Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

a sexy manager like AVB would do just the job, lets get a good looking bloke at the helm for Christ's sake

AVB a good job would do a decent job, Chelsea was a too big job for him, Spurs did okay, had just a bad run of results and got sacked. 

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I heard someone say earlier that they wouldn't mind wanting Neil Lennon as a replacement.

I know he's quite respected in the SPL with his league results record, but feel it wouldn't be right to appoint him - as, at times, he appears to be like a ticking time-bomb in terms of his next rant against the opposition manager or the referee and thus likely to enforce yet another touchline suspension.

As someone who follows them, I don't think he'd leave Hibs at the moment - especially after he had his fingers burnt before with the Bolton move. He's still a pretty young bloke, they're a superbly run club nowadays with a good young squad, it's the perfect place for him to learn a bit more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

The problem with Silva is that he doesn't like to stay around for very long, not the type of manager you'd put your trust into over a 3-5 year period.

Saying that he is a bloody decent manager though, look how he started at Watford, they were flying and were playing some of the best football in the league, Everton then came sniffing and everything went downhill from there.

A good manager who plays good football; however he isn't the right guy for a long term fix.

I know another manager who started well playing great football before losing his way. He’s called Claude Puel.

5 hours ago, v6rat said:

Anybody that wants Nigel Pearson back is looking through blue tinted spectacles I'm afraid. If he is such a great manager then a club in the championship or higher would have taken him on rather than plying his trade as a manager of a Belgian second division team.

A club in the Championship did hire him actually, but he headbutted the owner for flying drones over his hands on personal training.

Get him back now with Appleton and then see who want's to stroll around the pitch.

• Like 1

Benitez and Rodgers won't come here, we are simply not an attractive proposition. To outsiders looking in, the job looks like a poisoned chalice - title-winning manager sacked, his assistant and replacement sacked early in the season following taking us to the CL quarter-finals and Puel likely sacked after leading us to a top-half finish and two cup quarter finals. 

Now I am aware that, to us, these decisions look reasonable and were/would probably be justified, but it will unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, make others assume that their job is on the line following one poor run of results. 

I don't know who will be the next man in charge, but I am almost certain we will not be able to prise a successful manager (Dyche, Howe, Rafa, Rodgers, etc) from another club. If we do then fair play, I will be delighted, but I just cannot see it happening. 

2 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

You just know that the list will have Allardyce,Pardew & Coleman on it!

Pardew is shit

Coleman is slightly better than shit but only just 

Allardyce is ok but no thanks

please City someone half decent at least this time

no more Puel types thanks

• Like 1

I am in Nigel Pearson camp well kinda, but what I keep reminding myself was that the incident with his son was a non event in terms of his dismissal. You could feel the owners wanted someone else in once we found our footing in the premier league, and to take the club further. Pearson wasn't the man to do it, he did his job got us promoted and ensured we stayed up. They were proved right with the appointment of Ranieri in the end. Rafa is their man right now

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

A club in the Championship did hire him actually, but he headbutted the owner for flying drones over his hands on personal training.

Get him back now with Appleton and then see who want's to stroll around the pitch.

Yes a club in the championship did hire him, then sacked him for headbutting the owner of the club as you say, and you want him back at Leicester? 

Any decent manager with half a brain and an ounce of self-respect should avoid the Leicester job like the plague.

It's obvious that if the players do not want a manager, they just down tools.

It's up to the owners to get rid of these toxic players if they want to attract a decent manager long-term.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Benitez and Rodgers won't come here, we are simply not an attractive proposition. To outsiders looking in, the job looks like a poisoned chalice - title-winning manager sacked, his assistant and replacement sacked early in the season following taking us to the CL quarter-finals and Puel likely sacked after leading us to a top-half finish and two cup quarter finals. 

Now I am aware that, to us, these decisions look reasonable and were/would probably be justified, but it will unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, make others assume that their job is on the line following one poor run of results. 

I don't know who will be the next man in charge, but I am almost certain we will not be able to prise a successful manager (Dyche, Howe, Rafa, Rodgers, etc) from another club. If we do then fair play, I will be delighted, but I just cannot see it happening. 

Yet another completely limited and almost naive  viewpoint. We are ‘simply’ not an attractive proposition? You must know nothing of the world of business - money talks my friend - and as to attractive, we are as much an attractive proposition as most clubs in Europe when the paths of the king power are lined with gold bricks.

If you want success you have to be prepared to lose the sentiment and I’m pretty sure that most managers in PL know that the entire thing is a job merrygoround - so expect it. 

I don’t understand this negative we are a small club punching above our weight bollox?! So many comments willing to except mediocrity. We won the league we have the players and most of all we have the one thing that counts - money! 

Fvck Puel he’s just one man, did a sh1t job so next. We need to push on and look for whoever else will drive us forward, if thats Rafa then so be it. He’s a money man he wants money, we have it to give to him and for him to spend, so why not?! If he wants to stay in the PL then you’ll find no better proposition then Leicester City.