Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Vardys strength is running behind defenders,clearly Tunisia weren't going to give any space behind.Rashford ran at defenders that's the difference. I wish people would stop thinking that there's some sort of conspiracy against Leicester players. If vardy didn't play for us nobody would be demanding he starts.

He really isn't just about getting in behind though, he's a lot more versatile than the pundits give him credit for, and having seen him play for us I'm surprised you're parroting their nonsense. He is unarguably one of the best goalscorers in the world. Plays for us or not he's got 20+ in the league in two of the last three seasons, only one where he didn't was when we flirted with relegation. If you're not calling for him to start then you're a fool tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

He really isn't just about getting in behind though, he's a lot more versatile than the pundits give him credit for, and having seen him play for us I'm surprised you're parroting their nonsense. He is unarguably one of the best goalscorers in the world. Plays for us or not he's got 20+ in the league in two of the last three seasons, only one where he didn't was when we flirted with relegation. If you're not calling for him to start then you're a fool tbh

For his size he's got really good hold up play aswell

41 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Like I say 5 is harsh. But then mcnulty has used a harsh scoring system I think Trippier only got 7 and he was an utter nusence to Tunisia all evening. He did a lot of things right Maguire.

But you  can’t  carry on getting caught in possession like he did a couple of times and passing to your opponents feet in 20 yards of space in your own half at this level and not end up on the back page for all the wrong reasons. Still it was his first major tournament game hopefully he builds on the positives.

I'm with your original comment though, very similar to what is said a lot last season some very basic stuff went overlooked. 

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Rashford has looked a threat when give his chance though. 

Tbh either way as long as Raheem isn’t rolled out as a central striker again I’m delighted. The lads a liability needs 87 chances to score a goal and we can’t affotd to waste chances:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh stop propagating the same shit myths. 

Vardy scores plenty of goals just by being the first to react. His last goal of the season was a near post flick on header. Incidentally so was his first, wasn't it? That's fun symmetry. 

The man scores all sorts of goals because he's an extremely capable and versatile finisher. I can almost sympathise with an idiot like Michael Owen saying he's a one trick pony because he sees Vardy play probably twice a year. 

Hearing Leicester fans put him down and write him off is just mind boggling. 

This "Vardy only runs in behind" shit is ridiculous.

Has Vardy score a single one of his seven England goals by running in one on one? 

He scored against Wales when you were desperate for a goal in the euros by being the first to react in the box, he scored against Germany with a clever flick from a cross, he scored with a close range finish off a set piece for you recently in a friendly against Italy I think, he scored from point blank after a goal mouth scramble from a corner against Turkey. 

He scored a diving header from a cross against Spain. He scored a five yard tap in against the Netherlands from a cross. He scored a close range goal against Lithuania with a tidy finish after a close passing England move. 

Seriously. Every single goal for England he gets just by being an instinctive penalty box finisher with good movement, touch and finishing in limited space. 

He's exactly what you needed buzzing in and around the box instead of Sterling or Lingard who can't finish their dinner. 

Seriously, stop reinforcing the same shit myth that the press are drolling out. Its rubbish. They have an excuse, they watch united more than us because united have more fans and generate more public interest than us. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's the business of supply and demand and its fair. 

But you as a Leicester fan should know better and Southgate as the national manager should know better. The fact he doesn't is exactly why you barely beat Tunisia and exactly why you won't win anything. 

Scout all of your players properly, pick on form, don't leave a man with 20+ league goals on the bench just because he plays for a shit club and play a system that meets the strengths of your better players. 

But for the love of God stop ****ing saying that Vardy is only good at getting in behind because it's complete and total horse shit. 

He's not known for dribbling around defenders, he beats them with pace. He had a chance against Costa Rica and didn't do anything. I love the guy but lets not pretend he's the answer to every problem that England have.

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Vardy scores plenty of goals just by being the first to react. His last goal of the season was a near post flick on header. Incidentally so was his first, wasn't it? That's fun symmetry. 

The man scores all sorts of goals because he's an extremely capable and versatile finisher. I can almost sympathise with an idiot like Michael Owen saying he's a one trick pony because he sees Vardy play probably twice a year. 

