Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 5 (FIVE) - Leicester 4 (FOUR)

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Was having a beer in the Novotel before the game and saw Gazza signing autographs for 60 quid a go.

Looks about 80 years old, all shuffly...

..sad as  

Gazza or not, I find it pathetic that celebrities charge for signing sessions/photographs. Loads of musicians/bands do it and it annoys the fvck out of me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Or Grays header, or an offside goal, or Simpson presenting Kane the ball, or an unlucky deflection. Pinning a result on one person when we'd conceded three without him is just silly. Plenty of mistakes happening from lots of players cost us.

Yes and I did class our performance as good going forward, horrendous at the back.

Choudhury made the key mistakes that cost us the game, the decision to bring him on in that position was clearly the wrong one.

Gray made an error, Simpson made an error but Choudhury as soon as he came on made mistake after mistake, one of which proved to be crucial.

Just now, StanSP said:

Gazza or not, I find it pathetic that celebrities charge for signing sessions/photographs. Loads of musicians/bands do it and it annoys the fvck out of me.

Supply and demand, mate. Depends how desperate you want a signature/photo.

Don't be annoyed!

As for the game today, was fun to report on from a work perspective - I was earning my money with the goal updates - but the result was obviously mehhhhhh.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Don't be annoyed!

As for the game today, was fun to report on from a work perspective - I was earning my money with the goal updates - but the result was obviously mehhhhhh.

it's extortion!!

£60 :o 

5 hours ago, Callabinho said:

A shit end to a frankly pathetic season. Defensively as solid as the titanic. Came to wave goodbye to some of the shit we’re currently letting fester...

We are not relegated so not quite a shit season. I don't think today was a good result, if the players accept results like today then we will be relegation fodder next season. But by all means not a pathetic season by any means. Underachieving yes 

Just now, esoog said:

We are not relegated so not quite a shit season. I don't think today was a good result, if the players accept results like today then we will be relegation fodder next season. But by all means not a pathetic season by any means. Underachieving yes 

don't think anyone has said today is a good result.

but parts of the performance were very pleasing and scoring 4 is always a good thing.

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Don't be annoyed!

I don’t think it’s how desperate a fan wants a signature,for anyone to charge is disgusting ,and given the fact he’s an alcoholic all he’s doing is feeding his addiction with others hard earned cash

Edited by Russell sprout

First game all season that I didn't watch. Conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes after going 3-1 up is utterly criminal. :nigel:

Interesting to see that over the season we scored 8 more than any other team outside the top 6 and 10+ more than the rest, whilst conceding more than all but 4 teams, including 2 of the bottom 3. Defence clearly needs a big upgrade. Would like to see us poach Mawson from Swansea for one. 

42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......don't  think that was just an experiment to ascertain if he could play as a backup right back, just one of Puels' poor judgement and lack of knowledge of his players. This guy sees these players in training almost everyday and still is not aware of the limitations of his squad. This constant eulogising of Puel in respect of the use of young players is now getting out of hand, the lack of availability of the senior players due to injury, suspension or loaned out  is the reason for the inclusions not to do with any great perception.

I'm hardly eulogising Puel. I'm just saying I would have done the same in his shoes. The result doesn't matter, so why not learn something about the players you plan to use in the next season? As you acknowledge, options are limited, so I can't see what other choice he had, other than Benny, who I'm sure he knows will not feature next season and will also likely get himself an early bath.

I'm no fan of Puel, but I don't think criticising him for the decision to put Choudhury at RB when we're way past bare bones in that position is fair.

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights on MOTD.

Simpson was clearly still carrying a knock, nowhere near full match fitness. You could tell by his movements on the pitch and the lack of acceleration on the first few yards.

What was Morgan doing that high up on the pitch for Spurs' first? Look at how quickly he stops tracking back, legs are gone.

Why was Fuchs in the middle of the pitch for Spurs' third?

And to the ones claiming Spurs' second was offside - judging by the MOTD highlights, Fuchs seemed to be on the same level.

Edited by MC Prussian

3 of today's back 4 should never play for us again. Simpson's downturn in form has been utterly staggering. We always knew he had limitations but he has always been reliable defensively but now he is just appalling. He's not even good enough to be back up next season and needs selling along with Morgan and fuchs needs to go to America now and not next year. We need a complete defensive overhaul. Next season looks bright from an attacking point though. We played some lovely stuff again  today and scored some great goals. I felt spurs' goals were all down to horrible defending/keeping from us whereas we actually scored some great goals. 

