Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

All you people saying Pearson , do you seriously think that he can take us to the next level of being a top six team . Don’t get me wrong he was a brilliant manager for us but there is no way he’d make us top six he just isn’t tactically estute enough . To me it would just be a huge lack of ambition because with Pearson back we would basically be excepting we are a mid to lower table team  . I think some people also have very short memories as some of the football was awefull at times and decision making baffling add to this having no plan b what so ever . 

No matter whoever comes here, Leicester will be struggling for a PL place next season, after all the wreck done to the club. Don't be surprised if they turn to Pearson as a last resort to save us from relegation at some stage.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

Of the two realistic options I can see, I'd go for Allardyce over Silva.

That'd go down like a fart in a lift on here

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, progmusfreak said:

No matter whoever comes here, Leicester will be struggling for a PL place next season, after all the wreck done to the club. Don't be surprised if they turn to Pearson as a last resort to save us from relegation at some stage.

If that’s the case then that’s the case but that’s a completely different circumstance that’s stopping the club getting relegated and using him as a last resort not getting him in as first choice to try and push for top six which the owners have already publicly stated is where they want to be . 

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If that’s the case then that’s the case but that’s a completely different circumstance that’s stopping the club getting relegated and using him as a last resort not getting him in as first choice to try and push for top six which the owners have already publicly stated is where they want to be . 

he had one year with a team that had just came up from the Championship, plus we was in almost every game that season and playing some good stuff and coming away from games unlucky... who's to say where he could have finished the season after..

he didn't get sacked because of performances more so behaviour of his son and his handling with the press was maybe a slight concern but nothing that would encourage a sacking.

its a tough one though but you know what you get

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

A merry-go-round? You can't be serious.

There may well be better candidates emerging over the summer that we've never heard of. But at the moment those are the only two I can see who would take the job here. 

Some may disagree, but unfortunately survival is my priority next season. I think we will be in real danger.

42 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Ironically, I think he’s who we would have hired had we not gone with Shakespear permanently. If I remember correctly, you didn’t fancy Shakey full time towards the end of last season did you? (I didn’t either)

I wasn't sure about him but thought he deserved a shot to be fair, still think he was a tad hard done by when you look at who we payed during his games. 

36 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Nahh.. he'd just get thrown under the bus as soon as he started making changes...

He seemed to play a counter attacking style at Hull. Think he might actually manage to blend the counter attacking football that people like, with a bit more passing to appease those who think we should adapt our style from just that. 

I've been saying Dyche for what seems about 5 years now, keeps proving himself. But his style this season hasn't particularly endeared him to me. 

• Like 1

Personally, I’d take Allardyce as our new manager, but I know lots of others that wouldn’t.

Dyche won’t move now, not with a shot at Europe with Burnley.

Rafa won’t come, his stock is Sky high at Newcastle, enough to have Ashley and the fans eating out of his hand.

Wagner could be worth a shout, he may feel that keeping Huddersfield up is the most he can get out of the club.

Realistically, I’d also take Silva or  Jokanovic (assuming Fulham don’t go up, and we could convince him).

I’d also be part of the Pearson in brigade, but I don’t think that will happen for a third time.

Unfortunately, the negative side of me looks at people like Pardew, Bilic, Rowett, de boer, and says that those names will come to the fore.....

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I wasn't sure about him but thought he deserved a shot to be fair, still think he was a tad hard done by when you look at who we payed during his games. 

They were tough games - and I was surprised how well we showed in the opening game against Arsenal. But he wasn’t the answer, never appoint on sentiment (even if it’s hard not too).

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

if the owners priorities are to truly be team challenging the top 6, whoever if anyone comes in next; almost certainly needs to be a big name, Ranieri-esque kinda credibility

We will not be challenging the top 6 unless they put in a huge amount of cash, it's about time someone spelt that out to them if they don't realise it. 

• Like 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

They were tough games - and I was surprised how well we showed in the opening game against Arsenal. But he wasn’t the answer, never appoint on sentiment (even if it’s hard not too).

Certainly wasn't a long term option, seemed like a tread water option for a couple of seasons. 

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

Let's get Claudio back.

The second coming.

The current shite football isn't even as bad as the last few months under Ranieri.

The Ranieri chant got an airing twice today. Both times we conceded literally seconds afterwards. Same thing happened at Liverpool last season. I reckon the players still have PTSD from his reign. If he comes back we'll lose about 10-0.

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he had one year with a team that had just came up from the Championship, plus we was in almost every game that season and playing some good stuff and coming away from games unlucky... who's to say where he could have finished the season after..

he didn't get sacked because of performances more so behaviour of his son and his handling with the press was maybe a slight concern but nothing that would encourage a sacking.

its a tough one though but you know what you get

Yep you know what you get and as good as he’s been for us I just don’t think he’d get us where the owners now want us to be . Also if all the stories were true it was Esteban behind the great escape and not out Nige 

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

if the owners priorities are to truly be team challenging the top 6, whoever if anyone comes in next; almost certainly needs to be a big name, Ranieri-esque kinda credibility

Spurs have been in the top 6 with a previously unknown manager - Pochettino

Borussia Dortumd got into the top 6 consistently with an unknown - Jurgen Klopp

Atletico Madrid also got into the big time with an unknown - Diego Simeone

We've had a big name in Sven.Look where it got us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We will not be challenging the top 6 unless they put in a huge amount of cash, it's about time someone spelt that out to them if they don't realise it. 

I agree, especially with the timeline they quoted us as well; its unfair to give the fans such expectations....

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Spurs have been in the top 6 with a previously unknown manager - Pochettino

Borussia Dortumd got into the top 6 consistently with an unknown - Jurgen Klopp

Atletico Madrid also got into the big time with an unknown - Diego Simeone

We've had a big name in Sven.Look where it got us

Admittedly I've missed out the fact we need to spend a feck load aswell. Although with respect to those managers they were at relatively big clubs with better resources than ourselves.

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

There may well be better candidates emerging over the summer that we've never heard of. But at the moment those are the only two I can see who would take the job here. 

Some may disagree, but unfortunately survival is my priority next season. I think we will be in real danger.

I share your concerns for the next season and am massively worried about Maguire and Ndidi if we don't get the manager transition right. But getting Allardyce is just shifting the problem to the next season and if people thought Puel's football was boring, they'll be in for a treat with Fat Sam.

Edited by ZeGuy

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yep you know what you get and as good as he’s been for us I just don’t think he’d get us where the owners now want us to be . Also if all the stories were true it was Esteban behind the great escape and not out Nige 

well we are going backwards now I don't think that was the case when NP was here, regarding Esteban... I don't buy it he played a part but I don't think he was 'behind' it