Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

18 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Any decent manager with half a brain and an ounce of self-respect should avoid the Leicester job like the plague.

It's obvious that if the players do not want a manager, they just down tools.

It's up to the owners to get rid of these toxic players if they want to attract a decent manager long-term.

Thanks for sharing 

On 4/28/2018 at 16:44, Sam Casley said:

You've got a point, I think Dyche is the type of manager that wouldn't wanna leave halfway through a season though. If we offered a very good salary (can't be earning much at Burnley) and showed him a long term plan with a great transfer budget who knows. I think he's the best 'realistic' option, who else could we get? Howe? Rafa? Pearson?

"Can't be earning much at Burnley".

Dyche has recently signed a new 5-year deal at £70,000-a-week and set to receive a £10 million bonus if he reaches the Europa League knock-out stage.

The bonus deal will be signed as soon as Everton are out of the equation (the Toffees would need a 15-goal swing in the last two matches:)).

Edited by lancyclaret

On 4/28/2018 at 23:09, tomlcfc said:

Needs to be someone fearless. Claude has shown by returning Morgan to the side that he will bottle decisions for the good of the team based on nothing but an armband and trust.

Pearson has a track record of getting the dressing room back in shape but at the same time he refused to drop Morgan in the whole 14-15 season when he was diabolical, so he may be the same.

I think we're a level below the likes of Nagelsmann but I wonder if someone like Niko Kovac is achievable. Done well at Frankfurt, young and certainly not one you'd mess with.

Didn't really have a great deal to drop him for though in fairness. The alternatives were Wasilewski, Liam Moore and Matt Upson. This instance has been criminal really as we've got the ideal replacement with an option to buy him after a loan, which we may have bodged up in the process.

Pearson did well in the end that year. If you look at our squad then and compare it to now, and compare that disgrace at Palace as well as a number of other displays this season, it's absolutely shocking really.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Yet another completely limited and almost naive  viewpoint. We are ‘simply’ not an attractive proposition? You must know nothing of the world of business - money talks my friend - and as to attractive, we are as much an attractive proposition as most clubs in Europe when the paths of the king power are lined with gold bricks.

If you want success you have to be prepared to lose the sentiment and I’m pretty sure that most managers in PL know that the entire thing is a job merrygoround - so expect it. 

I don’t understand this negative we are a small club punching above our weight bollox?! So many comments willing to except mediocrity. We won the league we have the players and most of all we have the one thing that counts - money! 

Fvck Puel he’s just one man, did a sh1t job so next. We need to push on and look for whoever else will drive us forward, if thats Rafa then so be it. He’s a money man he wants money, we have it to give to him and for him to spend, so why not?! If he wants to stay in the PL then you’ll find no better proposition then Leicester City.

All of the clubs in the Premier League have bags of money, when everyone's earning hundreds of millions from a frankly ridiculous TV deal it doesn't matter what you look to pay, someone else will match it. Rodgers is the only manager we could actually pay for in my opinion, but he will hold out for a top 6 job, with Arsenal, Chelsea and even Spurs potentially becoming available in the not too distant future. Everton too would be preferred to us by most managers.

What makes us so attractive, really? I am fascinated as to why people think we are so high and mighty above other Premier League mid-table clubs. We won the league, great, but that was a one off, it sure as hell isn't going to happen again.

I never said in my post we should settle for mediocrity, and I don't think anyone thinks that we should. But there is a huge difference between being ambitious and just downright unrealistic. I said it would be great if Benitez or Rodgers were to join us, but I just cannot see it happening. 

• Like 1

I suppose a lot of Pearsons team are still here, and im sure theyd love to have him back so its probably not a bad move if it actually does get one or two of them to put in a performance or two.

Gives the players absolutely no excuses anymore either. Pearson will not be blamed by any one for any thing. Hes untouchable. The blame will be firmly put onto the players, which is where is should have been anyway.