4 hours ago, Gerbold said:

There's really no satisfying a good number of you negative posters. I know there's no such thing as an absolutely objective assessment of this or any other game but I felt the team had acquitted themselves very, very well. This was against a team which has finished third, has the fourth highest goal differencen (+), and has conceded the third least number of goals. I expected a bad loss today - instead the true score was 3-4 in our favour. One very unfortunate in-off from Fuchs and a silly mistake from Gray. Our boys entertained us in a magical way for the last two games. You don't score multiple goals against teams like the Arse and Spurs without a bit of quality in the side. What about the pluses today? Gray moved up a level. Maguire was immense and, no, he won't be left out of the England squad. Fuchs had another fine game - yes - he wasn't to blame for the goal - it was just travelling too fast to avoid. Silva had another good game.

All you twots who are whingeing on about "what happens if we come up against a team who're set up to stymie us".  Well, what if the sun goes super-nova tomorrow? It's negative thinking of the direst order. In fact I'm f**king sick of reading this dross.

All good points, but the Sun doesn't have enough mass to supernova. Will instead swell to a red giant and then the Sun's atmosphere will be lost and it will shrink to a white dwarf.

I mean Puel Out.

Edited by Beechey

What a game. Proabaly the most enjoyable one of ours since 2014. For neutrals anyway. Strange to concede 5 goals and be content with the performance.

A bit sidetracked today with the return of the GAA championships in Ireland and trying to watch both at the same time.

Thought we played very well and were a bit unlucky not to get a draw at least.At long last we've started games more positively. Morgan and Simpson were the weak links and after today surely we wont have them starting regularly. Had we a stronger defence spurs wouldnt have played it around like they did from goals 2-4. A new RB/CB are paramount now. Though Fuchs has played well the last 2 games to be fair to him. On borrowed time yes but he still is effective.

We were sensational at times from midfield up. Some of our play was very smart and created a lot of chances. The goals were magnificent. Gray, Mahrez and Nachoman have had their critics but today was collectively the best they have all played together.   

Vahrez/Mardy has been very kind to us and its a shame they wont play together for us again. It was good while it lasted.

I was ready to kick claude out myself after the Palace disaster but the last 2 games has made me reconsider. Think its worth giving him the first 10 games next season to sort it out. We have enough about us not to be relegated at our best so its worth a gamble.

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Looking forward to next season.

Iheanacho and Vardy will score 20+ 

You know, I've really warmed to Iheanacho this past two games. He's been a bit part of our improvement going forward.

I think he's slowly but surely getting there.

• Like 1

I see what's happened today as pump priming for the summer and next campaign.

Puel's term to now has exposed much of what is not right about the club. Now's the time to fix those problems, and I believe that they will get fixed. It's hard to do repairs when you can't settle things down and really get to work on it.

Edited by UPinCarolina

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

First game all season that I didn't watch. Conceding 3 goals in 12 minutes after going 3-1 up is utterly criminal. :nigel:

Interesting to see that over the season we scored 8 more than any other team outside the top 6 and 10+ more than the rest, whilst conceding more than all but 4 teams, including 2 of the bottom 3. Defence clearly needs a big upgrade. Would like to see us poach Mawson from Swansea for one. 

We are exceedingly close to challenging for t6. We had the attack to do so this season, but the criminal lack of player effort and suspect personnel decisions by our stubborn, arrogant manager doomed us to the status of also-rans. But if we replace some of the older players with Puel-types, players who can actually execute his gameplan, we may discover ourselves right in the thick of the race for Europe once again next season. 

Look, I'm an optimist, and none of us know the right call with Puel. At this point, firing a manager per season is not the way to build a contending team. I'll take the devil we know, and I will hope that we have adequate roster turnover to end the players getting lazy when they want a manager fired. It's a way for them to escape blame for their play, and it has grown as stale as this squad. Time for change.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You know, I've really warmed to Iheanacho this past two games. He's been a bit part of our improvement going forward.

I think he's slowly but surely getting there.

What is the deal with his goal celebrations? He seems to shrug off teammates when he scores.

Won’t see too many like that in the Premier League. Perhaps a bit naive in defence, particularly at 3-1 up, but much rather lose 4-3 like that than 1-0 and never look like scoring.

How lucky were Spurs? One goal given to them on a plate (Simpson), one offside and an own goal from Fuchs.

One of the best performances from Gray that I can recall. Vardy, Nacho and Mahrez standouts, and good showing from Silva though still gets caught in posession sometimes and needs to be quicker.

Choudhury not a right back IMHO.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1