Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

6 hours ago, KJT said:

Yesterday I wanted Marco Silva, but having thought it through properly, what we need now is a person who knows the club, the city, the players, the staff etc. Nigel is our Dyche, the original. All the other choices just will come here for the money and it won't work out. Time to get back to basics bring in Pearson, Walsh if Everton don't want him and Shakespeare. Oh and we should keep Appleton. 

Look at other teams like Aletico Madrid they are all following the the counter attacking style , what we should have stuck to, possession football won't work for us, we not man city, and teams success full teams in Europe are not playing that anymore.

couldn't agree more

4 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Atletico don't play on the counter at home to Alaves. They play quite defensively in the Champion's League when everybody watches them but they're the their biggest club in Spain so they have to break teams down when playing them.

Counter attacking is a string to a teams bow, it shouldn't be the primary intent of a team because it's reactive. We can't go into a game against Burnley at home hoping to hit them on the break because they don't leave the space to. For sides that play deep and defensively a point away to Leicester is a good one, teams are scared of Vardy so deny him space in behind so we have to create chances in other ways unfortunately. We need to become better all around, it doesn't seem Puel can do that but it isn't sustainable to rely on counter attacking.

We seriously need better full-backs. It will make the world of difference to us. Genuinely think Ricardo Pereira could nearly transform this side.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

draws which were decent performances

lpool (a), arsenal and burnley (h)

the wins against villa (h) and stoke/hull (a) were hardly classics

its a struggle trying to stick lipstick on a pig. there was a reason we had about twenty points when we played west ham !

What about the other 8 wins? 14th place with 41 points is what matters and first season back up that was good going. I can well imagine it is a struggle to put lipstick on a pig but tbh it’s not something I’m into. Each to their own. 

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

now this is something which occurred to me earlier today. I cant believe that he would leave Liverpool over a disagreement with klopp who he has been with for many many years. I also cant believe we would install a man with no managerial experience. so where is he going ???? 

I think we could make much worse appointments to be honest, this isn’t one that particularly scares me.

From what I’ve heard Klopp is the face and Buvac is the thinker, the tactician etc.

i certainly wouldn’t say no to a klopp-a-like.

but then there’s the element of unknown.

its a tough one really.

3 minutes ago, dooflip said:

I think we could make much worse appointments to be honest, this isn’t one that particularly scares me.

From what I’ve heard Klopp is the face and Buvac is the thinker, the tactician etc.

i certainly wouldn’t say no to a klopp-a-like.

but then there’s the element of unknown.

its a tough one really.

Its a no from me, reminds me too much of Ranieri/Shakey. Many fans/media were saying that it was Shakespear who was the mastermind behind Ranieri, but we did that and saw how that went. 

We need a tried and tested manager. Doesn't necessarily have to be big name, but someone with a bit of oomph about them.

The suggestions,coming over on this forum,I would rather keep Puel!!

Though an Appleton-Pearson Alliance,would give US our Club,and an modern-pragmatic

with a twist of no-nonsense ethos back Into the club.

Spanien -Italien /Continental ,connection,so many promises so much then wanes and fight

Brit-spirit goes amis. I have a feeling many fans would prefer some hardnose no nonsense

approach right now. From offshore managers,I only see Rafa.

We aint go to find a New PEP,or Klopp,so we should stop chasing the idea,of some unique

Foreign input that will lift US and keep US at an OTT expected level.

Its the ambition and quality of chase and Chance we want to see produced,a journey that

is destined to fizzle out,but to be content and Entertained,on the failing bumpy-ride,in

Chasing top 5.

Spurs are a good model and Muster( forgetting fightcock forum commentators) 

They dont have the financial clout,of The real big 4, maybe also not that of their hated

North London Neighbours,but just maybe a financial base we could compete with.

In Pochittino a top manager,who though no trophies,has had his clubs,competing,and

Playing decent football.He will surely End up a winner..!!(somewhere)

Spurs because of Tradition and Location will ALWAYS out manouvre US on closing out

the better quality player Transfers,but we could RIDE in their slip stream,on their coattails

just to annoy them.Their New found consistency is attainable Form Clubs like ourselves,

Everton,Soton and yes a wrly Burnley. Because if Avilla,Newcastle did get their act together

we would always struggle for top 8,unless our owners could really  compete.

Football is about using that Chance that cycles of Chance and opportunity that comes along,

Blackburn,Forest,the modern Chelsea and to a lesser extent ourselves, grabbed theirs.

We have it seems,good owners,can they keep and use this successful Period of ours afloat.

We do need a rebuild and a New group of base and Backbone of players,the Fans also

have to take that on Board.

