Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Who should be the next Leicester City manager?

Who should be the next Leicester manager?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Leicester manager?

• Someone working a PL club?
    • Someone working from abroad?
    • Someone from the lower leagues?
    • Someone out of work?

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Do you really think the people in charge of hiring (and firing) look that deeply into potential managers? 

They dithered over appointing a bloke already in position last summer.

No I don't. That's a huge part of our current problem 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I really hope we don’t go for Marco Silva...I really don’t want him at the club.

Agreed Col blokes a mercenary. 4 clubs since 2014 says it all.

You would think a club of our size could tempt Dyche away from a team like Burnley, give him a good salary and budget and he'd improve the defensive side of our game massively which evidently needs a lot of work after today. I'm sure he'd find the right way to get the best out of Vards as well, so many managers could do a better job here than Puel ffs

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Agreed Col blokes a mercenary. 4 clubs since 2014 says it all.

He has not done a  bad job at his last 2 though, Hull were far the better team when they played us at home, and went down, I think the Everton speculation was Watford’ dip in form, least he play nice attacking football that would suit most out squad, there is a lot worse out there 

4 minutes ago, Sam Casley said:

You would think a club of our size could tempt Dyche away from a team like Burnley, give him a good salary and budget and he'd improve the defensive side of our game massively which evidently needs a lot of work after today. I'm sure he'd find the right way to get the best out of Vards as well, so many managers could do a better job here than Puel ffs

If Dyche didn't leave them for Everton not even halfway through the season he certainly won't leave them for us now he's gotten them into Europe - especially given our recent trend of sacking managers after half a year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

He has not done a  bad job at his last 2 though, Hull were far the better team when they played us at home, and went down, I think the Everton speculation was Watford’ dip in form, least he play nice attacking football that would suit most out squad, there is a lot worse out there 

Wanted to leave Watford a few months into a long term contract.

And Hull went down as I recall.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If Dyche didn't leave them for Everton not even halfway through the season he certainly won't leave them for us now he's gotten them into Europe - especially given our recent trend of sacking managers after half a year.

You've got a point, I think Dyche is the type of manager that wouldn't wanna leave halfway through a season though. If we offered a very good salary (can't be earning much at Burnley) and showed him a long term plan with a great transfer budget who knows. I think he's the best 'realistic' option, who else could we get? Howe? Rafa? Pearson?

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wanted to leave Watford a few months into a long term contract.

And Hull went down as I recall.

Hull would not of gone down had he been there all season, like I said they played some really good football when he took charge, I didn’t know he wanted to leave Watford! 

Ironically most of the managers people on here want appointed have been in their jobs a long time and have had time to do a decent job. Dyche won’t leave Burnley anyway but especially not a club that’s likely to have sacked three managers in 14 months. 

If a decision is to sack Puel either now or at the end of the season I can honestly say I have no idea on who I would want to take over. There is a real lack of managers out of work that I believe would be worth a shout and others that I would struggle to see why they would walk away from what they have to come to us such as Dyche, Benitez, Wagner, Howe etc.

I believe recruiting someone from abroad with no experience of English or Premier League football is too much of a gamble.

I am not for a third return for Nigel Pearson. I am already discounting Arsene Wenger as don’t see him staying in Premier League & praying Louis Van Gaal is not considered. Also don’t want Big Sam if Everton part company.

Whoever comes in if indeed that happens will have to been handed a significant transfer budget and will have to move on some of existing squad as the squad really needs freshening up. Any new manager will have to have some clout to give us the chance to keep our better players, Vardy, Ndidi, Maguire etc.

I am keen to hear what our fans think of a potential manager to replace Puel because like I say I struggle to name anyone and that comes straight to mind.

• Like 2

No club will let their manager to us (even Everton), except those relegated, but are we really interested in the likes of Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, etc. We must learn from other club's mistakes.

How many times we have had managers from abroad and they flopped miserably, relying on their name and refusing to learn the Premier League rules?

No sense hiring someone out of work for long, most of them has been reasonably sacked (like Frank de Boer).

The best decision is either to have someone from Championship, get Pearson back (I know his tactics disadvantages, but at least he has some guts) or rely temporarily on Appleton/Walsh/Shakespeare. At least the new one must be tactically proficient.

I know that some choices mean mediocrity, but it is better than relegation fight with some big name.

One more point - if the tops think they are not to blame as well, they are wrong. They are mainly interested in advertising they own business and just gamble on one manager or another. Believe me, the moment Leicester is relegated, they will sell the club.

I think they'll do an Appleton till the end of the season, then have a good look at who's available. 

Can't honestly see Rafa leaving thr Toon and Dyche getting Burnley into Europe is an incredible achievement  - he'll surely want to see the job through.

39 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What exactly does he have to do to convince you he isn't good enough?

We've been safe for weeks, so he suceeded there. I want him to be given the time to bring his own players in and put his plan in place. A whole year should be the minimum for any manager. The players he has are basically the group that let Ranieri and Shakey down, I blame them. 

I see no reason that Rogers or Rowett or Dyche will do any better. 

Sure if we had a top class manager like Blanc lined up. But we haven't and we'll end up a laughing stock with some shitty failed prem rotation manager.