Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tunisia v England match thread

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not that old shit again. Kane has been the top goal scorer in the Prem for 2 out of the last 3 years, including the year we won the league. He came second last year. If in your twisted mind that makes him worse than Vardy then I'm wasting my time trying to talk sense to you.

Statistics are like witchcraft to you aren't they, Webster? 

Absolutely wrinkles your brain when we talk about economy in terms of goal scoring. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not that old shit again. Kane has been the top goal scorer in the Prem for 2 out of the last 3 years, including the year we won the league. He came second last year. If in your twisted mind that makes him worse than Vardy then I'm wasting my time trying to talk sense to you.

Just providing facts. Never said drop Kane.

Also I'm was actually calling for Rashfords inclusion ahead of Sterling after last night, not Vardy, only got into Vardy because of you're posts about him. So no Leicester bias here.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Statistics are like witchcraft to you aren't they, Webster? 

Absolutely wrinkles your brain when we talk about economy in terms of goal scoring. 

The statistic is Kane has scored more goals than Vardy. 

• Haha 1

Vardy can play against anyone. Whether they sit deep or not. If the clinical passing is there for him to feed off he will score goals for fun. He has proved over the last couple of seasons he has so much more to his game than just playing off the shoulder.

That being said we have a squad of 23 players and im sure Southgate wants to try and give everyone some game time. He also might want to hold Vardy back so he is chomping at the bit against the 'harder' teams (Belgium specifically).

Yes in my mind I would have brought Vardy on, but i'm certain that's me being biased. I had no problem seeing Rashford and Loftus-Cheek getting on the pitch. Both players looked decent when they came on.

We should be happy that they got the job done. Kane was relatively quiet but proved what a class player he is. There when we really needed him.

Now the first game is done I would look at seeing Kane and Vardy together. Even if its for 30 mins or something. Imagine tired Panama legs trying to deal with Vardy's movement. Kane would have a field day knowing Vardy was running defenders ragged.

What we as LCFC fans should be talking about is Harry Maguires overall play. Made a couple of silly errors but his overall game was really good.

@the foxDo you support all African nations? You are Algerian aren't you? Just interested in your view point. I struggle to support Wales these days but that wasn't always the case. I would support a Bin Laden 11 against Scotland but my view was tainted by living there. Just interested to know if you would be behind specific African nations and the reasoning or if it's just certain ones?

Edited by Max Wall
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

So he's in the position to shoot more often?

Or he takes on impossible shots. Or he plays in a more attacking team and isn't as efficient as Vardy who scores almost as many with the few chances he get.

18 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

By the way, is that serious that your comments were restricted? If so, that is poor.

Yes. I can understand how it feels to be on the edge and wanting your national team to win but I didn't say anything out of line.

tbh, I had a period of about a week (think last year) when I got restricted for a day, came back and less than a day later a got restricted for 2 days, and just when I came back for the 3rd time, guess what? I received a 3-4 days restriction. Here's a visual representation of that experience...

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Well done on supporting a fellow African nation. That's not something that happens often enough in the UK. Hopefully, they can put the Belgians to the sword and go through for you.

Tbf, I was petty every time an Arab/African country. I posted an "I'm heartbroken" post linked with this image

DVYcsWlXkAAjxfm.jpg.9080ce774d5d3d503714b6f60e1358ec.jpg

It's like how you root for your best friend to succeed in doing a trick but laugh at him when he fails. Is it childish? yeah! but is it fun? absolutely lol

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

But takes more attempts to do so.

Kane is world class he proves it over and over, Vardy isn’t in that bracket but he is still immense. To be fourth top scorer over the last three seasons is quality, we are lucky to have them both for England. Vardy will be huge for us when playing teams that come forward 

Just now, Facecloth said:

Or he takes on impossible shots. Or he plays in a more attacking team and isn't as efficient as Vardy who scores almost as many with the few chances he get.

Or he gets in better positions to start with. Or he makes more of his own chances. Or he scores more goals because he's a better goal scorer?

This is so boring, you've admitted you're only arguing because it's me. Why are you always so desperate?

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Kane is world class he proves it over and over, Vardy isn’t in that bracket but he is still immense. To be fourth top scorer over the last three seasons is quality, we are lucky to have them both for England. Vardy will be huge for us when playing teams that come forward 

Kane has a strikers instinct, but he has a bit to do before being world class. He's very greedy. He's often poor in the box at making decision that doesn't involv shooting. Instinct shooting can't fault him, but given the choice of shooting or passing with a little bit of time you often see him crowded out of fluffing his shot. Ronaldo is world class, Messi is, Kane isn't. That's not saying he's not good, nor saying he shouldn't start.

Vardy scores a good 60-65% of his goals against the good sides.

Whether it's a bit of showmanship, loving the occasion etc or whether he gets more space or whatever, he's proven countless times that he's excellent against good teams.

It wasn't that horrendous that Vardy didn't get a game last night (even though I would have brought him on when we needed a goal) but it will be worrying that Southgate can't see the use in him when we play Belgium and those beyond.

