Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Crystal Palace post match thread 5 - 0

This is very reminiscent of West Brom last season. They were crap for the last few months of it after realising they were safe. Their form carried over to this season and look where they are now. 

I can see it happening to us if this carries on. I genuinely can't see us getting another win this season. 

Where do we go from here? Manager failed on every aspect today and the players must shoulder responsibility for a complete lack of effort. 

Feel like it's time for a big clear out, the owners need to try and stop the rot before it sets in anymore than it already has.

Forget stadium expansions etc. We'll be back in the championship if they aren't careful 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

You know those memers who still call the Leicester players snakes for getting Ranieri the sack?

I finally agree with them. They want to get Puel sacked.

It's time for a clear-out. Of the old guard still playing in that first XI, I can only say with a straight face that Vardy and, at a push, Albrighton (today excepted) deserve to remain at the club.

What "snakes"? Did you forget how well we played under Puel at the start of his tenure? Five wins, two draws out of his first eight matches!

I'd like to think that Mahrez and his antics fvcked it up big time in January. Ever since then, he's no longer been in games for most part, only showing his quality in increments.

That didn't help Puel.

HOWEVER, Puel has been praised for being able to handle "difficult characters" (see Ben Arfa), and Mahrez speaks the same mother tongue. Yet Puel brings him back in his first game upon Mahrez' return from his strike and has failed to motivate him ever since. What does that tell you about his qualities?

Puel is a good manager, but frankly out of his depth in the Premier League. All his past success took place in France and he's never made the slightest of hints that he's trying to improve his language/communication skills. He failed to connect at Southampton, partly down to his rigid system, and he continues to fail right here, right now.

Edited by MC Prussian

The fact that a lot of fans expected this result before today sums everything up.  Continuing with Puel and taking this form into next season guarantees us a relegation fight IMO.

He has to go and he has to go tonight.  No reason to wait until the end of the season.  

Dyche or Howe in now for me.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

The fact that a lot of fans expected this result before today sums everything up.  Continuing with Puel and taking this form into next season guarantees us a relegation fight IMO.

He has to go and he has to go tonight.  No reason to wait until the end of the season.  

Dyche or Howe in now for me.

Dyche won't leave a club in 7th place, playing Europa League next season for us, a club in straight downfall, destined for 10th/11th spot and with serious troubles on the wall going into next season, unless we manage to perform a miracle over the summer.

Howe... Maybe.

1 minute ago, LestaAl said:

Interview with stringer

Puel not sounding like he thinks he is going just yet, maybe just ignorant!

To be fair stringer has somehow stayed in a job he's useless at so could get some pointers

Edited by ARTY_FOX