Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Shame to lose that, at least Vardy upped his tally and we stopped Kane from getting the golden boot

Stopped lol We did everything within our power to get him the golden boot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

All the last 2 games have done is paper over the cracks puel will play boring football next season let's get him out now and let someone build a new team for next season 

I am not going to try to argue, but if he stays, I urge people who feel this way to reserve a bit of judgment until after Puel has had summer transfer window as well as a proper preseason. He has improved this team massively in terms of developing skills and confidence when they are on the ball. Yes, he comes across as an arrogant, stubborn SOB at times, but I think he is a good manager, probably as good as we are likely to get unless Benitez suddenly wants to come to Leicester, and it isn't like a number of our players aren't just as arrogant and stubborn as he is. Puel has repeatedly explained he has been evaluating players to see what they could do in different positions in preparation for the transfer window, and we should see a noticeably improved side to the one that finished 9th this season. If I believed he had permanently lost the team, I'd be wanting him out as well, but he hit rock bottom and then saw his attack score seven to close against Arsenal and Spurs. That is quite something.

But if he does go, we should be a desirable job on the back of these two most recent performances. We showed we didn't quit. We didn't let a string of mediocre results define how we closed the season. We have a number of players who are past it, we had an enormous number of injuries to first team players -- if we have Ndidi, I am certain we give up fewer goals -- and we showed some real fight despite these things. We showed we can play with teams in the t6. We have exceptional resources to spend, both financial resources as well as young talent in the u-23s to promote or sell. We have a new training ground coming to boot. We are a team well-positioned for a strong summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Buce said:

Well, I think that at the very least it shows that reports of him losing the dressing room were BS - that's the best we've looked offensively since we won the league. I'm not saying that suddenly everything in the garden is rosy, but I think he has done just enough to be given a transfer window.

As I said though in the last two games we've been given the space to play football, against the lower teams who we should be beating we've been crap. Against Arsenal we capitalised on their poor defence, because we knew full well that's their biggest weakness. Today against Spurs yet again they helped us out with some shoddy defending, they gave us the space to play which made us look good. I think the biggest positive to take today was the impact of Iheanacho, when he gets the space then everything seems to come from him in some way. Against Southampton we had a good opening ten minute spell, Iheanacho was finding the pockets, we we're unlucky not to create something, as soon as they nullified him though we went to shit. 

Edited by kingfox

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

if you score 4 away from home, you should be winning the game. Regardless of relevance i.e. dead rubber or not!

Few good goals from both sides, mental game. Shite defending all round. 

Next season could be fun.

I'd have taken 9th at the start of the season if at some point we were only gonna win 5 in 20 lol

Glad this season is over! 

Yep I agree Stan you score 4 goals away you shouldn’t be losing 

Puel has a lot to do to convince us still (if he gets the chance) 

10 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not defending Simpson but Tottenham came out second half and targeted him on the right. Whether he was a cry baby who wanted to hide or injured he asked to come off , pointing down to his leg. 

Then why bring on Choudhury who's not a RB when you have Benny on the bench?

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Probably not a popular opinion but I've seen enough in the last two games to give Puel a reprieve.

We look really good going forward - let's see what we're like when he's had a chance to buy a defence.

Against 2 teams that had a go.

What about going forward when teams turn up with 2 banks of 4 and stop us having space in behind?

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

No arguments there mate. Thought it was taking Simpson off that was some peoples problem. Hamza used to play right back but it was an experiment that didn't really work today.

Edited by l444ry

Simpson and Morgan have become terrible. Morgan has gone from best ever Leicester captain in history to also being the worst captain I have ever seen.

Poor Harry Maguire has gone from certain England starter to not so sure now since Wes Morgan came back from injury. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Either way it highlights how poor our squad balance has been this season. Beggars belief another proper right back hasn't been signed.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Simpson and Morgan have become terrible. Morgan has gone from best ever Leicester captain in history to also being the worst captain I have ever seen.

Poor Harry Maguire has gone from certain England starter to not so sure now since Wes Morgan came back from injury. 

