Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I share your concerns for the next season and am massively worried about Maguire and Ndidi if we don't get the manager transition right. But getting Allardyce is just shifting the problem to the next season and if people thought Puel's football was boring, they'll be in for a treat with Fat Sam.

I am not remotely worried about Vardy, Maguire or Ndidi leaving regardless of the managerial situation. Our owners are smarter than that, they won't sell our core especially not with all the uncertainty. It will be Mahrez leaving (either in body or in mind) that will sink us. We're currently being shown a preview of what that looks like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I am not remotely worried about Vardy, Maguire or Ndidi leaving regardless of the managerial situation. Our owners are smarter than that, they won't sell our core especially not with all the uncertainty. It will be Mahrez leaving (either in body or in mind) that will sink us. We're currently being shown a preview of what that looks like.

I don't know if they'll want to stay, the Mahrez case proved that a want out player will under perform. It's also a WC year and if they perform well they'll gain even more attention. Mahrez could be very well sticking next season after the pathetic display of the last 4-5 games. Unless he's already got his move.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

well we are going backwards now I don't think that was the case when NP was here, regarding Esteban... I don't buy it he played a part but I don't think he was 'behind' it

But does that make him the best candidate,  as good as he has been for us hes not in my eyes . And I did say stories as I take everything I hear with a pinch of salt . 

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't know if they'll want to stay, the Mahrez case proved that a want out player will under perform. It's also a WC year and if they perform well they'll gain even more attention. Mahrez could be very well sticking next season after the pathetic display of the last 4-5 games. Unless he's already got his move.

Doesn't matter if they want to stay, we've proven with Ulloa and Mahrez that if we want them to stay then they will. And neither Maguire or Ndidi would do any media antics to push for moves like what those two did.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

Doesn't matter if they want to stay, we've proven with Ulloa and Mahrez that if we want them to stay then they will. And neither Maguire or Ndidi would do any media antics to push for moves like what those two did.

Let's hope you're right. Boy, that went fast, from aiming at a european spot to preparing to an eventual relegation battle the next season.

23 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Marco Silva - Out of work and he’s a good manager. He’d get us playing good football and with a budget could attract some quality.

But say we do well - as soon as a bigger job became available and he was targeted, he would down tools ...........

players have seen what happened at Watford. How could he demand loyalty from any players? 

The trouble with Silva is that we need a long term manager to oversee a squad rebuild. According to transfermarkt his average tenure is 1.15 years so his contract needs to be tightly written to avoid the f ucker trying to wiggle out if there's a sniff there's a bigger club interested. He needs to rebuild his career so perhaps it makes sense.

32 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Marco Silva - Out of work and he’s a good manager. He’d get us playing good football and with a budget could attract some quality.

We could do worse for sure

Eddie Howe anyone?

Neil Lennon outside shot?

Mavis the tea lady is a dark horse aswell

:D

Needs to be someone fearless. Claude has shown by returning Morgan to the side that he will bottle decisions for the good of the team based on nothing but an armband and trust.

Pearson has a track record of getting the dressing room back in shape but at the same time he refused to drop Morgan in the whole 14-15 season when he was diabolical, so he may be the same.

I think we're a level below the likes of Nagelsmann but I wonder if someone like Niko Kovac is achievable. Done well at Frankfurt, young and certainly not one you'd mess with.

20 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The trouble with Silva is that we need a long term manager to oversee a squad rebuild. According to transfermarkt his average tenure is 1.15 years so his contract needs to be tightly written to avoid the f ucker trying to wiggle out if there's a sniff there's a bigger club interested. He needs to rebuild his career so perhaps it makes sense.

Hang on... WE’RE MASSIVE! 

2 minutes ago, tomlcfc said:

Needs to be someone fearless. Claude has shown by returning Morgan to the side that he will bottle decisions for the good of the team based on nothing but an armband and trust.

Pearson has a track record of getting the dressing room back in shape but at the same time he refused to drop Morgan in the whole 14-15 season when he was diabolical, so he may be the same.

I think we're a level below the likes of Nagelsmann but I wonder if someone like Niko Kovac is achievable. Done well at Frankfurt, young and certainly not one you'd mess with.

Going to Bayern Munich next season.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Sean Dyche. We need to go back to basics and the foundations that we built success on. That includes team spirit with the right personalities, careful recruitment, hard work and organisation. I think it's pure snobbery to overlook him. 

He is the obvious choice. And I think he would come - family shit and all that.

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Sean Dyche. We need to go back to basics and the foundations that we built success on. That includes team spirit with the right personalities, careful recruitment, hard work and organisation. I think it's pure snobbery to overlook him. 

It's pure snobbery to think we can take him off Burnley.