Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DannyN83

Domagoj Vida

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Suzie will still fancy her chances! 

Being 29 YO, he is possibly too old for us (and Suzie for that matter).  I would prefer a younger pair of legs coming in (no inference to Suzie meant).

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That's what they said about Hernandez. If I remember correctly, he couldn't play RB lol

4 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I always get worried when I see player is a *position* but can play in *position*, because they never seem that good at either in reality

Jack of all trades.... That said, Vardy can play left wing. 

If we buy another CB Morgan may be fourth place CB. It's a firm statement of intent if we buy another CB this window when we already have a England international CB in the team.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Jack of all trades.... That said, Vardy can play left wing. 

If we buy another CB Morgan may be fourth place CB. It's a firm statement of intent if we buy another CB this window when we already have a England international CB in the team.

Vardy can play LW, he's not very good at it though. Fuchs can do a job at CB, I wouldn't wanna see him play for us mind lol

If we ARE ACTUALLY putting bids in for this fella, he'll be getting updated by his agent whilst away with Croatia. Got to think he'll be talking to the boys in camp about it. 

I wonder what Andrej Kramaric will be saying....

• Haha 1

I think if we are really signing this guy it’s a massive hint at a switch to wing backs. 

Pereira and Chilwell can do this pretty well with Fuchs (and maybe Wood) and Albrighton as back ups. 

Also explains lack of urgency around getting in another winger, as we may not play them.  

25 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I think if we are really signing this guy it’s a massive hint at a switch to wing backs. 

Pereira and Chilwell can do this pretty well with Fuchs (and maybe Wood) and Albrighton as back ups. 

Also explains lack of urgency around getting in another winger, as we may not play them.  

If we're going three at the back then we need to sign two centre backs.

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If we're going three at the back then we need to sign two centre backs.

Is there any evidence that we are going three at the back? I see a lot of people mentioning it. Just out of interest, has Puel ever hinted this would happen?

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Is there any evidence that we are going three at the back? I see a lot of people mentioning it. Just out of interest, has Puel ever hinted this would happen?

Not that I've seen.

Some on here seem to assume that as we 'may' be interested in getting another CB then it mens they'll be played rather than be sat on the bench. Hence my comment about needing two more centre backs, that or Morgan is cover for three first team players.

Of course there is.  Pereira and Chilwell both wing back material.  Signing Evans with Maguire, Amartey, Fuchs, Bene and Morgan on the books says it all.  With this new interest and other CBs mentioned I would be amazed if we didn't switch to 3 at the back.  We have the squad for it.

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Of course there is.  Pereira and Chilwell both wing back material.  Signing Evans with Maguire, Amartey, Fuchs, Bene and Morgan on the books says it all.  With this new interest and other CBs mentioned I would be amazed if we didn't switch to 3 at the back.  We have the squad for it.

If you're happy to have Amartey, Fuchs Benny & Morgan as cover for three first team players then you don't have high hopes of us making Europe next year.

Who's your cover for wing backs Chilwell & Pereira?

Fuchs & Simpson? Even less chance of making Europe.

Edited by hackneyfox

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we’re intending on going to a back three.

I think we’re simply upgrading the squad, in the positions we need to, i.e. Pereira for Simpson, Evans for Morgan. If we get Vida, he will be seen as a replacement for Dragovic. Simple really.

Has Puel ever in his coaching career played 3 CB's? I remember watching a review of his tactics as a coach and all his formations seemed to be 4 at the back with 2 CB's and attacking full backs. 

I don't think signing another Cb is evidence of a change in formation, more so an understanding that we need a very capable CB cover, which Morgan is not. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Has Puel ever in his coaching career played 3 CB's? I remember watching a review of his tactics as a coach and all his formations seemed to be 4 at the back with 2 CB's and attacking full backs. 

I don't think signing another Cb is evidence of a change in formation, more so an understanding that we need a very capable CB cover, which Morgan is not. 

Correct.

• Like 1

Agreed. Everything in Puel’s past, and the signing of Maddison, point to us playing 4231 again next season, possibly 442 (diamond) on occasion.

Still need another CB as 3rd/4th choice. Hughes isn’t ready & I suspect Amartey isn’t considered good enough, despite his AFCON reviews...

20 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think we do need to buy more but I think we are going in this direction.  Albrighton is one though.  Plus Amarty can cover RWB

We'd get relegated, should we get injuries to a few of the back five, with the cover you're proposing.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

If you think the deployment of Chilwell on the wing a lot last season and the signing of Pereira then with our current defenders could indicate that he is thinking about changing - afterall coaches don't develop unless they are open to change and Puel strikes me as a forward thinker. If you consider the recent trend of it, and the fact that our squad have the players to suit this formation then it is not beyond the realms of possibility.