Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Players that support Leicester

Think there's a distinction between players that have fallen in love with the club (from Lloyd Dyer to the Birch) and players that were actual childhood fans. 

The latter seems to be pretty rare. I highly doubt King was, for example, I mean why would he be? 

Even half the Leicester born lads that have come through seem to have been raised glory supporters. lol

• Like 2

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Gary Lineker? :D

I could never really figure out whether Lineker's love or affection for us, especially during the title-winning season, is/was genuine - after all, he spent most of his playing career away from home.

Never shone through up until then from what I remember.

Then again, I suppose from a TV commentator/host's point of view, you've got to bite the bullet and remain impartial most of the time.

13 hours ago, baker11 said:

Swear Moore's youth coach said he was an Arsenal fan on here.

I used to play football with him down our local park as his cousin was from Anstey, I vaguely remember him being a United fan but could be wrong. Beating him at heads and volleys/cuppies remains a low flying achievement of mine. 

Can't for the life of me remember the name of a striker who played for Derby and Cov a handful of times and is probably at somewhere the like the Nomads now who supports Leicester, must be around 24-26. 

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Barnes perhaps?

Choudhury seems to refer to us 'as my local team' rather than one he supports.

Barnes does, there was a video of him where he says that it was his dream as a kid.

48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The whole world was a fan in 2016.

Interesting isn't it - I have been mulling that over, and it was a classic example of people wanting to support the winning team, whilst holding onto their primary allegiance. Then of course, that meant they all felt entitled to an educated opinion on our demise and how it should be dealt with, as if they actually gave a f**k. It is/was the equivalent of all the sad cases who latched onto Liverpool when I was at school, and pretty insulting really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Guiza said:

I used to play football with him down our local park as his cousin was from Anstey, I vaguely remember him being a United fan but could be wrong. Beating him at heads and volleys/cuppies remains a low flying achievement of mine. 

Can't for the life of me remember the name of a striker who played for Derby and Cov a handful of times and is probably at somewhere the like the Nomads now who supports Leicester, must be around 24-26. 

Callum Ball. Well known family around the Beamount Leys, Mowarce Hill area.

• Thanks 1