Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Contract...

Maybe I’ve missed this but has Puel actually got a contract with City, normally when a manager is appointed mid season you hear of a 2 & 1/2 year contract or something, maybe I’m wrong but I can’t remember seeing or hearing of this...

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

Maybe I’ve missed this but has Puel actually got a contract with City, normally when a manager is appointed mid season you hear of a 2 & 1/2 year contract or something, maybe I’m wrong but I can’t remember seeing or hearing of this...

3 year deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41746701

That's a lot of compensation when we sack him, unless we inserted a break clause.

• Sad 1

I think paying off the bad buys will cost us Millions too, as there will not be queues forming for most of them.  The recruitment and scouting need to go immediately.

• Like 2

I’m puzzled by this ‘complete overhaul’ notion? 

Time has shown us, that is never the best approach, but it’s even stranger when you consider we still have a lot going for us as a club.

In my mind, it only needs some work around the edges and focus on two key areas, central midfield and central defence. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’m puzzled by this ‘complete overhaul’ notion? 

Time has shown us, that is never the best approach, but it’s even stranger when you consider we still have a lot going for us as a club.

In my mind, it only needs some work around the edges and focus on two key areas, central midfield and central defence. 

I’ve been thinking this for a few days what’s all this complete overhaul stuff. We just need to recapture the November/December form that we had. I don’t think we are far aware from being a good side again

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

I’ve been thinking this for a few days what’s all this complete overhaul stuff. We just need to recapture the November/December form that we had. I don’t think we are far aware from being a good side again

Glad i’m not the only one.

I guess it’s coupled with this ‘player power’ notion. But then I think, if I can see myself that the manager is making bizarre decisions and calls, I’d want players with a strong enough mentality to ask questions - not just meekly go along with it. 

If the dressing room was split over Puel - that would be an issue, but my understanding is they all think he’s a buffoon!  

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Glad i’m not the only one.

I guess it’s coupled with this ‘player power’ notion. But then I think, if I can see myself that the manager is making bizarre decisions and calls, I’d want players with a strong enough mentality to ask questions - not just meekly go along with it. 

If the dressing room was split over Puel - that would be an issue, but my understanding is they all think he’s a buffoon!  

Not just the players the coaching staff as well..

14 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

I think people are saying a complete overhaul as in get rid of the bad eggs. This really needs sorting or are we happy with a new manager every six months.

To be honest whoever we get in our owners need to step up to the plate. They need to give the new manager total backing. Also tell the players step out of line again and your out. Or you spend the rest of your contract training on your own and no games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

An aging squad needs overhauling and the band of brothers need moving on, both go together IMO. They can only play one way, maybe thats why they don't like change as it shows them up. Fresh start needed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

How much is he likely to be on a week? 15k???

Quick Google search suggests he's on £2.5m a season before bonuses - about £50k per week

32 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

An aging squad needs overhauling and the band of brothers need moving on, both go together IMO. They can only play one way, maybe thats why they don't like change as it shows them up. Fresh start needed.

Can see where your coming from. I see it as a bit more gradual, I don’t think any clubs have successfully bought in loads of players to overhaul a squad before... a lot easier said that done. Imo

Who are the band of brothers you refer to? 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I hope sacking him costs us a few quid. Might make us look at the way the club is being run and change things for the future

Doubt it. We'll continue like this until we're relegated. 

I have no trust in the owners and the recruitment team that are obviously so trusted. Out of all the managers that owners have appointed, and then sacked, only Pearson and Ranieri have worked.

42 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

It will have some sort of clause in it regarding compensation.

He'll still receive a decent amount of money paid to him though

Typically a 6 to 12 months payment in current PL management contracts.

11 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Typically a 6 to 12 months payment in current PL management contracts.

He would have had a nice ‘staying up bonus’ included and he has earned that. Beyond that I bet we were pretty tough and he won’t see more than six months salary as severance. 

If we were to get Rafa in, we will be well on the back foot regarding contract negotiations.