Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

Just now, brucey said:

It's pure snobbery to think we can take him off Burnley.

Exactly. We wouldnt have taken kindly to people saying Pearson had taken us as far as we can in 2015 if another club came in.

I'm no fan of Dyche but he has done a very good job at a club he is very comfortable with. Playing in Europe for a club of Burnley's size is not something you can walk away from easily. Going to us seems like a step backwards right now.

Given how we overran them in the second half back in December its highly impressive what he's achieved. And more damning of how far we have fallen.

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

It's pure snobbery to think we can take him off Burnley.

I agree - but he has a reason to come here outside of football. It's pure snobbery to think we'll get any sort of decent manager (that I've heard of) with our sacking record.

46 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

Nigel Pearson

Rafa Benitez

Deigo Simione

Cammbiasso

Patrick Viera

Benitez won’t come, he’s loved in Newcastle now by the fans and the owner.

He can manipulate Ashley now.

Simeone? Ha! No chance! More chance of going to Arsenal than us! (And that won’t happen either!).

Cambiasso? It’s a good story, but that’s about all.

Vieira? He’d come, but I honestly think he’d struggle. Needs more experience.

Pearson? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, no chance of a third stint.

I've seen people lambast Puel for the football not being "sexy" enough. How long would it take people to get on Dyche's back when his brand of pragmatism got employed?

I'd like Lucien Favre. Failing that I'm not sure

Marco Silva is going back to Portugal isn't he?

Chris Hughton would be a realistic one I'd be interested in

The most unlikely of people 'click' with a club. We were delighted at the appointments of Pleat, Levein, Allen, Holloway, Sousa and Sven. Miffed by Little, Pearson (both times) and Ranieri.

The thin possibility of the Pearson-Walsh-Shakespeare reunion is out there. Those who dismiss the idea seem to do so because (i) we've been there before (yes we have and it worked, twice) (ii) Cambiasso was the one who kept us up (no he wasn't) (iii) Pearson is a nasty man, (iv) Every so often we went on a run of poor form and (v) He won't get us into the top six (based on what? other than the fact that it's an unrealistic expectation anyway).

I think if you'd told us in 2008 that over a total of five and half years in charge he'd take us up two leagues, keep us up and begin a run of form which would end in us winning the title a year after his exit, with a set of players that he assembled on a shoestring budget, and most of the management team that he appointed still in place, then we'd have forgiven him a few quirks.

Other than that, I'd be surprised if we could persuade Benitez but there's no harm in trying. Wagner may have his head turned and Jokanovic is an outside shout (also has strong connections to the Thai league, if that counts for anything). People will mention Dyche and Howe of course. I have doubts about Silva but his style of play might suit us. I'd perhaps tend towards one of these names ahead of the 'dream team reunion', simply because I wonder how much of the old fire remains in Pearson's belly, and whether the board are as willing to persist with a manager as they have been in the past.

The key thing, I believe, is that the new man hits the ground running, much like Little did when he arrived in 1991. I don't think we can give someone time to assess all of their options, they're going to have to act decisively before we've even kicked a ball.

• Like 3

Marco Silva ticks the box of being both a good coach and a realistic option. But is he tough enough to get rid of the shite that needs getting rid of?

He's my instinctive thought but I can't help but think it'd go wrong under him as well.

Rudkin HAS to go. Anyone who tries to defend him now is lying to themselves.

Our board have a chance now to show some real intent, other clubs do not care about ruffling some feathers.The money we have wasted on bang average players ie Musa, Slimani if we show decent managers that sort of money to come here I’m sure some would be tempted.If the club want to move be a next level club we need a proven manager at that level.

I like Eddie Howe but would be a bit of a gamble, a move for Rafa would show some real intent.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Marco Silva ticks the box of being both a good coach and a realistic option. But is he tough enough to get rid of the shite that needs getting rid of?

He's my instinctive thought but I can't help but think it'd go wrong under him as well.

Rudkin HAS to go. Anyone who tries to defend him now is lying to themselves.

Why does he have to go now? Puel has done his main job to get us safe early, hardly Rudkin’s fault how it’s turned out the last couple of months 

I think Brendan Rodgers would be the most progressive appointment. He is an upgrade on Puel for playing style, has a lot to prove still in England and from what you see from players he seems an excellent man manager. Would he come though, I think he might? We owe Celtic one for taking MON from us ! 

13 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Why does he have to go now? Puel has done his main job to get us safe early, hardly Rudkin’s fault how it’s turned out the last couple of months 

Failing the last 2 (3) managers in the transfer windows with inept dealings, history suggests it'll only happen again this summer.

All of the last 3 managers needed to go but whilst Rudkin (and his team) is still here the merry-go-round will only continue because he'll keep failing them.

I want Puel gone, he needs to go but (and I said this when Shakespeare was sacked/Puel was appointed) it's pointless keep sacking managers while Rudkin is still here.

• Like 1