Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Crystal Palace post match thread 5 - 0

1 minute ago, possiblygeorge said:

It's almost 2am here. I'm going to stay in bed and listen to yet another post match managerial meltdown on BBC radio leicester for the third time in however months it's been. Bring on the lols.

It's 2am here too. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I wanted to Puel time....but this isn't just ONE game. It's a trend. And his team selection was absolutely daft which was proven by the substitutions. And ultimately it's best to get a new manager in and start afresh over the summer. 

An opinion from the “Puel in” chief cheerleader: pretty disgusted that he walked straight off. I can forgive building and not having current players on side. But to not at least attempt an apology after that is a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

It's 2am here too. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I wanted to Puel time....but this isn't just ONE game. It's a trend. And his team selection was absolutely daft which was proven by the substitutions. And ultimately it's best to get a new manager in and start afresh over the summer. 

Glad I'm not the only one lol

The calls for Puel to get sacked seem a lot more transparent then the former ones of Ranieri and Shakespeare. 

Unbelievable how many heads turned by the 20' minute today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

5-0 against a really shit side could be a god send. The owners might start thinking about sacking the dullest most uninspiring  manager ever to grace the prem. I’d prefer Mick MacArthy  to this twat, and that’s scrapping the barrel.

We rarely play well against Palace and they were good today. No matter how shit we were, they would've still given us a close game had we been in form on today's evidence.

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Could it be any worse?

I'm struggling to see how. That was regression. After trying to see the positives in where the Puel generation might be heading, I'm coming to the conclusion that he doesn't really know. What are we doing on the training ground? We looked amateurish today. 

Palace are not that good. We were just, well, not even Championship standard.

It’s a very sad day.

The euphoria of winning the league, the Champions League journey and a chance to build a solid foundation for years to come.

Instead we’ve wasted £200 million+ on dross and quite honestly relegation fodder for next season.

Such a wasted opportunity ?

• Like 1

Drop everyone of these clowns who are taking the piss, and can’t be arsed, and clearly have an agenda.

Give the kids a go from now until the end of the season, and get rid of the ??? in the summer, as when puel is sacked, they will rule the roost again, and when the next manager comes in, the will suffer the same fate as the great Claudio, Shakespeare and puel.

The U23 have had a great season, reward it, at least we will see players giving their all, and something to prove 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dominicmsb said:

Puel is a shambles.

What is Albrighton doing at right back when we have Simpson?

Totally agree with you. Simpson is a right back and consistent. Albrighton was having a crap few weeks on the wing so let’s play Him out of position 

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

KS and Albrighton can go. I think they are complicit in the player power issues. Only keeping Vardy because he can change a game for us - but he is complicit in it all too. 

We need the players to play as a unit, and that means allowing new players in, accepting new ideas of how to do things, and not forcing out managers every few months.

The managers also need to not allow it. NP let them become a tight group, but you know he wouldn't stand for any of their bollocks either.

I ... like dj barry Hammond. .. believe we dont need huge changes... just different modes of plsy.  Sure one or two are past sellby date... and one or two may have to go to show who's boss.  We now need to decide what type of team we want to be and then id the right guy and prize him out of his current job (not the job centre)

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This game was another level to the last 3 or 4. There were positives in those games, this was one o the worst games I've ever watched.

Really? I genuinely mean that.

Regardless did the postives (Which as I said I genuinely could see any) outweigh the negatives?

You're more than entitled to an opinion, but I just don't understand how people have stuck up for him so much then it's took 1 match (Albeit as you say one of the worst games you've ever watched) to turn you.

If you've stuck up for him so stubbornly (Perhaps not the right word but I can't think of a better/right one at this moment) for so long and one match has turned you, you must have deep down had doubts for a while now.

Edited by Matt