Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

If you think a “decent” manager will leave their current club to join us, you’re mistaken. Forget Rafa he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole...  we’re in termoil, and I’m not sure there’s anyone out there decent willing to come who’s capable of doing the job.....

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Eddie Howe! 

He's done alright with Bournemouth but I think he's too naive in his approach of well this is how we play and we'd rather go down playing this way than do that against the big teams approach. I there's better young managers out there, some unlikely to come but money talks.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

My sides.

What is your opinion now? Are you still pro Puel and wanting to retain him?

Would love Nige back, even where we were shit you could still buy into what he was trying to do. I don't see anything Puel is selling, ever going to work at this club. A few names I'd welcome that are realistic 

Marco Silva - Only problem is I think it would end up being a short term appointment, clearly got some commitment issues

Slavisa Jokanvoic - Will be hard if Fulham come up, but surely can't spend another season in the championship 

Marco Giampaolo - Probably another one that would be hard, but doing wonders at Sampdoria

must admit, we are a hard sell atm. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I understand the clamour for Pearson, he built the foundations for the club. But I don't think he is the man to rescue us.  He has never attracted the interest of another premier league club, he struggled at Derby without Shakespeare and Walsh.  

I'd be looking for a manager who plays a high intensity style and someone who can develop players on a budget.  I don't know WHO that is, I don't know enough about European football. 

But we must be an attractive proposition to someone that fits that mould.

I'm as anti-Pearson as anyone really but you can't deny the man is good for a clear out and re-build job.

I don't believe for one second that Claude is as bad a manager as his recent performances suggest, neither certainly was Ranieri, and Shakespeare... well Craig might not have been the best manager, but what's clear is that there is something toxic within the club and until that's removed we're doomed to repeat this cycle over and over again.

NP for all his failings is a man we can trust to do what needs doing to the squad.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Someone with the balls to not let the stalwarts manipulate him. That said I hope half of them will be gone. 

Spot on this..we’ve had a series of managers who appear to be too soft. We need someone to control these players.

Edited by Col city fan

Pearson coming back wouldn't actually surprise me. Given the rate in which we change managers, they should be constantly monitoring potential names but I doubt that much thought is going into it.

It seems as though they wanted Puel in the summer yet kept Shakespeare on, gave him three years and out after three months when they could've had their choice and saved a heap of money in pay-offs. Now it is probably three manager's contracts being paid up within the timescale of the first one!

Pitiful all round. 

• Like 1

Would be happy with Wagner or Rowett, Silva would also be a good shout. But I’m afraid it’s time for some of the senior players to make their exit too.

Once saw a Football Republic sketch with that chap saying in place of a Leicester fan “if we get rid of our manager every five games we’ll win the league!”. There’s a truth to that it seems...

• Haha 1