Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

We've got lucky with that win in the end even though it should have been over within the first 30 minutes, ref was shite they made it hard and second half we hardly created anything clinical.

Overall we have got the 3 points which is the main thing but it was close to turning to shit.. Vardy should be in there full stop

23 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Just when I thought England had lost all hope and asked myself who that guy up front in red is and why the heck Vardy isn‘t on, the bloody mouthbreather comes along again.

Well done, England! Done a bit of a Denmark here.

Other than that, Sterling, Lingard, Alli, Walker, Rashford all (major) disappointments.

Except England did a Peru with marginally better finishing.

Besides, you make it sound like it's a bad thing lol

I'm relaxed, this team will shit house all day long if it needs to. I hope to see underperformers replaced if needs be, but it's the first game let's not let past experiences cloud things. 

Players places under scrutiny are Sterling, Lingard and Alli. Thankfully we have Rashford, Loftus-Cheek and hopefully Vardy who could be given the opportunity to stake a claim. Southgate must make sure he's a quick and unflustered thinker as the rest of this side picks itself and can and will do fairly well. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sterling and lingard don’t help Kane we have better in Rashford and Vardy 

JVs speed of thought and anticipation is light years ahead. - he's a proper striker .sterling lingard and Ali looked perplexed as the ball was crossed in and then stood on it or totally snatched at it 

Mixed emotions tonight. On chances created we deserve the win but we play with so much naivety that we nearly drew to a very average side

Kane will obviously get the plaudits despite doing nothing for the majority of the game. Mixed bag for Maguire but he popped up with the assist at the end and could’ve set up 3 or 4 more if our finishing wasn’t so abysmal. Hopeful we sharpen up as the tournament progresses

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Agreed with you on that, he didn’t do much but won’t get criticism because of the goals also i don’t think it’s right myself but seen on Twitter apparently he ran the furthest for England tonight 

He won’t get critised, but while I’ll moan about his lack of overall effort, I won’t complain too much if he keeps getting the winning goal. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Sad but true...

I'm furious that the likes of Alli never passing to him is ignored and I hoped to see at least a cameo from Vardy tonight but nope...

2nd highest scoring English player in the PL and proven as a better finisher than Lingard and Sterling!?? It'll be criminal if he doesn't get on the pitch this World Cup and still criminal if he is only brought on in the knock out stages as a last resort which it probably would be knowing Southgate.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

I know it's fashionable to be down on England but I thought overall it was a good display. They created lots of chances and kept the ball moving. Only criticsm is the over reliance on Kane for goals. Sterling, Lingard and Alli need to contribute with goals.

It was good except in the final third. Incredibly wasteful, and had Kane not scored Southgate would have been entirely to blame for persisting with Alli, Lingard and Sterling, all whom were poor in that final third, for so long

11 minutes ago, shen said:

Except England did a Peru with marginally better finishing.

Besides, you make it sound like it's a bad thing lol

Nothing wrong about shithousing yourself to a World Cup win. Jammy as the French and Danish! ;)

Great performance by the three lions, lot more positives than negatives. First half we were total control and should have been 2 or 3 up! but some poor finishing and dodgy refereeing let us down. Second half dominated again, but I dunno lacked the spark in the second half seem to run out of steam but just in the nick of time, Kane gives us a well deserved winner set up by our very own Harry Maguire. Good coverage from the BBC yep they praised Kane for his goals but didn't go over the top with it like ITV would have, they highlighted everybody.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

I know he didn't score but IMHO Lingard played pretty well - thought Alli made some great runs but was slowed by his injury. I thought Sterling was crap as usual, he just falls to pieces when he pulls on the England shirt. Hope Southgate has a look at (preferably) Vardy or Rashford as they're both better players right now.

Edited by Paddy.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Thought we actually played quite well. 

I'd drop lingard and Henderson in place of loftus-cheek and dier personally but thought on the whole we played well. 

Chuffed for Maguire. 

Henderson was excellent tonight! Are you mad.

Four changes next time out. Young, Alli, Sterling and Lingard out for Rose, Rashford, Vardy and Loftus-Cheek.