Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Players that support Leicester

13 hours ago, baker11 said:

Barnes perhaps?

Choudhury seems to refer to us 'as my local team' rather than one he supports.

10 hours ago, Wookie said:

Barnes does, there was a video of him where he says that it was his dream as a kid.

Not sure if Harvey Barnes is, as his Dad is a Man Utd fan.

Josh Knight and his family are Leicester fans I believe.

Carl Heggs used to play for Northampton Town was a Leicester fan as was Nicky Platnauer who eventually played for us at the end of his career.

Scott Eustace was also a Leicester fan. Never made the break through at Leicester and went on to play for Cambridge Utd amongst others. Think Guy Branston was too.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

As this thread seems to be mentioning retired players as well... I read years ago that Craig Forrest (the goalkeeper that played for Ipswich & West Ham), despite growing up in Canada, actually supported Leicester City as a relative (his uncle?) had played for us decades ago...

I sometimes catch feeds from Sportsnet in Canada & he often pops up on the panel, so not as obscure as it sounds at first!

On 29/05/2018 at 08:34, MC Prussian said:

I could never really figure out whether Lineker's love or affection for us, especially during the title-winning season, is/was genuine - after all, he spent most of his playing career away from home.

Never shone through up until then from what I remember.

Then again, I suppose from a TV commentator/host's point of view, you've got to bite the bullet and remain impartial most of the time.

That's a bit unfair.

Lifelong fan, I remember reading about him as a young boy being driven home in tears after we lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup semi final.  

He  became a world class striker.  It would be weird if he stayed here to be honest, fan or not.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2018 at 17:40, Leicesterpool said:

Julian Joachim I believe. Still playing footy I think at 43. 

Unlikely.  He's from Peterboro.

Andy Peake perhaps?  Grew up in Mkt Harborough.

Edited by murphy