Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

• 6 months later...

Leicester reportedly eye Sousa as potential Puel replacement

Leicester City are reportedly eyeing former Fiorentina manager Paulo Sousa as a potential replacement for Claude Puel.

According to claims from Italian news outlet Calciomercato.it, the Foxes are contemplating a change in management at the club, with the Portuguese boss lined up as an option.

Current Leicester manager Puel has often seen his future at the King Power Stadium come under scrutiny, with the team suffering from inconsistency since his arrival at the club.

It’s been a mixed season for the Foxes but they are currently comfortably sat in the middle of the Premier League table in 10th place.

Nevertheless, speculation has still surrounded Puel’s position as the first-team manager, with Sousa the latest name to be touted as an alternative to the Frenchman.

The 48-year-old is currently out of work but was last in charge of Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian.

Sousa, who was a Portugal international during his playing days, has experience of managing in English football following ventures with QPR and Swansea City respectively in the past.

https://readleicester.com/2018/11/26/leicester-reportedly-eye-sousa-as-potential-puel-replacement/

Didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, thought there were better threads to post it in but they're closed.

I'm not posting this to cause argument, debate, upset or offence to anyone, merely posting because I find it slightly amusing if i'm honest.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, thought there were better threads to post it in but they're closed, I'm not posting this to cause argument, debate or upset anyone, merely posting because I find it slightly amusing if i'm honest.

Unbelievable isn’t it? Great find ? 

Not sure if I believe it, probably don’t want to.

But at least we’ve got players who are good on the ball now. The likes of Maguire and Iborra are miles ahead of what we had when he was last here.

Always find it disrespectful to talk about a potential manager when there’s a current manager in charge.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But at least we’ve got players who are good on the ball now. The likes of Maguire and Iborra are miles ahead of what we had when he was last here.

Always find it disrespectful to talk about a potential manager when there’s a current manager in charge.

So do i

It’s blatantly disrespectful and must put the current manager under immense pressure.

The managerial merry go round is a bloody farce anyway. At this rate, we’ll sack Puel and get Paul Lambert in

:nigel:

I'm not sure if Ruskin and Wheelan get advice from good footballing sources

There seems to be a reluctance to go for anyone still at a club. I do think quality recruitment is an issue.

I know it's an immensely difficult time but we do need to press on. Puel in no way fits the bill. His disjointed planning with no real plan b just doesn't suit so many talented players at the club. I would certainly include Vardy here .

55 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Jack Hobbs passing out from the back :wub:

Rafael Benítez after all the bloke has won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.  He galvanises average players into a team and is tactical enough to know when to shut the front door and when to throw caution to the wind ... besides ... who the hell else, in reality who is there out there that’s really that good?