Has Vardy score a single one of his seven England goals by running in one on one? 

He scored against Wales when you were desperate for a goal in the euros by being the first to react in the box, he scored against Germany with a clever flick from a cross, he scored with a close range finish off a set piece for you recently in a friendly against Italy I think, he scored from point blank after a goal mouth scramble from a corner against Turkey. 

He scored a diving header from a cross against Spain. He scored a five yard tap in against the Netherlands from a cross. He scored a close range goal against Lithuania with a tidy finish after a close passing England move. 

Seriously. Every single goal for England he gets just by being an instinctive penalty box finisher with good movement, touch and finishing in limited space. 

He's exactly what you needed buzzing in and around the box instead of Sterling or Lingard who can't finish their dinner. 

Seriously, stop reinforcing the same shit myth that the press are drolling out. Its rubbish. They have an excuse, they watch united more than us because united have more fans and generate more public interest than us. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's the business of supply and demand and its fair. 

But you as a Leicester fan should know better and Southgate as the national manager should know better. The fact he doesn't is exactly why you barely beat Tunisia and exactly why you won't win anything. 

Scout all of your players properly, pick on form, don't leave a man with 20+ league goals on the bench just because he plays for a shit club and play a system that meets the strengths of your better players. 

But for the love of God stop ****ing saying that Vardy is only good at getting in behind because it's complete and total horse shit. 

Did you forget his actual last goal of the season then? :giggle: 

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Open letter to Southgate?

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fvcking hell!

All Webbo said is that Vardys ‘strength’ is running in behind defenders and you’ve gone and ripped him a new one! lol

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

He's not known for dribbling around defenders, he beats them with pace. He had a chance against Costa Rica and didn't do anything. I love the guy but lets not pretend he's the answer to every problem that England have.

Who said anything about dribbling round defenders? What has dribbling round defenders got to do with beating a well organised defence? How many defenders did Kane dribble round yesterday? He scored two goals that were identical to goals Vardy has scored for England, penalty box poaching. 

Stop arguing back with me purely because its me and you think you have to be contrary on the Internet, just put your hand up, say "fair point, I'm chatting rubbish" and move on. This isn't opinion, it's fact backed up with evidence. 

Vardy followed out his orders against Costa Rica, he stayed on the shoulder of the last defender, pinned the defensive line and kept three of them busy at any given time. This then left Rashford to operate deep in the space that he'd created. 

Vardy was as important to that England win as Okazaki has been to plenty of ours, by selflessly creating space. 

Did that require world class talent? No, anyone with pace and a reputation for using it could have done that, it wasn't a world class performance. But it's also the performance he was almost certainly asked to put in and he shouldn't be derided for it. 

Seriously, if you're playing two strikers, Vardy should be one of them. End of. 

Play one? Play Kane, I'm not denying that at all. But don't come here with that "Vardy can't do what X or Y striker can do" when literally all of his England goals have been classic poacher finishes. 

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Finners has got a point, put Vardy in Sterling or Lingard's place when they had their chances last night and it's going in.

This is what Southgate needs to realise hopefully he already does and is just saving him for a bit later on (he dreams)

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Fvcking hell!

All Webbo said is that Vardys ‘strength’ is running in behind defenders and you’ve gone and ripped him a new one! lol

I am just so ****ing fed up on here of the following:

Listening to shit opinions from people that don't actually watch games. 

Listening to people put down the few players we have that are good because they think, what, they're being edgy or contrary or because they like to think they're being wise and impartial or whatever it is? 

Just a load of crap. 

You have objective criticism of Vardy that you can evidence and prove? Let's discuss it. You're going to keep coming out with the same myths you read in the Sun or the Mail regardless of how wrong they are? Damn right I'm gonna tear it down. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Who said anything about dribbling round defenders? What has dribbling round defenders got to do with beating a well organised defence? How many defenders did Kane dribble round yesterday? He scored two goals that were identical to goals Vardy has scored for England, penalty box poaching. 

Stop arguing back with me purely because its me and you think you have to be contrary on the Internet, just put your hand up, say "fair point, I'm chatting rubbish" and move on. This isn't opinion, it's fact backed up with evidence. 

