Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Denmark v Australia match thread

11 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just seen the peno call, I'd call that a natural movement and not a penalty.

Who jumps for a ball with their hands locked on their sides? You use your arms to gain lift and momentum 

Looking at it, it looks natural, he even attempts to move his arm away from the ball, he knows nothing about where the ball was going... not a penalty 

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

For me it is the players who need to get use to playing with VAR in place, having your arms up in an unnatural place will get punished. Walker did it Peno and now this a Peno however harsh they may seem. 

For me it wasn't unnatural have you ever jumped for a ball without using your arms. So it's the refs that need to get used to VAR by taking into account what is natural movement of the body and to take a more considered unrushed view of any evidence. Likewise with the VAR are teams before they recommend it to the ref.

I just get the feeling that they're all scared of making the wrong decision and passing it on, the VAR team to the ref and the ref thinking well if the VAR team have referred it they're probably correct so still end up getting it wrong.

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

For me it wasn't unnatural have you ever jumped for a ball without using your arms. So it's the refs that need to get used to VAR by taking into account what is natural movement of the body and to take a more considered unrushed view of any evidence. Likewise with the VAR are teams before they recommend it to the ref.

I just get the feeling that they're all scared of making the wrong decision and passing it on, the VAR team to the ref and the ref thinking well if the VAR team have referred it they're probably correct so still end up getting it wrong.

I looked at it again and I agree :) 

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

If only there was a goal scorer on the bench, one with experience, one who hass scored at two or even three world cups!!!:mad:

Don't think Denmark have anyone like that mate?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

If only there was a goal scorer on the bench, one with experience, one who hass scored at two or even three world cups!!!:mad:

Btw it's 3 world cups. Hoping he scores (not today) to join Pele, Seeler, Klose and Ronaldo on 4.