Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Ryan Giggs.....?

Yes. Let’s take someone to manage us with literally no managerial experience, especially at a time where it’s very likely that player power is a disruptive issue at the club AND at a time where we need a big clear out of the old guard. 

Think about it mi old son.....we need a wily old tough cookie at the moment to shake this fookin lot up and sort the club out. Giggs isn’t that man.

IMO.

Lots of people calling for Silva which I find surprising. Hull eventually went down with a whimper under his management and he got sacked at Watford after a very poor run of results, not just because of his flirtation with Everton. If he’s not good enough for Watford then he’s certainly not good enough for us. 2 attempts and 2 fails at Premier League level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

The person shouts would be fine but most of you wanted him sacked from November to the start of the great escape. So many also credit cambiasso with the change in tactics.

This place is a joke at times.

Not most of us at all actually. Someone dug up a poll from that period and this forum was very firmly behind Pearson.

See the thread where he was "sacked" in February 2015, 90% of people were gutted.

Don't let facts get in the way of a rant, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

I get the impression from Brendan Rogers that he thinks he's better than he is.  In his mind, he rescued Celtic and made them dominant in Scotland.  Only a top job in England is good enough for him.  Avoid.

I'd probably be sick of his 'great character' and 'outstanding' comments after about 3 interviews tbh. Mind you it'd likely mean we were getting good results, so I'd put up with it! :D

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'd go abroad and have a look (the only PL manager I would consider is Howe). 

But I don't trust the club to get it right anyway.

100%. Rudkin probably doesnt know any managers outside of who has managed in the Prem.

• Like 2

In terms of results since he joined would see Everton sitting 5th.  

allardyce doesn't place beautiful football but he sure is effective. 

My main criticism of him is that he rarely builds for the long term, but then, in modern football, which managers genuinely do?

Allardyce as an unpopular but effective left field choice?

genuinely I would take nigel pearson back with a coach that was actually tactically astute. I’m a massive believer in the cult of personality and the ability to organise and get people to follow you, he could do that, do you think we would see absolute trash like this under the nigel?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not most of us at all actually. Someone dug up a poll from that period and this forum was very firmly behind Pearson.

See the thread where he was "sacked" in February 2015, 90% of people were gutted.

Don't let facts get in the way of a rant, though.

Oh so I must have dreamt some of the abuse I got for saying we would stay up. But hey ho you know better

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Oh so I must have dreamt some of the abuse I got for saying we would stay up. But hey ho you know better

Thats not the same thing - we didn’t look like staying up in the sense that we couldn’t keep goals out for toffee until Huth arrived.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

In terms of results since he joined would see Everton sitting 5th.  

allardyce doesn't place beautiful football but he sure is effective. 

My main criticism of him is that he rarely builds for the long term, but then, in modern football, which managers genuinely do?

Allardyce as an unpopular but effective left field choice?

Yeah but this is the worst Everton team for years. Oh, hang on.

• Like 1

Big Sam is fantastic at coming in and repairing sides. His record speaks for itself he is a fantastic manager at creating stable and effective sides. However, he’s not Gucci enough for some of our fans and would be boo’d after his first dropped point. 

Edited by Callabinho
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

the man who built us up to our pinnacle doesn't have a clue, yet Marco Silva is the saviour

If it wasn't for Cambiasso, Pearson would have got us relegated right after taking us up. He was tactically not ul to scratch.

Silva took over Hull in dire circumstances and had no players. He almost kept them up.

Watford were relegation favourites but he took them up to Top 7/8 before the Everton saga.

But yh, Pearson is the saviour. While we're at it, why not get O'Neill back in? He took us to top half finishes. Or Ranieri? He knows these players and surely he can just win the league for us again.

• Like 2