Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Amazing how our very first and very last games were high scoring end-to-end thrillers and yet almost every match in between was instantly forgettable.

If Puel had the balls to play like that every game, replaced most of our defenders and got some better central midfielders in we'd be laughing.

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing that sort of entertainment again next season as the manager will never commit to it.

I take it you won't be going to any games then next season? 

Why are you always so negative?

Last 2 games have been very entertaining. It won't be constantly boring even if Puel does stay. Lighten up a little ffs. 

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Like our recruitment team is going to find 3 decent defenders lol

Don't worry, Morgan and Fuchs are here for another season (or at least half a season in Fuchs' case).

At least our back-ups are sorted, I worry about our starting XI for next season.

Not really much point judging the defending. 

We have 1 premier league defender and the rest are now championship standard. 

I think that game will do Claude a favour and definitely won't damage his case for staying, we were attacking superbly and the play was free just as the fans demand. 

If he gets given the money to buy decent defenders in the summer I'd now happily give him the chance next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Choudhury has never been asked to defend in his life before has he?

I almsot think Puel did it on purpose so he could say 'see, if we try to score goals we will also concede loads'.

I don't think so. 

Our back 4 consisted of 3 championship level players to be frank.. 

Our fate of conceding goals was sealed before choudhury was put in defence. 

Rather lose like that than dick about with the ball around the back and not bother.

We did more than enough to win that game- just a shame that 75% of our defence is past it. We already knew that anyway though. 

Wouldn't mind Puel being kept on now- hopefully he sees where we're at our best and builds around it accordingly.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Good going forward, horrendous at the back, bringing Choudhury on cost us that game I'm afraid.

Over the last two games what we've done better is make use of the space we've created; however as seen against the lower teams they gave us no space and we couldn't break them down, because of that I worry about us going forward under Puel, problems lie much deeper than changing a few defenders.

I agree, sticking Hamza who’s just a kid in a RB completely undone us. He knows Mahrez doesn’t track back or provide any help.

another head scratching change from the bloke. I’ve had enough of him now.

3 minutes ago, The Blur said:

No point in being too mad-  we have rediscovered our attacking spark which hopefully we can carry over to the next season, Nacho/Vardy have showed that they can work and our defence have made the case for their replacements even more pressing.   Win-win-win-win all around scenario.

They attack when they're motivated which over the 2nd half of the season has been defined by the opponent.  Look at all the crap performances against teams they should beat.  Whoever is in charge of the squad needs to figure out a way to get more focus week to week (good luck with that) but the back line depth is terrible. I think Ndidi makes up for some of what's lacking but not all.  

• Like 1

Basically a friendly today, cracking game, can't blame puel for today, individual mistakes and some luck against us has cost us at least a point, Morgan, Simpson and fuchs have been amazing servants for the club and deserve endless respect, but sadly there comes an end, glad the season is over, excited to see what pre season is going to bring 

• Like 2

Lot to unpack right there...

Great game to watch, but gutting we lost. Fuchs was unlucky with the own goal, and Lamela's first looked offside to me, but that's football.

Maguire looks easily the best defender England have. What a player. Really impressed with Silva too, all of our positive play was coming from him. Love how he and Diabate both spin with the ball with the ball to keep it too!

Simpson had a mare at first, but we know he's not a ball player, and put some solid defending in still.

Really happy for Mahrez, Vardy and especially Kelechi. All deserved their goals.

Gray looked good today, aside from his mistake that led to their goal.

Bit disappointed with Jakupovic and Choudhury today, but the latter was playing out of position and didn't have much support down that right hand side. 

Onwards and upwards to this summer - we need a bit of a refresh, methinks.

Well done, didn’t go, didn’t watch the stream, just sat and watch the goals come in on sky sports.

Was expecting a heavy defeat today, don’t know how individuals played, but well done all, including puel, sounded a really good game, and if we are going to lose, rather be like that, than a boring whimper.

• Like 1