Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Are we (the Fans) on the beach?

Not sold out for a few weeks, have we just given up and gone on hols?

If we claim some responsibility for helping to win.... our fault for losses as well?

untie the hanky, get down the club and sing!

After the Chelsea game the season was effectively over imo and then Newcastle put the nail in the coffin.

It's difficult to get excited for a game with little to play for and when the football is as dire as it has been, since Jan with nothing to get overly excited about in months. 

The atmosphere at home has been really poor of late and I fear that West Ham will be the same, especially if Puel is still in charge, with the growing anamostiy it could become toxic if we go 1-0 down, which seems to be a theme of late. 

Will just have to wait till the start of next season for the atmosphere to improve, as most of us would probably be fine with finishing 9th and the season ending now. 

The players don’t believe they’re on the beach. They truly believe they are trying their best. But they are missing all the small gain areas, whether in training, tactical preparation concentration levels or during the game. At this level it all adds up when you don’t have the highest level of technical ability across the whole team to paper over the cracks. 

When you go week in week out and have to witness performances like that it’s understandable.

I didn’t go yesterday but went through the usual morning of thinking I could still get a ticket. Thank **** I didn’t.

We are going to get completely murdered V Spurs.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The players don’t believe they’re on the beach. They truly believe they are trying their best. But they are missing all the small gain areas, whether in training, tactical preparation concentration levels or during the game. At this level it all adds up when you don’t have the highest level of technical ability across the whole team to paper over the cracks. 

Sorry St Albans, I get what you're saying but truthfully I stopped believing that round about early February. 

As soon as it was obvious we were only ever going to finish mid table they all just slipped in to cruise control. 

That run of Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth at home just absolutely killed me. It was ****ing dreadful. 

The level of application has been increasingly awful as they all just settle for mid table and see out the year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Not sold out for a few weeks, have we just given up and gone on hols?

If we claim some responsibility for helping to win.... our fault for losses as well?

untie the hanky, get down the club and sing!

Apart from we sold out and spurs is a sell out although I guess the ticket thread may have a few spares this morning.

These constantly poor performances have certainly sucked a bit of life out of any enthusiasm tho.

What's to be excited about???

As someone has already said, I left the game not even bothered we got thrashed if it means a manager change.

I've been turning up to games but not really bothered since Chelsea. I was fuming after the Chelsea game. We've wasted a chance of a great season.

I've got a spurs ticket already and hope Puel is gone by then. I probably won't go to the home games

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

When you go week in week out and have to witness performances like that it’s understandable.

I didn’t go yesterday but went through the usual morning of thinking I could still get a ticket. Thank **** I didn’t.

We are going to get completely murdered V Spurs.

Kane Hatrick!

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry St Albans, I get what you're saying but truthfully I stopped believing that round about early February. 

As soon as it was obvious we were only ever going to finish mid table they all just slipped in to cruise control. 

That run of Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth at home just absolutely killed me. It was ****ing dreadful. 

The level of application has been increasingly awful as they all just settle for mid table and see out the year. 

think back to the champions league fixtures, to the title winning season. Remind yourselves of the levels of concentration you saw all over the pitch. it took ‘super human’ levels to achieve what this squad did then. What you see now is ‘more normal’ for the majority of these players. it’s why Claudio tried to change things  - his experience told him that what had happened was unsustainable but he did too much too quickly and eventually lost the plot with his tactics. 

marginal gains. It does matter and at this level it makes a massive difference. This team are going through the motions and have been for ages. They don’t realise and it’s  up to the manager to sort it. That’s his main failing and it will cost him his job. 

• Like 1

With the way this team has been playing under Puel since the turn of the new year, it's understandable that the fans fail to sympathize with the club, the team and the manager.

I'm not a fan of booing and it's somewhat disappointing that all the enthusiasm after winning the Premeir League has slowly, but steadily been sucked out of the club, but who can blame fans for such reaction or not being overly interested or encouraged by what's going on right now?

Puel is a good manager, but there was never that spark that made his relationship with the fans an agreeable or positive one. No chants in his name from what I can recall, his inability to express himself clearly in English, his odd post-match interviews and the case with confusing his own players with his assessments of games and performances.

Just not a match made in heaven, I'm afraid.

I'm not trying to blame the manager solely here. Mahrez did himself and the club no favours with his antics in January. Yet players can't get properly motivated, they play in roles they're not used to (Albrighton as right-back, Simpson as right wing-back) and the starting XI is shuffled around on a regular basis, with questionable nominations by the manager (Mahrez, Morgan over Dragovic, Choudhoury over Silva spring to mind).

But what are the club doing to re-ignite the interest in the team and football? They are responsible for the hiring of this manager and for fvcking up the Silva deal last summer - and for the questionable transfer policy in the past two years.

It's been a very lethargic last couple of months. Their big upcoming tasks, apart from likely having to find a new manager, are the summer transfer window (huge and very indicative of where we'll be going in the near future) and needing to find a way or means for fans being able to re-connect with the club and the fans. The management has failed to use the momentum following our league title and we've been reeling ever since.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2