Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Will we be relegated in the next 3 years?

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Agreed, anyone outside the top 6 is just a bad managerial appointment away from sending a team down.

This basically. It is amost inevitable that we will be relegated at some point in the next 5 years. We have essentially now replaced the last few years of Stoke in terms of our place in the league and eventually will go the same way.

Of course we could, but so could: Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Swansea, West Ham, Palace, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Newcastle, all of the teams that come up each season.

Every team outside the top 7 is a bad managerial appointment, a few injuries or poor recruiting and players leaving away from being relegated.

It's not great at the minute but we're not the only ones.

Palace didn't get a point or even a goal for the first 6 games and they turned it around. Looking at the quality of the division, next season anywhere between 7th and 20th is possible.

If we hold on to Maguire, Ndidi and Vardy we have a strong backbone.

If Silva gets a good preseason into himself and plays like the player we know he can be, if Ian Nacho starts firing, a lot of ifs but if these things a happen we can be challenging for Europe and conversely if these things don't happen and we make more poor appointments and signing we can be in the poop.

If Mark Hughes mk 2 doesn’t get the boot before the end of the season then we’ll be doing a Stoke next. We are devoid of any ideas or desire to have a shot on target, never mind actually having enough intelligence to win a game anymore. I’m not buying it that we’re simply ‘on the beach’, I think it’s much deeper than that. Possession based football is all well and good but if you do **** all with the ball when you’ve got it then what’s the point? I’m fully expecting a relegation battle next season, regardless of who we get in this summer. Yesterday was horrific. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Any team below 6th can go down.1 bad season injury’s etc.Our problem is the we are on the slide big time and getting a couple of players in pre season never seems to work.We had our chance to improve our squad and give ourselves a 2 year buffer and blew it.

I believe we'll go down next season.

You can't keep hiring managers and sacking them. You can't keep buying poor players that don't improve the squad.

I think we're in trouble next season with or without Puel. The problem runs deeper than just sacking the manager, these people who keep hiring managers need to be accountable too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

This has to be the most knee jerk thread ever. We have billionaire owners for goodness sake who are extremely ambitious ,not some penny pinching mercenaries like some clubs have the misfortune to have at the helm.

Yeah, and they have trust in incapable people who constantly hire managers we sack. Can you see the pattern? You can't keep sacking managers - ask WBA and Sunderland.

It doesn't matter how much money they have or how good owners you think they are. Stoke are well run but have just gone down.

Edited by Fox92

I remember Peter Taylor's first year, we started well and were inexplicably top of the league in October as performances had not warranted it.  Second half of the season and after the Wycombe debacle we dropped like a stone to finish around 14th.

At the time I thought, right, we have a full summer, get some new players in, start with a clean slate.

First game of the next season.  Leicester 0 Bolton 5.  I knew then that we would be relegated.

The point is that what we have been seeing for a while now is stone cold relegation form and will be carried over into the next season without an overhaul by the looks of things.

What still rankles though, and I know it has been said again and again, but we had a once in a lifetime opportunity after the title win to kick on and blew it with crimminal ineptness, wasting tens of millions on poor players.  If we had got that right, we would be in a very different position now.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

I don't think so because most managers in the bottom five of the Premier League get the boot after a few games. We just have to be a bit less naff than they are. The irony is you can build a team in the championship and this league is just putting plasters on severed limbs. But as we've seen in the last week the teams with average players who stand to lose half their wages suddenly put a shift in and bigger teams with better players like ours think who they will sign for next.

• Like 1