Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

Let be honest, it just confirms what we all know, Fuchs, Simpson and Morgan have been great for the club but the time has come to move the club forward they need to be replaced.

We need a strong centre half like Huth who organises the back 4 and two new fullback who can defend and pass the ball.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Really? I normally agree with you but that comments so wrong. Both sides played a very open game. Both sides went for it.

To say we tried to give him the boot is so disrespectful its in true.

Fuchs mistake cost us that game. But in no way do I blame him. Neutrals in my local said it. The spuds in the pub agreed.

Even the spuds said no one deserved to lose. 5-5 Was what everyone said that game was.

It was a joke about the level of our defending. The fact you are saying it should have ended 5-5 doesn’t suggest you disagree with the standard of it on both teams.

Crazy game.  Draw would have been a fair result for both clubs whether you like those cvnts or not. Brilliant game for football fans in general. 

They definitely hate us (mutual) but the whole "back to where they belong" type attitude makes me laugh.   You can have 3rd spot you never winning crap w@nkers. I will take my league title, 9th spot and while you are at it feel free to call  me a w@nker.  

We still won the league and it stings you till this day.

Signed,

Forever a wankin thorn in your side

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not a chance

I have to say after being there at wembley I think  is about right.  A great match.  We deserved at least a draw.  I was very happy reading the team sheet.  Without Kasper and Nididi available it was our strongest lineup for sometime.

The front 4 of Vardy, Iheanacho, Marhez and Gray were excellent. Demari's mistake which cost us dearly for their 3rd goal and his subsequent subbing aside were fantastic to watch.  The pace and creativity were just what we have been craving.

The area's of concern from that and the West Ham games I have seen are firstly RB.  Simpson was poor and I think he has served us well for a  years but I think his time as first choice is over.  From what I have seen of Choudary is he is nowhere near ready for 1st team premier league football and especially as a RB.  We need a world class right back even more than a replacement CB for Wes, RB is by far the greatest need.

Next on the must list is a replacement for Kante.  We have brought in a number of Centre Midfielders who are good players, but what is clear is we don't or can't win our share of the midfield battles.  That then causes more pressure on or defence.  I thought Silva had a very good game, but lost a lot of battles with Wanyama and Sissoko who are big strong midfielders.  Iborra was ok, but didn't push himself about like a big body should have.  We miss Nididi who is the closest to Kante we have had.  We need a midfield ball winner as a must.

CB is next.  I have loved Wes from the time he started playing for us.  He will be always known as a City great. But it loos like his time has come.  Don't sell him he is important to us for more than his on field presence.  But Harry needs another partner in the centre of defence.

If we loss Marhez then with the big fee we get we should have a lot of options for a world class winger.  Diabate and gray are good fast capable young players but may not be first choice. 

We must start Vardy and Iheanacho.  Kelechi is a excellent player and should perform at a high standard if and when given more starting opportunities.  

What was gray doing for their 4th chesting it down in his own box running towards our goal? Lol

that plus the own goal, you cant really be disappointed with the game -we played well.

Edited by MPH

Just back from a great day out.  Thought we were unlucky and we took the game to them.  Was great taking the pee out of their fans and they were quiet for large parts of the game.  Is this a library etc was class.  Buy three more defenders in the Summer with some added quality in midfield and up front we will be some force next seaso 

Vardy has to partner Kane up front this Summer in the world cup Southgate were you watching.

38 minutes ago, kingfox said:

But he's a better option to play there rather than Choudhury.

His change didn't help matters though did it. Everytime Spurs attacked him he got beat, his mistake was the one that cost us at least a point. 

To be fair to Puel, he's probably trying to pick players who will be involved in the future, rather than anyone from the bomb squad, considering it's a dead rubber game. He got to see how Choudhury would handle being an emergency RB. No point playing the walking red card.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 2

Guest ttfn

Once again we look like a decent side going forward when the opposition don’t sit on the edge of their own area for the whole game.

Iheanacho’s performances in the last 2 games have been a real positive. In the past our problem has been that we’ve only had 2 goal threats in Mahrez and Vardy. It’s comforting that Iheanacho a time least looks like he might make up for Mahrez’ goals, if not his creativity.

3 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Choudhury has never been asked to defend in his life before has he?

I almsot think Puel did it on purpose so he could say 'see, if we try to score goals we will also concede loads'.

Choudhury used to play full back when he was younger

38 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Puel messed up with Choudhury at full back. Cost us today. 

It was not his fault that Gray played like a donkey. We basically had 10 men until he went off. 

Shame as we deserved at least a point. 

Hamza used to be a rb when he was younger, considering when  played Benny there, he played as a RM half the time being further forward than Mahrez. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

But he's a better option to play there rather than Choudhury.

His change didn't help matters though did it. Everytime Spurs attacked him he got beat, his mistake was the one that cost us at least a point. 

Or Grays header, or an offside goal, or Simpson presenting Kane the ball, or an unlucky deflection. Pinning a result on one person when we'd conceded three without him is just silly. Plenty of mistakes happening from lots of players cost us.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Let be honest, it just confirms what we all know, Fuchs, Simpson and Morgan have been great for the club but the time has come to move the club forward they need to be replaced.

We need a strong centre half like Huth who organises the back 4 and two new fullback who can defend and pass the ball.

Shaw, Smalling, Damian 

job done splash

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

To be fair to Puel, he's probably trying to pick players who will be involved in the future, rather than anyone from the bomb squad, considering it's a dead rubber game. He got to see how Choudhury would handle being an emergency RB. No point playing the walking red card.

......don't  think that was just an experiment to ascertain if he could play as a backup right back, just one of Puels' poor judgement and lack of knowledge of his players. This guy sees these players in training almost everyday and still is not aware of the limitations of his squad. This constant eulogising of Puel in respect of the use of young players is now getting out of hand, the lack of availability of the senior players due to injury, suspension or loaned out  is the reason for the inclusions not to do with any great perception.