I was never much of a fan of Danny Tiatto ;).

11 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Stopped lol We did everything within our power to get him the golden boot.

Really? I normally agree with you but that comments so wrong. Both sides played a very open game. Both sides went for it.

To say we tried to give him the boot is so disrespectful its in true.

Fuchs mistake cost us that game. But in no way do I blame him. Neutrals in my local said it. The spuds in the pub agreed.

Even the spuds said no one deserved to lose. 5-5 Was what everyone said that game was.

13 minutes ago, vanity said:

I am not going to try to argue, but if he stays, I urge people who feel this way to reserve a bit of judgment until after Puel has had summer transfer window as well as a proper preseason. He has improved this team massively in terms of developing skills and confidence when they are on the ball. Yes, he comes across as an arrogant, stubborn SOB at times, but I think he is a good manager, probably as good as we are likely to get unless Benitez suddenly wants to come to Leicester, and it isn't like a number of our players aren't just as arrogant and stubborn as he is. Puel has repeatedly explained he has been evaluating players to see what they could do in different positions in preparation for the transfer window, and we should see a noticeably improved side to the one that finished 9th this season. If I believed he had permanently lost the team, I'd be wanting him out as well, but he hit rock bottom and then saw his attack score seven to close against Arsenal and Spurs. That is quite something.

But if he does go, we should be a desirable job on the back of these two most recent performances. We showed we didn't quit. We didn't let a string of mediocre results define how we closed the season. We have a number of players who are past it, we had an enormous number of injuries to first team players -- if we have Ndidi, I am certain we give up fewer goals -- and we showed some real fight despite these things. We showed we can play with teams in the t6. We have exceptional resources to spend, both financial resources as well as young talent in the u-23s to promote or sell. We have a new training ground coming to boot. We are a team well-positioned for a strong summer.

Completely agree with this... I can see why fans may want to see him out the club but currently we are in a strong position, in terms of players and our all round structure of the team. Puel has been inconsistent in his results but has proven at times what great football he can play.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

We don't need a new manager. We need a new defence.

Totally agree.  You would 'hope' our illustrious scouting team and DOF are ready to remedy these so very obvious deficiencies we have.  Wes Morgan and Simmo should be nowhere near the starting eleven next season and they should also not be blocking out squad positions/wages for old times sake.   

We badly need a defensive coordinator to drill in how to defend, We have conceded the most goal from set pieces in the EPL plus shipped in an unacceptable tally of goals.  This along with a Mahrez replacement is top of the rebuilding list, in tandem with shipping out and cutting our losses on the numerous failures currently out on loan.   A major task lies ahead.

21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Because he's not a right back either. 

We'd already conceded three before he came on with our only recognised right back playing.

Trying to blame this all on that change is just ridiculous. We were all over the place before that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Choudhury made the mistakes that cost us that game, stop trying to find a way to defend the decision, every time Spurs attacked him he got skinned.

I'm sorry but bringing him on was the turning point.

Choudarry played RB in his youth csreer. He's clearly not a RB but he has played there before.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because he's not a right back either. 

We'd already conceded three before he came on with our only recognised right back playing.

Trying to blame this all on that change is just ridiculous. We were all over the place before that. 

But he's a better option to play there rather than Choudhury.

His change didn't help matters though did it. Everytime Spurs attacked him he got beat, his mistake was the one that cost us at least a point. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

But he's a better option to play there rather than Choudhury.

His change didn't help matters though did it. Everytime Spurs attacked him he got beat, his mistake was the one that cost us at least a point. 

I wasn't a fan of Choudhury playing right-back today, but he didn't cost us a point, he cost us a goal at max.

Shame on the rest of our defense for putting in such a half-hearted display (Maguire excluded to some extent) and our central midfield going missing for large parts of the game.

3 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Simpson was injured and benny has hardly played....  I’m glad he played Hamza to be honest. Hamza wasn’t at fault really, the criminal part was letting the two goal lead slip at 3-1. Simpson was ****ing appalling today...

I’m not one to point fingers at young players but watch that 2nd Kane goal and come back to him not being at fault.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1