Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

Just now, mod hero said:

I agree, sticking Hamza who’s just a kid in a RB completely undone us. He knows Mahrez doesn’t track back or provide any help.

another head scratching change from the bloke. I’ve had enough of him now.

I understand what you're saying, but who else would you have put on instead? Benny maybe? We know he can be a bit rash, and neither are natural right backs.

2 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

All the last 2 games have done is paper over the cracks puel will play boring football next season let's get him out now and let someone build a new team for next season 

This. Wholesale clear out needed both on and off the pitch. Ideal time to hit the reset button and start from almost scratch. 

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Choudhury has never been asked to defend in his life before has he?

I almsot think Puel did it on purpose so he could say 'see, if we try to score goals we will also concede loads'.

lollollol as if. 

Can't have a go at Puel today.

Fans can't say the team scored and Puel conceded. Grossly unfair no matter how much you may dislike the manager.

• Like 3

Very open game, we hit the jackpot going 3-1 up so quickly in the second half and at that moment the players should have sat in and spoilt the game. We made it too easy. Same as arsenal the players don't make tackles in the final third and I'm not sure why. They seem to wait to react to what they opposition do and they back off and back off letting the other team stroll into the penalty area. 

On the plus side it'll hopefully mean we invest heavily in those areas this summer. ? 

I reckon puels probably saved himself here so let's see what he can recruit

Probably not a popular opinion but I've seen enough in the last two games to give Puel a reprieve.

We look really good going forward - let's see what we're like when he's had a chance to buy a defence.

• Like 2

Just now, lgfualol said:

Need to spend so much on a new defence. If any of Morgan Fuchs or SImpson start next season we'll probs get relegated.

Great game though. Not bothered about the loss after that, what a game.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think they need to be second choice only. Hurts that I have to say that about Fuchs, as he (all three to be honest) has been a great servant to the club.

I don't have a problem with any of them being second choice. They just have to clearly be second choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I take it you won't be going to any games then next season? 

Why are you always so negative?

Last 2 games have been very entertaining. It won't be constantly boring even if Puel does stay. Lighten up a little ffs. 

No I won't, not until I see a consistently positive approach from a manager. It's not worth my time.

I'm only as negative as the manager is so don't give me that. You know full well we won't play an attacking pressing style because he doesn't believe in it.

The last 2 games have been very good (apart from the defending) but I won't be suckered in by a man desperate to save his own skin. Shakespeare started the season this way if you'll remember and it would have been nice to think he was going to carry on with that sort of positive performance, but to think that would have been naive.

The 20 games before the last 2 have reflected very badly on Puel and I won't be changing my opinion on him based on 2 matches alone. That would be ridiculous and childish.

There have been about 4 entertaining/encouraging matches this season so I would say the signs are, one the whole, that the football will be constantly boring if we stick with the same man, or the same type of man.

Be reasonable. I'm basing my judgements on what I have seen throughout the season, others tend to base their's on the last match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Disappointing - yes. Shameful - no.

The defending was. Absolutely. To concede 4 from that point is. You sit in tight and don't give them any room. Instead we did the exact opposite and that's what happens. 

Should never ever have happened. 

• Like 1

Just now, mod hero said:

You’ve just answered it

Hahaha okay, fair point. But it's still not an answer to the problem: we only have one right back.

I thought Choudhury played well in parts, just not when he was one-on-one.

Before everyone slates our defence (yes they’re not great) our midfield was just as bad defensively. 

We didn’t have anyone in midfield who could win the ball off the opposition and protect the back four. Iborra moving 5 yards side to side without trying to challenge the opposition isn’t protecting the back four. It’s just delaying the inevitable.

This forced our already poor defence to push forwards and press the Tottenham attackers when they got the ball, which left space in behind for runners.

Silva is a trier but someone with his skill set cannot be expected to carry the entire midfields defensive duties. 

If the plan is to sit back and counter, we need to win the ball back first. With Ndidi injured, it should have been Choudhury partnering one of Silva/Iborra.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1