Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

Don't think there's much you can say that the scoreline doesn't tell you. Going forward we were superb nearly all game. Defensively, we were horrible. To go 1-3 up in the second half and be losing on the hour mark is astoundingly bad.

I agree with whoever it was that said it was a collectively awful effort defensively. It isn't just the defenders.

With only West Ham, Watford, Stoke and Bournemouth shipping more than us this season, I think it's quite clear where our problems lie.

Although the inevitable departure of Mahrez changes everything really.

Lets just hope we've got a plan up our sleeves.

• Like 1

Can’t imagine that spurs spent much time these past few days preparing for today - similar with arsenal on Wednesday 

our inability to play with enough intensity and pushing enough players forward over the previous couple months are the questions that need to be answered. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it's a key moment in the game, not the point where you can blame him for that loss.

Some of the goals conceded when Simpson was still on the pitch were lucky or shite defending.

Was it Puel's fault that Simpson couldn't pass properly for their first? Was it Puel's fault that Fuchs diverted Lamela's shot in that was originally going wide?

Was it Puel's fault that Choudhury let Kane step in side and curl one in?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because we looked solid before that? 

Choudhury made the mistakes that cost us that game, stop trying to find a way to defend the decision, every time Spurs attacked him he got skinned.

I'm sorry but bringing him on was the turning point.

35 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Not really much point judging the defending. 

We have 1 premier league defender and the rest are now championship standard. 

I think that game will do Claude a favour and definitely won't damage his case for staying, we were attacking superbly and the play was free just as the fans demand. 

If he gets given the money to buy decent defenders in the summer I'd now happily give him the chance next season.

Why didn't he sign a right back in January? It's been fairly obvious all season Fuchs, Morgan and Simpson are players good enough for a top 10 team.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why didn't he sign a right back in January? It's been fairly obvious all season Fuchs, Morgan and Simpson are players good enough for a top 10 team.

Who can tell?

It may also be a case of nobody being available or the club unable to find one in time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Because the coach does make the signings. 

He said he wanted to strengthen the defence in January and we failed to sign anyone. 

We've employed him as a coach not a manager. For the first time in 3 managers we've actually been linked with replacements in defence instead of bench warmers. 

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Squad that looked like a crater and a big stage, and most goals came down to individual errors by aging players today.

Not Puel’s issue today. That was what we want to see, right? Attacking football!

Inagree, other then the Hamza substitution.  The thing is though, I'm not sure Puel wants tinplate this way, he has only allowed the team to go back to how we play to get the monkey off his back and basically give the fans what they want.  

If this is the case, next season will be painful with him.

However I have it on good advice he will be managing us next season

• Like 1

So typically Leicester play well go 3-1 up end up losing 5-4. We finished the season just how we started. 

Annoyed with the result but not as much as I would be if more had been riding on it. 

Guest Col city fan
43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Some fans saying you can't blame Puel for that loss, yes you bloody can because his substitution of Choudhury cost us that game.

Is that the same Choudhury that @AKCJ demanded should have started the game?

God knows how this summer is going to pan out. I have a dreadful feeling we are going to start next season and look awful. Let’s face it, we finished 9th this season not because we were much good, but because, top four aside, the level of the league has been the worst for quite some time.

I just think we need to clear SO many players out and sign better that I don’t know how we are gonna do it.

we’ll see....

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I enjoyed that game of football.  X

Same dont understand all the fuss. Everyone moans about boring games then moans when we dont win in the exciting games, even though some were saying they would take low finishes for good games. 

A point or 3 would have been nicer, but we played well and Mahrez and Vardy were magical

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

God knows how this summer is going to pan out. I have a dreadful feeling we are going to start next season and look awful. Let’s face it, we finished 9th this season not because we were much good, but because, top four aside, the level of the league has been the worst for quite some time.

I just think we need to clear SO many players out and sign better that I don’t know how we are gonna do it.

we’ll see....

Did Iborra even play? He hobbled about the pitch for 90 minutes, clearly wasn't fit and provided absolutely zero cover for the back 4. Choudhury was exceptional against Arsenal and it's scandalous that he was dropped for an injured player.

He is also a central midfielder, not a right back but you're too thick to notice.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Did Iborra even play? He hobbled about the pitch for 90 minutes, clearly wasn't fit and provided absolutely zero cover for the back 4. Choudhury was exceptional against Arsenal and it's scandalous that he was dropped for an injured player.

He is also a central midfielder, not a right back but you're too thick to notice.

? 

55 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Look at the bigger picture mate and ask yourself why have we looked good going forward?

It's alright looking good going forward against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs who were both poor defensively, they allowed us the space to play football. When it comes to facing the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, West Ham etc... it was an entirely different story, they were defensively organised, sat back, gave us no space and we couldn't break them down, the results against those teams were unacceptable, on the basis of that does he actually deserve a reprieve?

Well, I think that at the very least it shows that reports of him losing the dressing room were BS - that's the best we've looked offensively since we won the league. I'm not saying that suddenly everything in the garden is rosy, but I think he has done just enough to be given a transfer window.

• Like 1

Second successive away game we’ve conceded 5 and got zero points. It’s not about boring vs entertaining, or defensive vs attacking. It’s about being effective and winning more than games than not. Letting on 5 goals is never acceptable. Losing a second-half 3-1 lead is rarely, if ever, acceptable. We sacked Shakespeare presumably to replace him with someone who would improve us. We are no better now than we were on he opening day, despite a vastly different team and a different manager.  That was oh so fittingly illustrated by the fitting bookends to a shit season.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

we’ll see....

If he had started there wouldn't have been any questions, after his performance against Arsenal he was pretty unlucky not to start in a midfield role in today's game. When you have Benalouane on the bench though, yet decide to bring on Choudhury in an unnatural position then Puel deserves to be slated for that. It was Puel's decision to bring him on, it was Puel's decision to put him RB, nobody elses yet you have fans saying he wasn't to blame lol 

Anyway as for the rest Col, I think we've been lucky enough to come in that 7th to 10th bracket, an inconsistent team just good enough to be top ten. Next season like yourself I do worry a bit, fixing the defence should be our biggest priority, from then on who knows? Losing Mahrez seems inevitable, who we replace him with will be crucial on where we finish next season.

So many fans mention an overhaul but is it really needed? You look at our starting 11 right now you'd probably only make two changes to it, RB and Wes's CB position. The deadwood we have are mostly out on loan right now anyway. You look at players like Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Gray and Okazaki, they probably won't be first team starters next season but I'd still have them as back up.  

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Right, it's well known that good FBs, who'd want to play for us, grow on trees in January and are especially cheap to get in that window.

As much as I hate spuds all credit to them for playing the game. I do wonder what some of our nay Sayers are saying. One of the greatest prem games ever.

Noting to play for our guys gave it all. My only question is where have our players been for so long. Get off Puels back our players switched off. They turned up for two big games.

The players need sorting not the manager.

great game but the players need to grow up.

And no I've not been Puel out he needs time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Right, it's well known that good FBs, who'd want to play for us, grow on trees in January and are especially cheap to get in that window.

What are you on about? If we wanted a right back in Jan, bar one or two, we'd have got as we well this summer. 

Can't see the criticism of the manager for today though, not his fault the defence forgot how to defend. Tried to be too cute too much. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Choudhury made the mistakes that cost us that game, stop trying to find a way to defend the decision, every time Spurs attacked him he got skinned.

I'm sorry but bringing him on was the turning point.

Not defending Simpson but Tottenham came out second half and targeted him on the right. Whether he was a cry baby who wanted to hide or injured he asked to come off , pointing down to his leg.