Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

I think England need to realise that referees on the continent are pretty poor that is the issue, Walker did nothing wrong but experienced international players who know this type of referring don’t put their arm above the waist 

this is is an England team with a heart and desire though no giving up

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

what the fu ck we played superbly could’ve scored about 15 times they had no attempts and we won 

HOPE HE LEARNS FROM THIS 

Could have but didn't, because he persisted with players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Seriously, I'd have backed any member of this forum to bury at least one of the chances lingard had. He was dirge but got left on for ages. Sterling was just killing attacks with his wastefulness and stayed on too long. Southgates subs were abysmally timed and planned. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

He's a brilliant finisher. One of the best I've seen for England in my lifetime. Thank Christ we have him otherwise we'd be royally fvcked. 

Yes - he tapped those in brilliantly.

3 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Very disappointing, but not surprising. We always make hard work for ourselves. Big improvement needed for the Belgium match.

I've seen quite a few World cups. A win in the first game? I have no complaints.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Could have but didn't, because he persisted with players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Seriously, I'd have backed any member of this forum to bury at least one of the chances lingard had. He was dirge but got left on for ages. Sterling was just killing attacks with his wastefulness and stayed on too long. Southgates subs were abysmally timed and planned. 

chatting bare shite 

Great start. Should have put them away early on. Didn’t have any problems with the system at all initially as it looked like we were going to make bucket loads of chances. Even if they didn’t finish, Alli and Sterling caused all sorts of issues. Cannot fault Southgate at the start. 

However, it went down hill with the penalty. We were far too naive against a cleverly sneaky Tunisia side. They had a game plan to

rustle us and combine that with a weak ref they nearly got away with it. 

Southgate needed to take Alli off at the half and bring on Loftus-Cheek. His energy improved the side so much. It’s a toss up to either bring on Vardy or Rashford for Sterling but Loftus-Cheek definitely had the best impact for me.

I never thought I’d say it but thank god Harry Kane is a sneaky goal poacher. Didn’t do much at all, but was at the right place when we needed him.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Just when I thought England had lost all hope and asked myself who that guy up front in red is and why the heck Vardy isn‘t on, the bloody mouthbreather comes along again.

Well done, England! Done a bit of a Denmark here.

Other than that, Sterling, Lingard, Alli, Walker, Rashford all (major) disappointments.

A bit of a Denmark? Denmark were outplayed and Kasper saved them. England should have won by 4 or 5.

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

And England might think they’re being dynamic and modern playing 1 up front but they are merely wasting their best assets - the two strikers.

As much as he and his mate Dele might not like Vardy, Kane is seriously isolated without a proper strike partner in this system - just as Vardy always is when Southgate picks him up front on his own.

This isn’t Wembley anymore, this is the actual World Cup and England will be shown up for their brain dead tactics and club cliques.

Couldn't agree more, well said.

I know it's fashionable to be down on England but I thought overall it was a good display. They created lots of chances and kept the ball moving. Only criticsm is the over reliance on Kane for goals. Sterling, Lingard and Alli need to contribute with goals.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I know it's fashionable to be down on England but I thought overall it was a good display. They created lots of chances and kept the ball moving. Only criticsm is the over reliance on Kane for goals. Sterling, Lingard and Alli need to contribute with goals.

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

never thought I’d say it but thank god Harry Kane is a sneaky goal poacher. Didn’t do much at all, but was at the right place when we needed him.

Agreed with you on that, he didn’t do much but won’t get criticism because of the goals also i don’t think it’s right myself but seen on Twitter apparently he ran the furthest for England tonight