Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Most expensive right backs or full backs.

Hi Guys,

Since we have just spent a wedge on a new right back, it made me wonder what other teams have spent on them. I am guessing £20 million must be quite high up in the records spent on that position. Does anyone have the info on where he stands on the list or even the list of full backs entirely.

let me know.

ta

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

They really are being tight about Mahrez

I have said all along, it’s about how much a player is worth to the club. Mahrez is worth £75mill (?) to us.... but only 60 immediate value to Man City, hence add ons. He is better than Van Dijk in his position but VD (teehee) is worth more to Liverpool than Mahrez would be, hence the inflated price tag. It is no longer about a player’s value in reference to the market but about who wants him. Realistically we should get 65 + add ons and maybe Roberts. 

15 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

They really are being tight about Mahrez

Laughable really that teams fall over themselves to chuck £50m at French clubs for their players, knowing they could flop in our league. Yet paying more for someone proven in our league is scoffed at.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I have said all along, it’s about how much a player is worth to the club. Mahrez is worth £75mill (?) to us.... but only 60 immediate value to Man City, hence add ons. He is better than Van Dijk in his position but VD (teehee) is worth more to Liverpool than Mahrez would be, hence the inflated price tag. It is no longer about a player’s value in reference to the market but about who wants him. Realistically we should get 65 + add ons and maybe Roberts. 

There is defo truth in this.  Look at Slimani (for the  record, I dont think he is a bad player):  we needed another striker because of our CL campaign.  They knew we were desperate to strengthen and it was always going to be difficult for us, us being Leicester, so they ripped us off a bit.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Laughable really that teams fall over themselves to chuck £50m at French clubs for their players, knowing they could flop in our league. Yet paying more for someone proven in our league is scoffed at.

Having said what I just said in response to Tagger, Mahrez is very arguably worth 75 mill plus to anyone, his goals and assist stats and sexy capability, proven in prem etc.. should put his price that high.  It does seem a case of us being Leicester people think we should have a ceiling on our selling rates.  If Mahrez had the kind of stats he has playing for Spurs he would go for 100 million

If nobody wants him badly enough to pay a market rate then we dont need to sell.

The only reason we have to talk about selling him for less than that is because Mahrez keeps throwing toys out the pram

lets just 100% assume the Thais have the exact same feelings and mahrez as we do.. - the probably laugh at the offers as well. Its only the papers who say  'Mahrez deal close' 

Edited by les-tah