Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Colombia v England - last 16 round - 03/07 at 19:00ko

8 minutes ago, TeePee said:

What about Shakira? What if she decides to track you down? :D

Shakira? There's a thought. But how would she discover me, of 10 The High Street Haverhill, turn left at the Post Office and go across Tesco's car park? Key under plant pot, sod it, door open.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why didn't Vardy take a pen?!!

Most likely we had a predetermined 5. Apparently Southgate has spent a lot of time with us on pens. Vardy was probably lower down the pecking order as he was not a starter and Rashford is the more direct replacement for Sterling. Nothing would be changed at the last minute, guessing he wants everyone to know their position for concentration reasons. If Vardy is on the pitch not a bad option for sudden death.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

If Southgate can crack the Alli / Lingard / Sterling problem then there's a ****ing good team there.

We really really need Sterling to come to the party. 

The thing is how much longer can we stick with Sterling? his goal record for England is woeful. And he gives the ball away too much. Rashford should probably start IMO. Alli seems to be still carrying a knock. We don't seem to have that player in midfield that is grabbing the game and making things happen in the starting 11. That said, we are in the quarters and a great chance to go to the final. 

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

The thing is how much longer can we stick with Sterling? his goal record for England is woeful. And he gives the ball away too much. Rashford should probably start IMO. Alli seems to be still carrying a knock. We don't seem to have that player in midfield that is grabbing the game and making things happen in the starting 11. That said, we are in the quarters and a great chance to go to the final. 

Going against the grain but thought Sterling gave Mina real problems in the first half. He did fade badly though.

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Going against the grain but thought Sterling gave Mina real problems in the first half. He did fade badly though.

I think you are right. And if I can get over my anti spurs bias (Kane doesn't count - Leicester magic) then I could stop thinking that Alli and Dier are total wastes of shirts too.

I haven't thought it through.

Edited by trabuch

Sterling should be an impact sub. Alle should not be a starter and maybe shouldn't even be on the bench, injured or not. He gives nothing to England's play.

Also, sorry to say, foxes fans need to back off about wanting Vardy to play. the system doesn't suit him in international competitions. He could be an impact player against certain teams styles but in fact he is pretty much one dimensional, playing on the turn, running behind defences but that's pretty easy for international teams to work out. 

Maybe take off those blue Vardy tinted glasses? 

How anyone can blame Pickford for saving a worldie with a worldie save which then resulted in an equaliser, as some have done, is beyond me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I think you are right. And if I can get over my anti spurs bias (Kane doesn't count - Leicester magic) then I could stop thinking that Alli and Dier are total wastes of shirts too.

I haven't thought it through.

Yeah. Maybe you haven't. Not going to join the 'Sterling is shite' brigade. Started 3 games, we've won them all. I'd take that record.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah. Maybe you haven't. Not going to join the 'Sterling is shite' brigade. Started 3 games, we've won them all. I'd take that record.

he is shite though, like you say he faded badly, invisible second half there are better players on the bench 

I'd rather have Delph in there ahead of Sterling he is a waste of player genuinely

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Ps whatever Harry Maguire is on per week we should double it ASAP. Immense.

Genuinely starting to worry a bit. A lot of big teams need a good CB at the moment, and he's arguably been the second best defender in the tournament after Godin.

The second he gets off the plane, we need to bundle him into a van and hide him somewhere until the window closes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Also, sorry to say, foxes fans need to back off about wanting Vardy to play. the system doesn't suit him in international competitions. He could be an impact player against certain teams styles but in fact he is pretty much one dimensional, playing on the turn, running behind defences but that's pretty easy for international teams to work out. 

Maybe take off those blue Vardy tinted glasses? 

How anyone can blame Pickford for saving a worldie with a worldie save which then resulted in an equaliser, as some have done, is beyond me.

I actually thought that Vardy did well in the second half of extra time and caused Columbia some problems. It helped that we played a more direct game in that period. I think Southgate pretty much told them to get Vardy involved. I agree that he's ineffective in that possession-based system though.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1