Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

And England might think they’re being dynamic and modern playing 1 up front but they are merely wasting their best assets - the two strikers.

As much as he and his mate Dele might not like Vardy, Kane is seriously isolated without a proper strike partner in this system - just as Vardy always is when Southgate picks him up front on his own.

This isn’t Wembley anymore, this is the actual World Cup and England will be shown up for their brain dead tactics and club cliques.

• Like 2

That'll do, needed to get the win at any costs. I think Rashford and RLC should start over Sterling and Lingard who had the most alarming number of mishits and air shots I've ever seen in a match. 

Kane's finish for that 2nd was a disgrace. 

The line up is doggo. We’re playing with one CM! (Alli is not a CM). Also eventually a better team will catch Walker out who is not a CB, probably the Belgians. 

Either Delph or Loftus-Cheek should partner Henderson and then Sterling or Rashford behind Vardy and Kane in a 3-4-1-2:

Pickford

Maguire, Stones, Cahill

Walker, Henderson, Delph, Rose

Sterling

Vardy, Kane

Christ that line up is also muck (too many Spurs players) but probably the best we got! 

Edited by Shane

Leicester centre half lays on assist for ex Leicester loanee to score winner. Arise two Harrys your knighthoods await. 

to to be honest Hendo, Trippier and Stones were good and the two subs did ok too.

Just now, Kitchandro said:

And England might think they’re being dynamic and modern playing 1 up front but they are merely wasting their best assets - the two strikers.

As much as he and his mate Dele might not like Vardy, Kane is seriously isolated without a proper strike partner in this system - just as Vardy always is when Southgate picks him up front on his own.

This isn’t Wembley anymore, this is the actual World Cup and England will be shown up for their brain dead tactics and club cliques.

I don't see us being any more dangerous with Vardy alongside as neither of them will play a different type of role needed to play in a front two. 

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Seriously, Southgate needs to learn from this and not paper over the cracks, persisting with dogshite like lingard. If you'd not been bailed out that would have been all because of his subs

what the fu ck we played superbly could’ve scored about 15 times they had no attempts and we won 

HOPE HE LEARNS FROM THIS 

That felt like justice served. Wonderful play by England in the 1st half and a ref letting the Tunesians get away with their spoil tactics. Think you guys might do better than normal in this World Cup, but Lingard really needs to find his shooting boots.

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

To be fair to kane. He's a bloody good player. 

He's a brilliant finisher. One of the best I've seen for England in my lifetime. Thank Christ we have him otherwise we'd be royally fvcked.