Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Crystal Palace post match thread 5 - 0

We tried to play with good feeling but we knew their quality. It's important in this moment that we see our quality and we try to get back the good feeling. I am happy because in the first half I saw good quality but after the red card it made things difficult. But we can go forward with good feeling and focus on our quality because this is important, to show the fans our quality with good feeling. 

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Its fcuking freezing all year round in the Toon.

And he looks like he has a penchant for pork pies and lets face it leicestershire make the best.

I reckon he likes a big, greasy parmo, so no chance he'll be leaving the North East any time soon

You know those memers who still call the Leicester players snakes for getting Ranieri the sack?

I finally agree with them. They want to get Puel sacked.

It's time for a clear-out. Of the old guard still playing in that first XI, I can only say with a straight face that Vardy and, at a push, Albrighton (today excepted) deserve to remain at the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Puel, Gray, Silva, Chilwell, Morgan and Mahrez can all get fuched! Either no quality or no endeavour and not good enough if we want to progress. 

We we went backwards after winning the league and I can accept that as we had a team of players playing above their ability. Be we’ve gone further backwards since then through poor buys and a loss of direction.

We don’t know what we’re trying to be anymore. 

Edited by adam95581

1 minute ago, shen said:

We rarely play well against Palace and they were good today. No matter how shit we were, they would've still given us a close game had we been in form on today's evidence.

Yes, if we got beat by one or two to a side that are playing for their survival, but 5-0, no one on earth can excuse that for a side that won the league a couple of years ago.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really? I genuinely mean that.

Regardless did the postives (Which as I said I genuinely could see any) outweigh the negatives?

You're more than entitled to an opinion, but I just don't understand how people have stuck up for him so much then it's took 1 match (Albeit as you say one of the worst games you've ever watched) to turn you.

If you've stuck up for him so stubbornly (Perhaps not the right word but I can't think of a better/right one at this moment) for so long and one match has turned you, you must have deep down had doubts for a while now.

Yeah, we had an amount of chances in the other games (whether 1 or 2 or whatever), this was absolutely shambolic from start to finish. It';s not my opinion that's changed, I'm frankly more angry at the players but the fact is that the manager will be the one to go, and I'm a realist, he'll be gone by the start of next season.

Edited by Beechey

13 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Puel is certainly gone this season but I do hope that some players will join him too. They were embarrassing today.

Sorry? Haven't you got a lecture for us on how stupid we are for not seeing his genius?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Who are "the snakes" and why do they, if they exist, carry so much clout?

I'll ask for the umpteenth time (Which i've still not had an answer to), if there are indeed any snakes why do they keep getting picked? There aren't many options, but there are options.

He should have grew some bollocks weeks ago and stood up to it, that in itself, rightly or wrongly is a sackable offence imo.

Weak management.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

We tried to play with good feeling but we knew their quality. It's important in this moment that we see our quality and we try to get back the good feeling. I am happy because in the first half I saw good quality but after the red card it made things difficult. But we can go forward with good feeling and focus on our quality because this is important, to show the fans our quality with good feeling. 

The only good feeling I got, was in my pants

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Getting new players will not solve the problem. We have several quality players, but they’re hindered by a dreadful ‘style’ of football.

Exactly this, I've been saying about this point for months, we have a very decent squad with plenty of talented players but Puel has turned them into turgid rubbish. 

Our key players in particular have looked short on confidence recently, Vardy has been more isolated, Mahrez has been anonymous, Ndidi defensively does a job but going forward all he does is pass sideways, Albrighton was fantastic a few months back but now he's making mistakes again.

The manager is to blame for that, not the players, it's been evident for a while that none of our players suit his methods.