Edited by fuchsntf

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Football is about using that Chance that cycles of Chance and opportunity that comes along,

Blackburn,Forest,the modern Chelsea and to a lesser extent ourselves, grabbed theirs.

We have it seems,good owners,can they keep and use this successful Period of ours afloat.

We do need a rebuild and a New group of base and Backbone of players,the Fans also

have to take that on Board.

So what your basically saying is

You've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get round the back

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Isn't it ironic that people want Puel out, only to replace him with Wagner?

Have you seen any Huddersfield matches this season?

Not saying he wouldn't be able to take Leicester anywhere but based on current footballing results/games, he is nothing more than Puel. Apart from the fact he speaks English with a German accent and probably has a little more connection to the fans.

37 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Isn't it ironic that people want Puel out, only to replace him with Wagner?

Have you seen any Huddersfield matches this season?

Not saying he wouldn't be able to take Leicester anywhere but based on current footballing results/games, he is nothing more than Puel. Apart from the fact he speaks English with a German accent and probably has a little more connection to the fans.

Look at Huddersfield’s squad though, he would of done a great job keeping them up, would puel keep them up? I doubt it 

• Like 1

How about Zeljko Buvac who has apparently fallen out with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool? A number two with no experience being the main man, but has been with Klopp for 17 years across two teams, playing some of the most exciting stuff in Europe with both. High intensity gegenpressing with a dynamic front three.

If Puel goes, I'd at least interview him. I can't see us getting an actual top manager from the ones we are after expect *maybe* Rafa Benitez. Therefore going for someone that has experience but not yet proven could be an option. We were linked with Wagner, and he might be more of a realistic target.

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Look at Huddersfield’s squad though, he would of done a great job keeping them up, would puel keep them up? I doubt it 

On that basis, Puel needs to be given a summer to get the players he wants to play his system.

He took over a Leicester team with average players, a lot who were underperforming.

9 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

On that basis, Puel needs to be given a summer to get the players he wants to play his system.

He took over a Leicester team with average players, a lot who were underperforming.

Rubbish!!  puels system is utter shite, we WILL be relegated if he is still here nx season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

How about Zeljko Buvac who has apparently fallen out with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool? A number two with no experience being the main man, but has been with Klopp for 17 years across two teams, playing some of the most exciting stuff in Europe with both. High intensity gegenpressing with a dynamic front three.

If Puel goes, I'd at least interview him. I can't see us getting an actual top manager from the ones we are after expect *maybe* Rafa Benitez. Therefore going for someone that has experience but not yet proven could be an option. We were linked with Wagner, and he might be more of a realistic target.

Known for being quite reserved/deep thinker type and not really a good communicator in terms of man management etc. Think that is why it has worked so well teaming with Klopp who is a larger than life character etc. I'd imagine he might be missing some key attributes to be a top manager.

Be interesting to see if there was a fall out though or it is genuinely to do with some personal issues outside the club. 

On 4/28/2018 at 18:02, progmusfreak said:

No club will let their manager to us (even Everton), except those relegated, but are we really interested in the likes of Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, etc. We must learn from other club's mistakes.

How many times we have had managers from abroad and they flopped miserably, relying on their name and refusing to learn the Premier League rules?

No sense hiring someone out of work for long, most of them has been reasonably sacked (like Frank de Boer).

The best decision is either to have someone from Championship, get Pearson back (I know his tactics disadvantages, but at least he has some guts) or rely temporarily on Appleton/Walsh/Shakespeare. At least the new one must be tactically proficient.

I know that some choices mean mediocrity, but it is better than relegation fight with some big name.

One more point - if the tops think they are not to blame as well, they are wrong. They are mainly interested in advertising they own business and just gamble on one manager or another. Believe me, the moment Leicester is relegated, they will sell the club.

....why would they, when they are investing in new training facilities and ground enlargement?

We really do not know how lucky we are!!!!

15 hours ago, Wookie said:

Atletico don't play on the counter at home to Alaves. They play quite defensively in the Champion's League when everybody watches them but they're the third biggest club in Spain so they have to break teams down when playing them.

Counter attacking is a string to a teams bow, it shouldn't be the primary intent of a team because it's reactive. We can't go into a game against Burnley at home hoping to hit them on the break because they don't leave the space to. For sides that play deep and defensively a point away to Leicester is a good one, teams are scared of Vardy so deny him space in behind so we have to create chances in other ways unfortunately. We need to become better all around, it doesn't seem Puel can do that but it isn't sustainable to rely on counter attacking.

Good post the Wookiemeister :D

• Thanks 1