Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Who Do You Think Will Win the World Cup?

World Cup 2018 Winner  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

Brazil, Germany and Spain probably favourites.

France, Argentina in the next band to threaten the most.

Can't think that anyone else will get further and upset the odds in the fashion that Greece did in Euro 2004...

Have gone for Brazil, but haven't a clue, really.

Reasons:

1) Brazil qualified with impressive ease in the very difficult South American group

2) Their motivation will surely be even greater than usual, due to their 1-7 exit last time? I suppose that memory could put them under too much pressure, but it will be almost a matter of national pride to win, given how important football is in Brazil.

3)  I just don't see any obviously outstanding teams. How good are the Germans, really, or the Spanish? They're both decent teams in transition, not outstanding, it seems.

There are always teams that just time it right and click at a World Cup. Which might those be? France? Portugal (Ronaldo's last chance)? Argentina (Messi's last chance)? But, apart from Argentina in 1986, the World Cup is usually won by a strong team, not an average team with an exceptional individual. Belgium seem to have several good individuals, but can they gel as a team? If England can avoid defensive disasters, they have enough attacking threat to make the Quarters or even Semis, I think. Uruguay or Colombia might go a long way, maybe Serbia.

Hard to spot a country beyond Europe and South America that will do well - though I'm sure some will make the last 16, at least. The CONCACAF qualifiers look weak this time, including Mexico. Australia don't seem as strong as in the past - and none of the African or Asian sides stand out......maybe Egypt if Salah is fit and their defence solid, or South Korea? 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

You’re a handsome bloke Oz ..  (slightly big ears and could do with a shave) ...   but ...    who do you think will win the World Cup ?? ...    :)

That's a bit of a cheek, coming from someone who looks like a complete dog! :whistle:

• Haha 1