names in football would be interested in that job. I can see them going for likes of Ancelotti, Simeone, mancini all I think will turn them down.

Benitez leaving Newcastle going Arsenal :ph34r:

Edited by Leicesterpool