Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Crystal Palace post match thread 5 - 0

16 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Found Dances with Wolves on 5 now. Think I'll give that a go for 10 minutes

Bugger, missed our game, safe to come out from behind the sofa now

One of the best Sunday afternoon sit and doss films ever, as well as the dambusters and the quite man

36 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Don't say that...they're two of the ones who care the most about this club and our fans, I feel.

I think they are both honest lads. But after yesterday I couldn't blame them. They are gonna go to the WC and spend weeks with the lads from bigger clubs. Could you blame them for thinking about it.

34 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't think that's very likely. Maguire's been here less than a year, there's little chance he's being sold unless someone offers a fortune. Vardy I feel made his mind up when rejecting Arsenal to end his career (at least in his prime) here.

Someone may well offer that fortune tho. Vardy may fancy 1 more move although I would think it's less likely in his case.

24 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Well that's it then they're gone. Just like Mahrez when he first asked for a move:rolleyes:

We all know if the money was right Mahrez would have got his move.

Why would they stay when it seems our club has gone a little bit basket case at the minute. I've not said they will. But I bet after yesterday it will have crossed their minds. Unless the owners act.

If someone comes in with an offer for Vardy he'll be gone or he'll desperately want to imo.

Certainly if Puel is still here.

I've always argued Vardy wouldn't be as good or 'fit' other clubs but this style is suffocating him, he must be so pissed off, it's frustrating to watch, I can't imagine how frustrated he actually is, his goalscoring record of late is genuinely amazing feeding of the scraps he does.

It's like watching him for England, playing everywhere expect where he's supposed to be, struggling for service and no-one passing to him.

I'm not sure if this is true or whether someone was exaggerating it yesterday (Although it's believable in this style) but someone told me he got passed to 5 times yesterday, amazing.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

If someone comes in with an offer for Vardy he'll be gone or he'll desperately want to imo.

I've always argued Vardy wouldn't be as good or 'fit' other clubs but this style is suffocating him, he must be so pissed off, it's frustrating to watch, I can't imagine how frustrated he actually is, his goalscoring record of late is genuinely amazing feeding of the scraps he does.

It's like watching him for England, playing everywhere expect where he's supposed to be, struggling for service and no-one passing to him.

I'm not sure if this is true or whether someone was exaggerating it yesterday (Although it's believable in this style) but I someone told me he got passed to 5 times yesterday, amazing.

I don’t know about passes to him but Vardy himself made 5 passes 

he also only had 9 touches of the ball 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I don’t know about passes to him but Vardy himself made 5 passes 

he also only had 9 touches of the ball 

Right, maybe I did hear it or was told wrong then.

Even so sums up how much he was involved in the game, for those stats alone sums up how much he was (Or wasn't) passed to.

Suffocated and ineffective style for him.

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways.

Edited by Matt

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not sure if this is true or whether someone was exaggerating it yesterday (Although it's believable in this style) but I someone told me he got passed to 5 times yesterday, amazing.

He had 5 passes made to him yes it's on Mike McCarthys Twitter with the pass map.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right, maybe I did hear it or was told wrong then.

Even so sums up how much he was involved in the game, for those stats alone sums up how much he was (Or wasn't) passed to.

Suffocated and ineffective style for him.

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways.

Agreed, at the opposite end of the chart Chillwell had 83 touches 51 passes, Maguire 74 touches 62 passes 

apart from Mahrez that’s twice as many as any other midfielder did

Probably mentioned already but I am certain a fully firing Vardy would have clattered the keeper or scored with that back pass. He didn’t go all out as we’d expect him to. Either not fired up or focusing on the World Cup?

5 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

Probably mentioned already but I am certain a fully firing Vardy would have clattered the keeper or scored with that back pass. He didn’t go all out as we’d expect him to. Either not fired up or focusing on the World Cup?

I was really surprised at the time that he didn't get there. It struck me as one he'd definitely have scored a year or two ago, whether that's down to him being a bit slower or not fully arsed I don't know

Somebody brought this up on Facebook:

Morgan is our team captain.

Yet why don't we see more of him in the media? Why isn't he chosen to represent the team in post-match interviews, for example?

It's been eerily quiet on that front...

49 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Somebody brought this up on Facebook:

Morgan is our team captain.

Yet why don't we see more of him in the media? Why isn't he chosen to represent the team in post-match interviews, for example?

It's been eerily quiet on that front...

There were times when his body language at Palace was simply awful. Hands on hips. Stood there. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My two favourite moments of the match were when some fans attempted to chant ‘Puel Out’ before realising there wasn’t enough syllables for it work and one fan’s absolute rage at some people singing ‘One Nigel Pearson’

My favourite moment was  before the match when a tower of glasses was built on the table at the Flore Sands not as good or high as the one at Norwich a couple of seasons ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

If it’s hamstring as feared his season is over but suppose we won’t know till the press conference 

Hope it's not serious.

At this rate, King may well be recalled..