Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Denmark v Australia match thread

VAR is not solving these issues, the best you can say is the ref is rushing his decision or that he's just not competent to judge football action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

He watched one replay of it. 

Exactly, this is because of all the fuss about it taking too long we've now gone to the opposite extreme. 

Are the VAR team competent, experienced refs or are they just tech people able to run the replay angles?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

VAR is not solving these issues, the best you can say is the ref is rushing his decision or that he's just not competent to judge football action.

Am I right in thinking the ref was called back to look at the incident by the VAR panel? If so, he's going to be naturally inclined to award the penalty as he's only being called to review a decision based on the VAR panel thinking it's a penalty. This is automatically going to influence his decision.

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Am I right in thinking the ref was called back to look at the incident by the VAR panel? If so, he's going to be naturally inclined to award the penalty as he's only being called to review a decision based on the VAR panel thinking it's a penalty. This is automatically going to influence his decision.

I would like to hear the justification. RAW every ball to hand should be a free kick / penalty, but when the arm is blatantly in a natural position, the player shows no intent to block it with his arm and the opposition players are not even protesting much, then how is it a penalty? Not only that, but he proceeds to give Poulsen a yellow card (!) making him miss the game against France. As much as fortune smiled on them against Peru, it's the opposite here.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I would like to hear the justification. RAW every ball to hand should be a free kick / penalty, but when the arm is blatantly in a natural position, the player shows no intent to block it with his arm and the opposition players are not even protesting much, then how is it a penalty? Not only that, but he proceeds to give Poulsen a yellow card (!) making him miss the game against France. As much as fortune smiled on them against Peru, it's the opposite here.

Poulsen getting a yellow is ridiculous.

I still don't think it's a penalty. Ball to hand. The player is less than a yard away.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

When were you ripped off by VAR v France? Given the French penalty was clear cut...

well apparently a LOT of people disagree with your assessment.. but.. hey VAR doesnt make mistakes, it eliminates them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

lol var ripoff v france... var bonus v denmark.... 

it all evens out lol

Can't say I agree with the ripoff v France. That was a penalty. And I was definitely pro-Australia in that game!

Edited by shen