Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Crystal Palace post match thread 5 - 0

2 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Interview with stringer

Puel not sounding like he thinks he is going just yet, maybe just ignorant!

You reckon, I thought he sounded like he’s a gonna.

Downbeat and spoke like he had lost the dressing room

Are we still gonna have absolute morons defending the manager??

Or saying Iheancho should be starting???

Or saying Gray should be starting??

Absolutely disgraceful game today. If it means Puel getting sacked then I'll take it. How can anyone defend that?

Ndidi had a knock in first half. So let's make two subs at half time with one of them.not being for him....great Puel.

I don't blame Albrighton at all. Isn't a RB. Square peg round hole.

Why haven't we used these last few games to play 352 or similar and go for games??

Puel out. Rudkin out. 

• Like 2

I honestly don’t know anymore.

I’ve been half making excuses for him, only brought in one player, give him the summer to bring in his players, get them playing his way etc but let’s face it we’ve been poor for months. 

I want stability, I don’t want us churning over managers every six months but i’m coming to believe Puel isn’t the man. 

To persist with trying a style of play which is totally undeliverable with the squad you have at your disposal is total madness. 

• Like 1

Just now, peterborofox said:

Are we still gonna have absolute morons defending the manager??

Or saying Iheancho should be starting???

Or saying Gray should be starting??

Absolutely disgraceful game today. If it means Puel getting sacked then I'll take it. How can anyone defend that?

Ndidi had a knock in first half. So let's make two subs at half time with one of them.not being for him....great Puel.

I don't blame Albrighton at all. Isn't a RB. Square peg round hole.

Why haven't we used these last few games to play 352 or similar and go for games??

Puel out. Rudkin out. 

Nacho was our best player in the first half, it was a low bar admittedly, but at least he showed some insight and completed some passing.  I didn't see one person on here agree with his substitution.  Who should start instead?  Shinji has been woeful this season too. 

I don't blame Marc either. He was poor today, that foul was born of his own frustration, but it wasn't a red.  Zaha was not going to get the ball.

Agree that Puel is in BIG trouble. Lot's of the same signs as when Claudio left: Player confusion on the pitch, lack of drive and energy etc, lack of communication with coaching staff  

Just now, Livid said:

I honestly don’t know anymore.

I’ve been half making excuses for him, only brought in one player, give him the summer to bring in his players, get them playing his way etc but let’s face it we’ve been poor for months. 

I want stability, I don’t want us churning over managers every six months but i’m coming to believe Puel isn’t the man. 

To persist with trying a style of play which is totally undeliverable with the squad you have at your disposal is total madness. 

Livid - the point that you have reluctantly come to is the one that a number of us have been saying for weeks - 

You do not just bin the strengths of a side to change a system without the players to do it

You do not keep picking a left back who cannot defend

You do not pick a right winger as a full back

You do not stop closing teams down and utilising the pace that has made us successful

You do not keep messing with a midfield 

You do not pick Hamza ahead of players such as Silva - he is not a prem midfielder and imo is never likely to be

There are so many weaknesses in his actions as well i know for a fact he has no rapport with the players and half of them do not understand him let alone his plans - furthermore despite this belief that certain players have been causing unrest it is not just the experienced ones - a lot of the players throughout the squad have a real lack of affinity to him.....

It has been on the cards for a couple of weeks hence the owners have been sounding out potential candidates but i would imagine they are on red alert now!

• Like 4

Just now, Livid said:

I must admit, I was partly motivated by 'standing by your man'; I didn't want for us to sack yet another manager. Now, I'm really not sure.

IF I was seeing progress then I might be willing to weather the storm but today's performance had no semblance of a team who knew what they were doing. It was disjointed and aimless. I came to the conclusion that the players have been wasting their time on the training ground because I saw nothing that looked like a game plan. I only saw an attempt the play in the same type of game that we always try. That same style that hasn't effing worked for weeks. And no idea what to do in attack. What is it they say about repeating the same mistake? We must be the easiest team in the league to play against because every man and his sodding dog know what we'll do - and it's toothless.

27 minutes ago, SubaruFox said:

This is very reminiscent of West Brom last season. They were crap for the last few months of it after realising they were safe. Their form carried over to this season and look where they are now. 

My Baggies-supporting mate just texted me exactly the same opinion.

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Livid - the point that you have reluctantly come to is the one that a number of us have been saying for weeks - 

You do not just bin the strengths of a side to change a system without the players to do it

You do not keep picking a left back who cannot defend

You do not pick a right winger as a full back

You do not stop closing teams down and utilising the pace that has made us successful

You do not keep messing with a midfield 

You do not pick Hamza ahead of players such as Silva - he is not a prem midfielder and imo is never likely to be

There are so many weaknesses in his actions as well i know for a fact he has no rapport with the players and half of them do not understand him let alone his plans - furthermore despite this belief that certain players have been causing unrest it is not just the experienced ones - a lot of the players throughout the squad have a real lack of affinity to him.....

It has been on the cards for a couple of weeks hence the owners have been sounding out potential candidates but i would imagine they are on red alert now!

Agreed. 

Except to some of us it’s been on the cards for months not weeks.

He was never the man, and he’s proven that for all to see all by himself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When N'Didi got injured I wondered if he was faking it because he just wanted to get off the pitch?

It’s bad when we are thinking that isn’t it lol we are a joke of a club at the minute.