Vardy followed out his orders against Costa Rica, he stayed on the shoulder of the last defender, pinned the defensive line and kept three of them busy at any given time. This then left Rashford to operate deep in the space that he'd created. 

Vardy was as important to that England win as Okazaki has been to plenty of ours, by selflessly creating space. 

Did that require world class talent? No, anyone with pace and a reputation for using it could have done that, it wasn't a world class performance. But it's also the performance he was almost certainly asked to put in and he shouldn't be derided for it. 

Seriously, if you're playing two strikers, Vardy should be one of them. End of. 

Play one? Play Kane, I'm not denying that at all. But don't come here with that "Vardy can't do what X or Y striker can do" when literally all of his England goals have been classic poacher finishes. 

I thought it was you who quoted me originally? I don't know if you've ever noticed this finners but I argue with a lot of people, you're nothing special.

Vardy wouldn't have improve our team last night, the starting line up and subs made were based on tactics, not some plot against Leicester City.

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Fvcking hell!

lol 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought it was you who quoted me originally? I don't know if you've ever noticed this finners but I argue with a lot of people, you're nothing special.

Vardy wouldn't have improve our team last night, the starting line up and subs made were based on tactics, not some plot against Leicester City.

I've just said it's not a plot against Leicester. Read, Webster, or don't respond. 

Vardy would certainly have improved the starting line up last night, by playing Sterling in Lingard's role (or not at all) and Vardy next to Kane you'd have been much more clinical. 

What does "based on tactics" mean? Presumably every team selection is "based on tactics", it doesn't mean they're the correct ones. 

Edit: ps, if I'm a bit cranky it's probably because I got four hours sleep last night and I'm in agony with a stomach ulcer so I apologise for my tone, though not my point. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

I've just said it's not a plot against Leicester. Read, Webster, or don't respond. 

Vardy would certainly have improved the starting line up last night, by playing Sterling in Lingard's role (or not at all) and Vardy next to Kane you'd have been much more clinical. 

What does "based on tactics" mean? Presumably every team selection is "based on tactics", it doesn't mean they're the correct ones. 

In your opinion. Vardy has played games for England where he hasn't contributed anything, we can only speculate whether he would have improved things last night. Vardy doesn't fit the tactics against the smaller, park the bus, type countries. He'd be a lot more useful against the better teams that try to attack.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

In your opinion. Vardy has played games for England where he hasn't contributed anything, we can only speculate whether he would have improved things last night. Vardy doesn't fit the tactics against the smaller, park the bus, type countries. He'd be a lot more useful against the better teams that try to attack.

Every player does though, that's not a reasonable criticism. 

If he doesn't fit the tactics then they're using him wrong, simple as. He's far more than just a shoulder of last defender player, we all know that. He'd have buried a couple of those Lingard missed - creating chances wasn't the problem, finishing was and he is a top poacher

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Vardy has much more composure in front of goal than Sterling and Lingard. He would've finished any of their chances. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bert said:

Vardy has much more composure in front of goal than Sterling and Lingard. He would've finished any of their chances. 

But would he get those chances? Managers pick different players to do different things. 

I wonder if the posters on Stockport Countytalk are so bothered about Vardy not starting?

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm still right.

No, you aren't, you're making yourself look thick. But you're also stubborn enough that you're going to just keep repeating the same shit on loop, rewording it ever so slightly every few minutes, because you aren't intelligent enough to understand what's being explained to you. 

And I'm making it very easy for you to dismiss my replies as I'm in an angry, short tempered and inpatient mood. 

Bottom line: to effectively break down a stubborn and defensive shape you need to either have strikers who can move, react and finish with little space in the penalty area OR players who can score from range. 

Jamie Vardy is very, very good at the first and weak at the second. Harry Kane is strong at both. Lingard and Sterling are very poor at the first and average at best at the second. 

The chances you created last night all required a poacher, ie Vardy, to be on the end of - as evidenced by HIS ENTIRE PORTFOLIO OF ENGLAND GOALS TO DATE. 

Someone get me a drink. Large Al, please take over, this is painful.