10 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Not sure they’re a shambles - they’ve overseen the most successful period in the club’s history . Recruitment hasn’t been perfect but tell me a club’s where it is.  I’d look at the likes of West Brom, Sunderland, Villa are a shambles. 

Funny you mention those. I see them being the way we're heading.

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I suppose a lot of Pearsons team are still here, and im sure theyd love to have him back so its probably not a bad move if it actually does get one or two of them to put in a performance or two.

Gives the players absolutely no excuses anymore either. Pearson will not be blamed by any one for any thing. Hes untouchable. The blame will be firmly put onto the players, which is where is should have been anyway.

Pearson historically is good at getting the bad eggs out. His judge of character is superb.

I'd aim higher than Pearson initially, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if end up regressing further. We're on a downards trajectory as it is.

On 29.4.2018 at 00:09, tomlcfc said:

Needs to be someone fearless. Claude has shown by returning Morgan to the side that he will bottle decisions for the good of the team based on nothing but an armband and trust.

Pearson has a track record of getting the dressing room back in shape but at the same time he refused to drop Morgan in the whole 14-15 season when he was diabolical, so he may be the same.

I think we're a level below the likes of Nagelsmann but I wonder if someone like Niko Kovac is achievable. Done well at Frankfurt, young and certainly not one you'd mess with.

Kovac is bound for Bayern, that‘s been official for a while now.

And judging by his performances this season, no manager in his right mind would persist with Morgan as a regular starting centre-back.

Rafa - seems unlikely to me, but our interest is reported.

Wagner - A good chance the Terriers could go down now after the weekend's results.  They are 3 points off the drop with Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal to play.

Silva - I didn't like the way he left Watford high and dry but undoubtedly talented and plays attractive football.

Emery - Wildcard.  Will leave PSG this year.  Old boss of Sevilla that won 3 Europa Leagues on the trot.  Could be a bit ambititious but money talks.

Pardew - Only joking.

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

wasnt he meant to be taking a break from football or something, last thing i heard he quit his job as manager in the chinese super league to drive in the dakar rally

I thought that he had already taken a break from football when he was manager of Spurs?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, kingfox said:

The problem with Silva is that he doesn't like to stay around for very long, not the type of manager you'd put your trust into over a 3-5 year period.

Saying that he is a bloody decent manager though, look how he started at Watford, they were flying and were playing some of the best football in the league, Everton then came sniffing and everything went downhill from there.

A good manager who plays good football; however he isn't the right guy for a long term fix.

The only problem for me is he’s not been successful at either Hull or Watford. ?

I have heard a rumour this morning that he isn’t going, owners and backroom staff have laid out a two year plan with him, and apparently have already started moving on the player front. I must admit even if we lost every game from now until the summer 5-0. I would not be surprised if he remained. 

11 minutes ago, tiredclimb said:

I really don't understand the calls for David Wagner. What is it about him that is appealing as a manager? 

He is at least the polar opposite of Puel.

He has personality and wants to play a high tempo pressing game as opposed to turgid sideways football.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/05/22/tactical-philosophy-david-wagner/

Has done well taking Huddersfield up and possibly keeping them there on a limited budget.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

wasnt he meant to be taking a break from football or something, last thing i heard he quit his job as manager in the chinese super league to drive in the dakar rally

Exactly the type of nutcase we need.

58 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought that he had already taken a break from football when he was manager of Spurs?

He had a bit of an acrimonious end there but his win ratio at spurs was actually very very good, Chelsea not so.

He was hampered by the fact Levy bought him a load of garbage players like Soldado and Lamela with the Bale money in all.

53 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The only problem for me is he’s not been successful at either Hull or Watford. ?

Watford look like staying up on points he got them before he had his his head turned and getting that Hull side competitive was a big feat in itself.

Wouldn't be my first choice at all but anybody simply looking at the fact Hull went down ignores the fact he still made a difference there.

• Like 2