Not really sure why everyone is arguing so much. Everyone seems to be coming to the same point, just at a different angle.

Kane is the first man on the teamsheet and our only truly world class player. Those in and around him should chop and change depending on the opponent. Last night Sterling had a mare but he, Lingard and Alli were the obvious three IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Vardy doesn't score as many goals ffs.

I absolutely love the man but Kane is different class. Possibly the best number 9 in the world.

25 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well this is it at the end of the day

If the man is getting three points on the board and winning football matches we can't really grumble about his methods I guess.

As we know, it could be a lot worse, already have more points than we got in 2014 and a win against Panama away from getting six points in the group stage for the first time I can remember in Yonks.....might even be 1998

2006 surely? Beat Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago, drew with Sweden

Theres an argument going on about basically nothing.

Kane is in the side, he has scored twice, hes Englands best striker and compliments the system we play.

That doesn't mean Vardy is useless or there is a vendetta against Vardy. Vardy also doesn't have a right to be ahead of Kane just because he plays for Leicester.

Also, pulling up examples of Vardy not being able to score vs San Marino and Malta...... this proves absolutely nothing about anything.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Or he gets in better positions to start with. Or he makes more of his own chances. Or he scores more goals because he's a better goal scorer?

This is so boring, you've admitted you're only arguing because it's me. Why are you always so desperate?

When did I admit that? Im arguing because you're wrong, again. And ignoring evidence presented to you, again.

He scores more because he's in a stronger team and he shoots more, and I mean a hell of a lot more.

Kane had 184 shots last season, 76 hit the target, he scored 30 goals.

Vardy had 71 shots last season, 35 on target and resulted on 20 goals. He's much more efficient in front of goal, that stats prove it. 

Lukaku btw had 86 shots, 43 on target, resulting in 16 goals.

Aguero 94 shots, 42 on target, 21 goals. That's for the all conquering , not stop attacking champions.

Salah is the only one who gets close, with 144 shots, 67 on target and 32 goals.

Yes she scores more, but he's clearly not as efficient in front of goal as other top strikers in the league. You might say he gets in more shooting positions, I say it's because he tries the impossible a little too much. Maybe he needs to play the pecentages a bit more, use his team mates every now and then.

I still want Kane to start, al this started because people have this idea Vardy is only good in space. Get them both in they both score goals.

Edited by Facecloth

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Kane is also more wasteful than Vardy. Kane scores something like 13% of his chances, Vardy something like 26%.

Anyway we're saying play both. And clearly Sterling isn't that good at scoring them lol And I don't know what Sterling did yesterday except run onto defenders and put the ball wide. Rashford did more in his first 5 minutes than Sterling did the whole time he was on pitch.

Ahem: 

Nice try.

28 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

@the foxDo you support all African nations

Yeah, and Arab countries too. 

23 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

You are Algerian aren't you?

Yes, I am.

Just interested in your view point.

My point of you is this. I was raised on the principle of "you support your brother before your cousin, your blood before your friend and your friend before a stranger". Think for Arabs, we share too much together for me not to support them. I may laugh when they fail but with no ill intent. I want them to do good and live happily. If I don't back them, who will?

28 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I would support a Bin Laden 11 against Scotland but my view was tainted by living there

tbf, Bin Laden had a mean shot on him......... a terrorist joke? no? ok, I would leave it there.

ust interested to know if you would be behind specific African nations and the reasoning or if it's just certain ones?

I support all Africans when they are representing our continent. While I have my favorites (like Ghana, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, ivory coast..etc), Any team representing our homeland is getting my support.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

When did I admit that? Im arguing because you're wrong, again. And ignoring evidence presented to you, again.

He scores more because he's in a stronger team and he shoots more, and I mean a hell of a lot more.

Vardy had 71 shots last season, 35 on target and resulted on 20 goals. He's much more efficient in front of goal, that stats prove it. 

Aguero 94 shots, 42 on target, 21 goals. That's for the all conquering , not stop attacking champions.

Salah is the only one who gets close, with 144 shots, 67 on target and 32 goals.

Yes she scpres more, but he's clearly not as efficient in front of goal as other top strikers in the league. You might say he gets in more shooting positions, I say it's because he tries the impossible a little too much. Maybe he needs to play the pecentages a bit more, use his team mates every now and then.

I'm sure you can find a percentage that proves Spurs won the league in 15/16.Percentages are a losers excuse, Kane scored more goals than Vardy for the last 3 years, that is the only stat that counts.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Yes she scpres more, but he's clearly not as efficient in front of goal as other top strikers in the league. You might say he gets in more shooting positions, I say it's because he tries the impossible a little too much. Maybe he needs to play the pecentages a bit more, use his team mates every now and then.

Surely a striker's job is to score goals. I'd rather have a striker score 30 goals with a poor efficiency than one that scores 1/3rd fewer with a good efficiency.