Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

20 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Watford look like staying up on points he got them before he had his his head turned and getting that Hull side competitive was a big feat in itself.

Wouldn't be my first choice at all but anybody simply looking at the fact Hull went down ignores the fact he still made a difference there.

I think hardly any manager would've kept that Hull side up from the position he took them over in. Silva was the one who gave them a fighting chance. They did fall meekly at the end though with, ironically, a hammering at Palace.

There are reservations about Silva but he plays good football and does get results. I can see him going far.

• Like 1

Villas Boas isn't a bad shout he isn't the greatest manager in the world but for a club of our stature he could take us to the next level. He is still a young buck as well 40 years of age, his premier league win ratio average over Chelsea and Spurs is 51% which is pretty decent, if we cannot get Rafa he would be my next option.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

He is at least the polar opposite of Puel.

He has personality and wants to play a high tempo pressing game as opposed to turgid sideways football.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/05/22/tactical-philosophy-david-wagner/

Has done well taking Huddersfield up and possibly keeping them there on a limited budget.

I don't see his personality coming out anymore than pretty much 85% of current PL managers. I'd always rather get results than feeling entertained from a press conference or see someone shouting their head off on the touchline. 

Huddersfield went up (some how) playing crap football. Can't remember too many teams winning the playoffs after finishing the season on negative goal difference. Teams in that position are almost always on +15/20. I watched those playoffs and it was dire and had a lot to do with their on loan keeper having a very good performance on the penalty shootout.

Sure they have picked up some interesting results like beating Man Utd but so have West Brom. We aren't going to end up with a Klopp 2.0. Also his high tempo pressing game has got Huddersfield 27 goals this season, 22 less then our turgid sideways football. 10 of our 49 goals were scored during Shakespheres run which means we have still scored 39 in 25 under Puel. 

I just personally think we really need to be careful who we wish for. If we are going to bin Puel we need someone that really suits the club and has a much better (clearer) vision and has evidence of actually making it work in previous jobs. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Villas Boas isn't a bad shout he isn't the greatest manager in the world but for a club of our stature he could take us to the next level. He is still a young buck as well 40 years of age, his premier league win ratio average over Chelsea and Spurs is 51% which is pretty decent, if we cannot get Rafa he would be my next option.

Might be to do with him managing Chelsea and Spurs.

I could see him being a disaster here if I'm honest.

3 hours ago, murphy said:

He is at least the polar opposite of Puel.

He has personality and wants to play a high tempo pressing game as opposed to turgid sideways football.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/05/22/tactical-philosophy-david-wagner/

Has done well taking Huddersfield up and possibly keeping them there on a limited budget.

He literally does not play high tempo high press football.

He is the absolute stereotype of sit back, soak it up, and try and nick a goal.

The evidence is the whole season with Huddersfield.

Irrelevant what the website says, at no point have they pressed anyone this season. Ever.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Might be to do with him managing Chelsea and Spurs.

I could see him being a disaster here if I'm honest.

I agree, he's ridden off his success at Porto through his career and was underwhelming at best at Chelsea, Tottenham and Zenit. Ended up in China like a series of other big name managers who have gone there for the money and got the sack. His highlights are that incredible season at Porto (Quadruple and unbeaten in the league) and winning the league with Zenit, but he under-performed in the Premier League with teams with big resources. He wouldn't be able to handle the personalities we have here.

4 hours ago, Callabinho said:

I have heard a rumour this morning that he isn’t going, owners and backroom staff have laid out a two year plan with him, and apparently have already started moving on the player front. I must admit even if we lost every game from now until the summer 5-0. I would not be surprised if he remained. 

Outgoings, incomings or both?

I just went to check the new manager odds and couldn’t find them anywhere.

Then it dawned on me....we haven’t actually sacked him yet!

Reading all the threads on here over the last 48 hours had convinced my sub concious brain that we were on the search for a new manager :o

Imagine if Puel wins a couple of games before the end of the season and ends up staying put lol

All this noise will have been for nothing!

Yesterday I wanted Marco Silva, but having thought it through properly, what we need now is a person who knows the club, the city, the players, the staff etc. Nigel is our Dyche, the original. All the other choices just will come here for the money and it won't work out. Time to get back to basics bring in Pearson, Walsh if Everton don't want him and Shakespeare. Oh and we should keep Appleton. 

Look at other teams like Aletico Madrid they are all following the the counter attacking style , what we should have stuck to, possession football won't work for us, we not man city, and teams success full teams in Europe are not playing that anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tiredclimb said:

I don't see his personality coming out anymore than pretty much 85% of current PL managers. I'd always rather get results than feeling entertained from a press conference or see someone shouting their head off on the touchline. 

Huddersfield went up (some how) playing crap football. Can't remember too many teams winning the playoffs after finishing the season on negative goal difference. Teams in that position are almost always on +15/20. I watched those playoffs and it was dire and had a lot to do with their on loan keeper having a very good performance on the penalty shootout.

Sure they have picked up some interesting results like beating Man Utd but so have West Brom. We aren't going to end up with a Klopp 2.0. Also his high tempo pressing game has got Huddersfield 27 goals this season, 22 less then our turgid sideways football. 10 of our 49 goals were scored during Shakespheres run which means we have still scored 39 in 25 under Puel. 

I just personally think we really need to be careful who we wish for. If we are going to bin Puel we need someone that really suits the club and has a much better (clearer) vision and has evidence of actually making it work in previous jobs. 

I think you have to put it into the perspective that he is Huddersfield Town manager and the resources they have to work with.  The last time that Huddersfield Town were in the top division was 1972, so here is a club punching well above it's weight.

He inherited a team 18th in the championship and took them up the following year and has a good chance of keeping them up.

Personally, I quite like the idea of up and coming/hungry managers rather than the established old guard names on the managerial merry-go-round.

Edited by murphy

4 hours ago, Donut said:

He literally does not play high tempo high press football.

He is the absolute stereotype of sit back, soak it up, and try and nick a goal.

The evidence is the whole season with Huddersfield.

Irrelevant what the website says, at no point have they pressed anyone this season. Ever.

Look I'm not evangelising Wagner, I just mooted him as an option among others.  I did say 'wants' to play high tempo, perhaps being Huddersfield you do have no choice but to concede possession.

I admit I haven't seen a lot of Huddersfield myself but he website, if you have read it, gives plenty of specific examples of his style and pressing game from this season's matches but I s'pose you must be right.  They have "never pressed anyone ever".

Need someone who is able to gain the respect from the players.

Wouldn't mind the partnership of Michael Appleton and Chris Powell.

Both would offer different perspectives of team selection/tactics etc and are well-respected.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I just went to check the new manager odds and couldn’t find them anywhere.

Then it dawned on me....we haven’t actually sacked him yet!

Reading all the threads on here over the last 48 hours had convinced my sub concious brain that we were on the search for a new manager :o

Imagine if Puel wins a couple of games before the end of the season and ends up staying put lol

All this noise will have been for nothing!

All this noise IS for nothing :)

7 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Watford look like staying up on points he got them before he had his his head turned and getting that Hull side competitive was a big feat in itself.

Wouldn't be my first choice at all but anybody simply looking at the fact Hull went down ignores the fact he still made a difference there.

30% win ratio at Watford??